Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Boraxo
This thread is for discussion of lounges accessed by presenting the Centurion or Platinum Card.

Click HERE for discussion of the separate Priority Pass benefit.

All American Express Centurion and Platinum charge cards issued worldwide provide access to:
  • Delta SkyClubs when flying DL.
  • Airspace lounges when flying any airline. Current location: SAN.
  • US Escape Lounges when flying any airline. Current locations: BDL, GSP, MSP, OAK, ONT, PBI, PHX, PVD, RNO, SMF. (N.B. UK locations are accessible via Priority Pass.)
  • Most Plaza Premium lounges; Plaza Premium First lounges seem to be excluded.
  • AMEX Centurion Lounges when flying any airline. (Please do not use this thread to post about individual Centurion clubs. Use the dedicated thread for each location.)

Current Centurion Lounges:
  • DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
  • DEN Denver (2021)
  • HKG Hong Kong (2017)
  • IAH Houston (2016)
  • LAS Las Vegas (2013)
  • MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
  • LGA New York, La Guardia (2014)
  • PHL Philadelphia (2017)
  • PHX Phoenix (2020)
  • SFO San Francisco (2014)
  • SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

These additional locations are announced, but not yet open:
  • CLT Charlotte
  • LHR London, Heathrow
  • LAX Los Angeles----open now in TBIT
  • JFK New York, Kennedy---open now in T4

Current international locations: CGH, EZE, HKG, GDL, GIG, GRU, MEX, MTY

Cards issued in USA also include:
  • Priority Pass Select which includes most AS lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but no AA, DL or UA lounges. AS lounges exclude Priority Pass at peak periods.
  • $200 Airline Fee Credit which can be used to partially reimburse the cost of an AA, AS, DL or UA club membership.

Cards issued outside the USA include:
  • Priority Pass.
  • Access to other lounges or networks which vary by country.

Airspace lounge access includes spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, at no cost.
DL no longer accepts guests at no charge. Discussion here: Delta Skyclub-- no more free guest
Priority Pass access includes the cardholder plus two guests. Additional guests are $27 each per visit.
Escape lounges will admit AU cardholders who are minors traveling solo. Amex and DL explicitly prohibit minors from entering without adults, but YMMV.

Access to select Lufthansa Lounges When Flying Lufthansa: There does not seem to be a page announcing this, but if you go to the Lounge Finder here: https://www.americanexpress.com/idc/...llection.html/ and enter a German airoport (I know that FRA and MIC works) you get the listing. It basically bumps you up one lounge - so if you are travelling coach, you get access to the Business Class Lounge, if you are flying Business Class, you get the First Class (Senator) Lounge.

Print Wikipost

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Boraxo
One major difference is that Amex Plat only provides DL lounge access to the cardholder - additional guests pay fees.
Originally Posted by mia
True, but this was a decision made by Delta.
We don't fly DL much, but both have the Platinum at this time. Which DL lounge is not to be missed?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
JFK T4 is a pretty sweet SkyClub.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by vanillabean
We don't fly DL much, but both have the Platinum at this time. Which DL lounge is not to be missed?
Where are you planning to go?

I see we share SFO as a home airport. The DL lounge @sfo is very serviceable here and maybe the best option if you are flying DL and/or don't have much time (ie. grab&go). As discussed elsewhere if you have a non-Amex PP membership I think the Priority Pass restaurants in T2 and T3 are a better option if you are hungry and have 30min for a meal. In addition there are other (less convenient) lounge options for Amex Plat and PP cardholders.

My last trip through ATL I seem to recall a very nice breakfast spread in a massive lounge (I believe it was Terminal B).
Old Apr 15, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
So the FAQ for centurion lounge access says the cardholder has to show a same day confirmed boarding pass but nothing mentioned about guest boarding passes. Do guests have to show/scan a boarding pass to get in?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
SEA and SLC are really really nice.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
SFO and SEA are lovely spaces. Food selection is respectable and the complimentary pour is serviceable. JFK is ok, but I find SFO and SEA much more comfortable (to the point of preferring the spaces over the AX lounges if relax time is important).
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vanillabean (Post # 256)
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls (Post # 257)
JFK T4 is a pretty sweet SkyClub.
Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post # 258)
Where are you planning to go?

