FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

s2kdriver80 Dec 22, 16 7:06 pm

Eligible for Amex airline credit with partner airline if on same itinerary ?

I have a round trip itinerary purchased from Delta's website, from JFK New York to OTP Bucharest and back.

I'll be paying for excess checked-in luggage both ways, so it's an opportunity to make use of the airline credits from 3 of my cards (Platinum, Business Platinum, PRG).

I chose Delta as my airline for all 3 cards.

When paying for excess luggage at JFK, obviously there is no issue. But on the way back, KLM or TAROM will be the originating airline. If I used any of those 3 cards to pay for excess luggage at the airport in Bucharest, would I be eligible for the credit?

I know that KLM or TAROM isn't Delta, but I purchased the whole itinerary initially from Delta's site.

Thanks!

tonei Dec 22, 16 8:46 pm

The credits will only trigger for charges posted by your selected airline - in this case Delta.

s2kdriver80 Dec 22, 16 8:53 pm

Ahh thanks

Zach Resnick Dec 23, 16 6:16 pm

Anyone know if I haven't used my airline credit for amex platinum yet do I still have time to switch my airline and get the $200 credit? I tried to use united mpx and gift registry in the last month but looks both failed and was planning on switching to delta and buying 4 $50 gift cards in separate purchases

yupenn Dec 24, 16 8:29 am

i was able to switch my airline from SW to DL by complaining to customer service desk

wiivile Dec 24, 16 8:42 am

Is there still a limit of 3 eCerts per transaction? No way to combine them? If you book a flight with 3 eCerts, cancel within 24 hours, will they give you one $150 eCert back that you can use?

mia Dec 24, 16 9:36 am

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 27657814)
Is there still a limit of 3 eCerts per transaction?

Scroll back to December 21 for discussion of different rules which apply to telephone vs online transactions. Online limit is three per booking; telephone is three per ticket.

wiivile Dec 24, 16 9:41 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 27657950)
Scroll back to December 21 for discussion of different rules which apply to telephone vs online transactions. Online limit is three per booking; telephone is three per ticket.

Ok, so beyond filing a complaint about them making it harder to redeem multiple small gift cards by refusing to combine them and imposing a limit on the number that can be redeemed, can they be combined by the above-mentioned method of booking a flight and then cancelling? Will they refund it as one larger cert? Or will they simply refund the original $50 eCerts?

mia Dec 24, 16 9:56 am

Terms do not directly address your scenario:

Where eGifts or Cards are redeemed for a ticket, but travel is not taken, the value of the redeemed ticket (after any applicable penalties) will be provided in accordance with Delta Air Lines’ standard policy regarding ticket refunds.
Elsewhere I see this FAQ, but it doesn't explain how 24 hour cancellations are actually processed:

If my eCredit covers the cost of my ticket, why do I need to provide credit card information?

Credit card information is required for all flight purchases in order to be eligible for Risk Free Cancellation online.

wiivile Dec 24, 16 10:04 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 27658012)
Terms do not directly address your scenario:

Elsewhere I see this FAQ, but it doesn't explain how 24 hour cancellations are actually processed:

If anyone wants to try booking a Delta flight with two $50 eCerts and a credit card, then cancelling within 24 hours, and letting me know if the eCerts get refunded as one $100 eCert or back to the same $50 eCerts, I would be very grateful :) I really don't fly revenue fares on Delta enough to use a bunch of $50 eCerts- I would pick United instead for the TravelBank. (but prefer Delta to United if the eCerts can be combined using this method)

arctann Dec 25, 16 1:47 am

Successfully changed my dad's airline from UA to DL using the online chat just now. Simple and quick. He got rejected trying to do that when calling in a few days back.

Just put in an order for 4x$50 eCerts. Will post back with results.

amexmember12 Dec 29, 16 12:05 pm

Data point - Amex Platinum

Worked for me - did a test transaction of $50 on the 27th and the credit posted the next day. Going to do my next 3 now.

https://s5.postimg.cc/3rcnsdo3r/fir...9_13_02_54.png

yoome Dec 30, 16 8:39 pm

Amex prg airline credit

Hi,

I purchased a one day pass for delta sky club which was $59 and got reimbursed. However, if I buy another one day pass, do I get to pay $59-$41=$18 or do I have to pay the full amount since it exceeds my remaining airline credit?

mhdena Dec 30, 16 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by yoome (Post 27682998)
Hi,

I purchased a one day pass for delta sky club which was $59 and got reimbursed. However, if I buy another one day pass, do I get to pay $59-$41=$18 or do I have to pay the full amount since it exceeds my remaining airline credit?

Your remaining credit is $41.

After tomorrow you'll be back at $100 for another 12 months.

mia Dec 30, 16 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by yoome (Post 27682998)
... if I buy another one day pass, do I get to pay $59-$41=$18

If you buy another pass on 12.30.2016 or 12.31.2016 you will pay the full price and American Express will reimburse $41.