FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

highops Aug 15, 2016 9:27 am

Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride (Post 27065724)
I read that, but don't actually understand what that means in practice. So just book two different itineraries? It's a poor value on international flights, right? (I'm based in Tokyo)

I'm not sure. One way doesn't seem to always be more expensive like it was years ago. But, sometimes it still is.

It probably isn't worth another $50-$150 of redemption anyway because if the a delay on the front end turns it into a trip in vain I do not believe you are protected on the return.

I fly enough on Delta (live near DTW) that it is not that hard to use them even with the three at a time limit.

tomasdev Sep 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Maybe I screwed it but well, it's worth asking here rather than asking AmEx.

I bought 2x$50 in March. Received the credit just 3 days after charge posted.
My PRG renewed in August. I bought 2x$50 last week. Credit not received (yet.)

I was wondering, according to the wiki it says "per calendar year" - so you could actually get the benefit twice in your first membership year? And get screwed like I did, paying the annual fee and only getting it once per year?

strickerj Sep 14, 2016 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by tomasdev (Post 27213167)

I was wondering, according to the wiki it says "per calendar year" - so you could actually get the benefit twice in your first membership year? And get screwed like I did, paying the annual fee and only getting it once per year?

Im afraid so... The credit renews every year on January 1 regardless of when your annual fee hits.

gooselee Sep 16, 2016 7:45 am

Originally Posted by tomasdev (Post 27213167)

The wiki is correct - you get the benefit once per calendar year (renewing 1/1), not per membership year. If you got credits in March 2016, you don't get more until 1/1/17.

But, it's not like you got "screwed". You still have $100 in DL GCs that I'd assume you were going to spend anyway. Or maybe now you have a nice Christmas/birthday/whatever present for someone already squared away. :)

slbnoob Sep 23, 2016 8:56 am

Not the most appropriate forum for my question, but still.
I tried to use these DL certificates on an international flight (MSP-CAN) on DL (with 1 code shared leg) for someone else's flight (not me). It didn't let me use them, saying 'Unable to use. Try later'. I just went ahead and use my CC to pay all the fare. Has anyone seen this message before? Was it just a website issue or more like restrictions on where I can use the certificates for?

Duke787 Sep 25, 2016 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly (Post 27020183)
I have a DL itin with 4 pax and the charge to change to Comfort + is $150 each.

Has anyone had recent experience getting reimbursed for similar charges of this magnitude?

Bump any update on this. Looking at 2x 89 Euro for C+ on a daytime TATL home from Europe. Purchase is separate from the actual award booking and would be 2 separate charges (thanks to DL an their awesome dynamic pricing I've had to book one at a time as they let saver awards dribble out).

Nat25 Sep 26, 2016 4:48 am

How many $50 Delta eCerts can be used in one booking?

mia Sep 26, 2016 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Nat25 (Post 27264177)
How many $50 Delta eCerts can be used in one booking?

Read HERE. A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

mango305 Oct 19, 2016 7:36 am

Is PGGM dead?

I booked a delta ticket with economy comfort (at about 4pm one day) then cancel the ticket the next day (at about 1pm). The ticket charge is posted in credit card then refunded, but economy comfort only showed up as pending transaction (i.e. it is never posted) then disappered from pending transaction. So I do not receive the $200 credit. I tried twice, both are the same.

It was the other way around in the past - economy comfort charge was posted as a transaction then refunded, ticket charge was pending then disappered.

mrstraveler Oct 22, 2016 5:48 pm

Seems like everyone is purchasing e-certs in $50x4 increments to activate credit benefit. Anyone have luck purchasing 1 $200 or 2x $100?

mia Oct 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler (Post 27380706)
...purchasing 1 $200 or 2x $100?

This does not work. Please read the Wikipost at the top of the thread.

mrstraveler Oct 31, 2016 11:52 am

Booked two DL award seats, credit covered upgrades to Delta Comfort and a portion of the taxes.

THEsocalledfan Nov 1, 2016 12:02 pm

Can you combine redeeming the e-certs with the Delta Reserve BOGO offer?

Duke787 Nov 3, 2016 8:32 am

Originally Posted by mrstraveler (Post 27417470)
Booked two DL award seats, credit covered upgrades to Delta Comfort and a portion of the taxes.

How long did it take the credit to post? I bought 2x C+ for a TATL a couple days ago which both have posted at $100 each (as expected) but no credit yet.

mooper Nov 3, 2016 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 27431253)
How long did it take the credit to post? I bought 2x C+ for a TATL a couple days ago which both have posted at $100 each (as expected) but no credit yet.

Please see Wiki. A couple days isn't enough of a wait - can take much longer than that, but typically a week or two will suffice.

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan (Post 27422068)
Can you combine redeeming the e-certs with the Delta Reserve BOGO offer?

AFAIK, you can't apply e-certs to the companion cert purchases.