I see we share SFO as a home airport. The DL lounge @ SFO is very serviceable here and maybe the best option if you are flying DL and/or don't have much time (ie. grab&go). . . .

My last trip through ATL I seem to recall a very nice breakfast spread in a massive lounge (I believe it was Terminal B).
Originally Posted by Kacee (Post # 260)
SEA and SLC are really really nice.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post # 261)
SFO and SEA are lovely spaces. Food selection is respectable and the complimentary pour is serviceable. JFK is ok, but I find SFO and SEA much more comfortable (to the point of preferring the spaces over the AX lounges if relax time is important).
I have enjoyed dozens of wonderful stays at the NRT SkyClub, most of them as a NW WorldClub prior to Sunday, 31 January 2010.

Great facilities, nice runway views, expansive food selection, automatic beer‐pouring machines, and very friendly, courteous & helpful staff.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
LAX Delta SkyClub Access with AMEX Platinum?

I'm considering getting the AMEX Platinum card instead of using the Delta Reserve card for Delta SkyClub access. When I go to the SkyClub page on delta.com to view access rules it asks you to choose how you are gaining access. If I select the AMEX Platinum card then LAX does not appear as one of the available SkyClubs. If I choose the Reserve Card LAX appears. When I go to the LAX SkyClub page it indicates access is given to Reserve cardholders. There is no mention of gaining access with an AMEX Platinum card.

So does the AMEX Platinum card provide access to the LAX SkyClub? And all other SkyClubs as well?

Note: I am specifically referring to the AMEX Platinum card and NOT the Delta AMEX Platinum card, which I know provides no complimentary SkyClub access.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:05 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Must just be a glitch; Amex Plat card members have access to all SkyClubs
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Must just be a glitch; Amex Plat card members have access to all SkyClubs
Thanks. I just counted the number of SkyClubs listed when selecting the different cards. There are 30 listed when selecting the Reserve card; 29 listed with the Platinum card. I guess only LAX is missing and that is an airport I fly to/from regularly.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by nycityny
Thanks. I just counted the number of SkyClubs listed when selecting the different cards. There are 30 listed when selecting the Reserve card; 29 listed with the Platinum card. I guess only LAX is missing and that is an airport I fly to/from regularly.
LAX is my home airport and I have never had any issues accessing the SkyClub there when flying Delta. I have the Amex Personal Platinum added as a payment method to my Skymiles account and they just scan my boarding pass on my phone and I am in.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Statman
LAX is my home airport and I have never had any issues accessing the SkyClub there when flying Delta. I have the Amex Personal Platinum added as a payment method to my Skymiles account and they just scan my boarding pass on my phone and I am in.
Thank you for your first-hand experience. That is also how it works with my Delta Reserve Amex card. JFK and LAX are the two airports I fly the most so was surprised that the Delta website omits LAX from AMEX Platinum access - glad to know it is a glitch.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:08 am

Do Platinum AU's get a guest into the Centurion clubs through Jan 2023 for free? I assume so, but can't find it published.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Do Platinum AU's get a guest into the Centurion clubs through Jan 2023 for free? I assume so, but can't find it published.
Yes, Platinum AU's get guesting privileges at CL's through 1/23.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by nycityny
I'm considering getting the AMEX Platinum card instead of using the Delta Reserve card for Delta SkyClub access. When I go to the SkyClub page on delta.com to view access rules it asks you to choose how you are gaining access. If I select the AMEX Platinum card then LAX does not appear as one of the available SkyClubs. If I choose the Reserve Card LAX appears. When I go to the LAX SkyClub page it indicates access is given to Reserve cardholders. There is no mention of gaining access with an AMEX Platinum card.
Seems like Amex Plat is a no-brainer v. Reserve as it includes many more lounges and it appears that you have to pay a per visit fee for any guests unless they have AU cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.