FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

gooselee Dec 13, 16 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by superpanjy (Post 27600620)
any policy change for 2017?

With regards to what, specifically?

If you're asking about using the Amex fee credit to cover the purchase of gift cards, this has actually always been explicitly excluded from the list of covered charges. Amex has just not been troubled enough to actually enforce the restriction. If they started, it would not be a change in policy, just an enforcement of the already existing one.

Johnny Rocket Dec 16, 16 7:42 am

Does buying a refundable tickets $200+, then cancelling a month later also see the credit stick?

mia Dec 16, 16 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket (Post 27620483)
Does buying a refundable tickets $200+, then cancelling a month later also see the credit stick?

Ticket purchases do not reliably trigger reimbursement on Platinum or Premier Rewards Gold.

clatfd Dec 16, 16 1:15 pm

DL 4*$50 reimbursed

Purchased on Dec 12, posted on Dec 14, reimbursed on Dec 15

troyhouse Dec 19, 16 1:52 pm

I have yet to reimburse PRG airline fee reimbursement with Delta. So to confirm, I can just egift cards 50x2 and it should work, right?

zorbachs Dec 19, 16 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by troyhouse (Post 27635521)
I have yet to reimburse PRG airline fee reimbursement with Delta. So to confirm, I can just egift cards 50x2 and it should work, right?

Yes. I usually do that each year for my Plat card. As long as the gift cards are 50 or under, it triggers the refund

cinnamon121 Dec 20, 16 10:06 am

I had about $171 left in my DL airline fee reimbursement, and bought 3 Delta $50 eGift cards to use up $150. If I buy a fourth, will the remaining partial credit be used?

Technobie Dec 20, 16 10:07 am

Originally Posted by tarheeljd (Post 27589381)
So, I may have screwed up today. I had the box checked for four, $50 physical gift cards instead of ecerts. Does anyone know if it makes a difference in the AMEX reimbursement if you get physical cards instead of ecerts? I suppose I will find out on my AMEX Platinum statement in a few days, but it is driving me crazy! Thanks!

Yeah, I'm in somewhat the same boat. Purchased two $50 physical gift cards (before I found the wiki) and haven't seen a reimbursement yet. Any luck?

holocker Dec 20, 16 1:48 pm

Has anyone gotten credit fro the $150 change fee on an award ticket?

Technobie Dec 21, 16 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Technobie (Post 27639671)
Yeah, I'm in somewhat the same boat. Purchased two $50 physical gift cards (before I found the wiki) and haven't seen a reimbursement yet. Any luck?

Ok, update here. AMEX *does* in fact reimburse for physical gift cards purchased, as well as eCards. I purchased 2 $50 cards and the reimbursement showed up today. Might want to update the wiki.

gooselee Dec 21, 16 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket (Post 27620483)

I still don't understand these types of questions.

I get that you're trying to convert the Airline Fee Credit into, essentially, cash. But why go through all that trouble and potentially risk having it clawed back?

Why not, say, use the credit to actually cover incidental airline fees? Or if you never incur such fees, pick a different CC that covers any travel expenses? Or pay those fees for a family member?

And if you really want to effectively convert the credit into cash, just go the eGC route. You're basically getting $200 toward DL airfare that we assume you'd already be spending over the course of the year (based on the fact that you've selected DL as your airline for the credit, and that you're paying $450/yr for a travel rewards-oriented charge card).

uclacolumbiaunc Dec 21, 16 8:04 pm

i understand only 3 payment methods (credit or gift cards) can be used online for single booking, but can you use more than 3 gift cards if booked over the phone?

mia Dec 21, 16 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc (Post 27647321)
...can you use more than 3 gift cards if booked over the phone?

If redeemed at www.delta.com, a maximum of three forms of payment (including eGifts or Cards) can be applied towards a single transaction, regardless of the number of tickets purchased as part of that transaction; if redeemed through any other method, a maximum of three forms of payment (including eGifts or Cards) can be applied toward a single ticket. eGifts and Cards can be used with other eGifts and/or Cards, but cannot be used in conjunction with any other certificate, voucher or credit towards a single ticket.
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...onditions.html

uclacolumbiaunc Dec 21, 16 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 27647381)

so making a booking for two people over the phone is no different than making two bookings on the internet... ?

and if total amount is greater than total gift card amount, only two gift cards can be used...?

tomasdev Dec 21, 16 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc (Post 27647321)
i understand only 3 payment methods (credit or gift cards) can be used online for single booking, but can you use more than 3 gift cards if booked over the phone?

as confirmed by Delta TW. You can use up to 6 by phone on a round trip (two tickets, one reservation)