FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

UAFLYER22 Oct 31, 2019 8:31 am

Any more DPs on purchases larger than $250?

I am looking to book a $316 flight and use a $50 and want to charge the remaining $266 on my Hilton Aspire Card. Thoughts on that triggering the credit?

free_whine Oct 31, 2019 9:29 am

Originally Posted by UAFLYER22 (Post 31685872)
Any more DPs on purchases larger than $250?

I am looking to book a $316 flight and use a $50 and want to charge the remaining $266 on my Hilton Aspire Card. Thoughts on that triggering the credit?

Not going to happen. There have been DPs of people charging over $250 and not getting reimbursed. Meanwhile, there have been no DPs suggesting otherwise. Add another gift card and you'll be golden.

Logan12348 Oct 31, 2019 9:49 am

I just book several one ways two days ago as follow:

$251 w/ $50 Gift Card on Aspire
$251 w/$100 Gift Card on Amex Gold
$251 w/ $100 Gift Card on Amex Platinum

Will update, no credit as of yet...

jamesteroh Oct 31, 2019 12:47 pm

I purchased a $69 FCM upgrade last month and never received the credit. I called Am Ex since this was a change fee and the credit applies to change fees (I told the rep it was a change fee and not that it was a buy up to FC) and she manually issued a credit for the $69. Weird thing is someone in my office who doesn't have status has been able to upgrade coach fares to C+ and get the credit with no problem.

uppereastsider Oct 31, 2019 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 31686967)
I purchased a $69 FCM upgrade last month and never received the credit. I called Am Ex since this was a change fee and the credit applies to change fees (I told the rep it was a change fee and not that it was a buy up to FC) and she manually issued a credit for the $69. Weird thing is someone in my office who doesn't have status has been able to upgrade coach fares to C+ and get the credit with no problem.

Good to head they’ll post manually as I’ve never gotten a credit for FCM

Travelo Oct 31, 2019 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Logan12348 (Post 31686169)
I just book several one ways two days ago as follow:

$251 w/ $50 Gift Card on Aspire
$251 w/$100 Gift Card on Amex Gold
$251 w/ $100 Gift Card on Amex Platinum

Will update, no credit as of yet...

I booked $248.30 with $50 Gift Card (posted 29 October) on Amex Platinum...meter hasn't moved and no credit yet. It also shows up as "Delta Airlines Delta.com" and not "Additional Charges" like other successful DPs have mentioned so I'm worried...will edit if anything changes.

Edit: The document type is listed as "Additional Collection" so there is still hope!

Edit 2: Received credit for $198.30 on November 1!

Logan12348 Oct 31, 2019 2:17 pm

Mine that I listed above posted the same way as Delta Airlines and not Additional, so I too am worried. Will update in a few days

MSPeconomist Oct 31, 2019 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by MorganB (Post 31684318)
Delta keeps it kind of hidden with very little on their website. Its not unlike AA's 5 star service. From what I understand it is now open to any class of service and includes lounge access if you don't already have it. Its 350$ for the first person and 100$ for each additional person. I'm traveling with my father to Africa but I will only be joining him in Atlanta and onward. He will have to connected by himself in Atlanta and he is 94 and while he is generally able bodied and sharp minded when he gets tired he is sometimes less clear headed so I plan on using the service for him. They will actually meet him on the plane and take him through customs and immigration in Atlanta on the return and then drive him to his onward flight. As I will be connecting to a different flight in a different terminal its totally worth it. Not so much for the VIP aspect but more for peace of mind in my case. At any rate (back on topic) was hoping someone had used it and been reimbursed .....

Since the cost will be over $250, I would assume that the answer is no unless you can pay part of it with gift cards or vouchers.

Travelo Oct 31, 2019 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Logan12348 (Post 31687348)
Mine that I listed above posted the same way as Delta Airlines and not Additional, so I too am worried. Will update in a few days

Check again. I was looking at the wrong thing. Log in on the desktop site and click the transaction. Under details on the right of the screen it should say "Document Type: Additional Collection".

MSPeconomist Oct 31, 2019 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 31686967)

IIRC this was discussed earlier in this thread, but the rules say that upgrade costs are excluded while seat selection fees are included. My guess is that the FC upgrade looks like a genuine upgrade so that it's ineligible, but the C+ "upgrade" (that DL now tries to treat as an upgrade subject to upgrade inventory) began life as seats having certain privileges that are associated with additional fees for nonelites, so it's considered a seat reservation fee.

Logan12348 Oct 31, 2019 2:26 pm

Thanks, I checked mine is same as yours... Additional Collections... so wait and see! Thanks

nomiiiii Oct 31, 2019 8:26 pm

The wiki doesn't address this so I wanted to confirm - the max $250 in additional collection triggering - this also works for Amex Platinum or Gold cards (which have a lower $200/100 credit threshold)? Or for these cards does the additional collection need to be max to their threshold?

Zorak Oct 31, 2019 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by nomiiiii (Post 31688385)
The wiki doesn't address this so I wanted to confirm - the max $250 in additional collection triggering - this also works for Amex Platinum or Gold cards (which have a lower $200/100 credit threshold)? Or for these cards does the additional collection need to be max to their threshold?

In scanning the thread there have been multiple reports of Gold cards being reimbursed the full $100 for a/c > $100, and also Plat getting the full $200 for a/c > $200. It does seem like there might be an upper bound around $250.

(added to wiki)

gregsfortytwo Nov 1, 2019 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31688489)
In scanning the thread there have been multiple reports of Gold cards being reimbursed the full $100 for a/c > $100, and also Plat getting the full $200 for a/c > $200. It does seem like there might be an upper bound around $250.

(added to wiki)

IIRC the limit was $200 prior to the debut of he Hilton card with a $250 credit, so I’d guess they have a single number in their system for all cards that is set to whatever their highest reimbursement is.

Which does seem a bit odd since there’s no reason to expect an applicable charge will be under those l8mots (especially lounge memberships, which were the original intention!), but they’re probably trying to detect faked plane tickets based on the data they have without requiring too much manual review of charges.

free_whine Nov 1, 2019 9:03 am

Originally Posted by nomiiiii (Post 31688385)

$250 for any card with a incidentals credit