FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

travelinmanS Apr 15, 19 3:55 am

Purchased 3 x $50 gc last week. Credit posted in a few days.

rkb2530 Apr 15, 19 9:24 am

New AMEX Delta Platinum Card
4/10 Purchased $50 gift card
4/12 $100 Statement credit posted.

IrisT Apr 15, 19 12:09 pm

No credit yet for Delta gift card with AmEx Plat purchase
 
I have been purchasing $50 cards the last few years and receiving the credits, just like everyone else has posted. On 4/10, I purchased 1 - $100 gift card, and no credit yet. I see others who purchased $50 cards that day have received credit already. Does the credit not work for the $100 cards, like the $50 cards?

mia Apr 15, 19 12:23 pm


Originally Posted by IrisT (Post 31002921)
I....Does the credit not work for the $100 cards, like the $50 cards?

No it does not. American Express' system seems to only mistake $50 cards for fees.

IrisT Apr 15, 19 12:32 pm

Darn for me. Thank you for the info, mia. Last year, I tried to use too many gift cards on a ticket (it only allows 4 at a time, or something--I do not recall the exact number), so I thought I would go for the $100 one this time. My mistake!

nsr Apr 22, 19 8:23 am

4/19 $50x5 in a single purchase (showed up as a single $250 pending)
4/20 $50x5 charges (each separate)
4/21 $50x5 credits ^

Jared Doyon Apr 23, 19 1:25 pm

$200 credit Amex plat
 
Bought my wife a $210 ticket on Delta, three days later I was reimbursed $200

IrisT Apr 23, 19 1:50 pm


Originally Posted by Jared Doyon (Post 31029610)
Bought my wife a $210 ticket on Delta, three days later I was reimbursed $200

How did that work? You bought it with gift cards or another way?

For the $50 gift cards, I bought 2 of those after my $100 gift card purchase snafu, and received the credit 5 days later. It took so long, I was beginning to think I had messed something up by making the $100 purchase first.

saliym1988 Apr 23, 19 8:43 pm

So I made 4 purchases on March 15th for $50 delta gifts card and never got reimbursed 😩😩

they were coded DELTA CSTAR GFTCD

did is I do something wrong?

this was on my platinum card

RandomFlyerTalkUser Apr 23, 19 9:29 pm

Sounds like you did not purchase using desktop/laptop.

nlam514 Apr 23, 19 10:12 pm


Originally Posted by saliym1988 (Post 31030933)
So I made 4 purchases on March 15th for $50 delta gifts card and never got reimbursed 😩😩

they were coded DELTA CSTAR GFTCD

did is I do something wrong?

this was on my platinum card

Did you order on desktop or mobile? It won’t work if you’re on mobile site.

Jared Doyon Apr 23, 19 11:28 pm


Originally Posted by IrisT (Post 31029724)
How did that work? You bought it with gift cards or another way?

For the $50 gift cards, I bought 2 of those after my $100 gift card purchase snafu, and received the credit 5 days later. It took so long, I was beginning to think I had messed something up by making the $100 purchase first.


Are use my American Express platinum card to literally buy my wife a one-way Delta airline ticket. The price of the ticket was over $200 and a few days later $200 of the ticket cost was reimbursed to me. No gift cards used no laptop use no desk tops site used. I bought it on my iPhone

IrisT Apr 24, 19 4:01 am


Originally Posted by Jared Doyon (Post 31031320)



Are use my American Express platinum card to literally buy my wife a one-way Delta airline ticket. The price of the ticket was over $200 and a few days later $200 of the ticket cost was reimbursed to me. No gift cards used no laptop use no desk tops site used. I bought it on my iPhone

Interesting, thanks for the info. I never heard of that before. I am thinking of doing the same thing for an upcoming trip (a one-way for both of us). If we do, I guess I will try his on my iPhone to see if I get the rest of my $200 reimbursement.

Johnny O Apr 24, 19 11:04 am

So followed directions in the Wiki and purchased 4 - $50 e-gift certificates from Delta. on 4/21/19
They immediately posted as one $200 purchase which I was told they would do.
4/23/19 - the purchase was separated into individual $50 Delta purchases.
4/24/19 - AMEX credited back the full $200, clock work......

eazymoney Apr 29, 19 6:18 pm

I tried both $55 and $50 (desktop site) in separate transactions. Mine are showing up as passenger tickets (LAX -> LAX) in Amex's portal, they're even receiving the 5x points for airfare.

Seems like they caught on...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:43 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.