FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

mia Feb 6, 17 11:37 am

Originally Posted by artgriego (Post 27872674)
... supposed to show up as 4 individual charges.

They will. Pending transactions are not final. This is explained in the Wikipost at the top of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1739932

FlyerTalkUserName Feb 6, 17 7:37 pm

I tried to apply my gift cards to the cost of taxes and fees on an award flight ex-LHR, but couldn't get an agent savvy enough to figure out how to actually process the transaction, even after they agreed that I should be able to use the gift card per the terms. System wouldn't allow it. So they gave me a $50 voucher since I spent an hour on the phone. As a result I wanted to change my inbound flight to LHR and was now stuck paying a $150 change fee. Agent wouldn't waive it, but allowed me to use a GC, which I believe is against the rules. But they would only allow me to use two gift cards/vouchers. So I put the other $50 on my AmEx Plat. Thankfully I had only bought $150 in gift cards and the last $50 of the change posted and was credited.

Gig103 Feb 8, 17 12:27 am

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName (Post 27874645)
Thankfully I had only bought $150 in gift cards and the last $50 of the change posted and was credited.

Yeah, that important point in the Wiki about 3 eCerts per transaction was incredibly helpful. I booked $50x3 and then figure my bag fees will be the remaining balance. Otherwise I would have just bought $50x4 like my buddy did on AA and been "stuck".

sdix Feb 8, 17 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by ntr91 (Post 27858283)
Business Plat:

4-$50 ecerts in one transaction
4-$50 refunds the day after the purchase posted

Centurion card. Ditto the above timing. Much easier/faster than my past experience with AA

CarefulBuilder14 Feb 10, 17 10:38 am

I bought a $50 Delta GC earlier this month and applied it to a ~$215 ticket a few days later. ~$165 went on my Platinum.

I got the $50 to offset the GC as expected...but also, surprisingly, the last $150 as well against the ticket. The ~$165 appears as "Document Type: ADDITIONAL COLLECTION". My name appears in the "Passenger Name" field and there's a ticket number, but it doesn't show the airports involved (like it does for GC-less ticket purchases).

BigPoppa99 Feb 13, 17 8:13 am

Originally Posted by CarefulBuilder14 (Post 27891483)
I bought a $50 Delta GC earlier this month and applied it to a ~$215 ticket a few days later. ~$165 went on my Platinum.

I got the $50 to offset the GC as expected...but also, surprisingly, the last $150 as well against the ticket. The ~$165 appears as "Document Type: ADDITIONAL COLLECTION". My name appears in the "Passenger Name" field and there's a ticket number, but it doesn't show the airports involved (like it does for GC-less ticket purchases).

This happened to me as well. I applied 150 in gift cards to a one way flight, applied the balance to my plat. A day after the charge posted I recieved the delta credit. My charge notes reflected the same detail. My passanger name and no airports.

boboqui Feb 13, 17 11:07 am

Ameriprise Plat:

4-$50 ecerts in one transaction on 2/11
4-$50 refunds on 2/13

Rommie2k6 Feb 14, 17 8:45 am

Been reading lots of report PGGM is dead with Delta, any workarounds?

If it's dead, any recommendations on a hack to cash out the travel credit? Would prefer not to take Airline GC, still have tons of those....

MRTHNMAN Feb 16, 17 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 (Post 27907529)
Been reading lots of report PGGM is dead with Delta, any workarounds?

If it's dead, any recommendations on a hack to cash out the travel credit? Would prefer not to take Airline GC, still have tons of those....

I wonder if anyone tried the PGGM by buying a refundable ticket , then paying for the seat upgrade , then wait a few days for the charge to go through so the incidental credit would be triggered , and then cancel , would the seat upgrade be refunded as well ?

gwapzerick09 Feb 17, 17 7:10 am

My first post here..

Bought 4 $50 DL Gift Cards on 12/14

Posted 2/15

Credited 2/16

yug_sekwaf Feb 21, 17 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 27872719)
They will. Pending transactions are not final. This is explained in the Wikipost at the top of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1739932

Hi, Can anyone confirm what the transactions are being coded as? TIA

parkums Feb 27, 17 7:15 pm

another datapoint

Feb 20: Called AMEX to change airline choice to Delta
Feb 20: Bought 4 gift cards online at $50 each.
Feb 21: 4 charges of $50 each posted to Amex account
Feb 22: Amex fee reimbursement (4 charges $50 each) posted to account

That was easy :D

gooselee Feb 27, 17 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by parkums (Post 27967214)
Feb 20: Called AMEX to change airline choice to Delta
Feb 20: Bought 4 gift cards online at $50 each.
Feb 21: 4 charges of $50 each posted to Amex account
Feb 22: Amex fee reimbursement (4 charges $50 each) posted to account

That was easy :D

Wait - they let you change your airline choice? I thought you only had until 1/31 to do that each year?

I'm finding myself on AA a bit this year but completely forgot last month and let my airline choice "renew" to DL...

DaveInLA Feb 27, 17 9:56 pm

I read that they MIGHT let you change the airline after 1/31, but only if you haven't used any credit yet. I used $99 of my DL credit so far, so I doubt I'll be able to change it.

Regarding the question of trying PGGM with a refundable fare, I haven't tried it but I remember people doing it on another forum about a year ago; for whatever reason, it didn't seem to work, though I can't understand why.

TJMAC Feb 28, 17 8:01 am

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 27967254)
Wait - they let you change your airline choice? I thought you only had until 1/31 to do that each year?

I'm finding myself on AA a bit this year but completely forgot last month and let my airline choice "renew" to DL...

Yep. I called last week about a retention bonus, I told them I'd been flying DL exclusively and they offered to change my airline to DL from UA.