Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Boraxo
This thread is for discussion of lounges accessed by presenting the Centurion or Platinum Card.

Click HERE for discussion of the separate Priority Pass benefit.

All American Express Centurion and Platinum charge cards issued worldwide provide access to:
  • Delta SkyClubs when flying DL.
  • Airspace lounges when flying any airline. Current location: SAN.
  • US Escape Lounges when flying any airline. Current locations: BDL, GSP, MSP, OAK, ONT, PBI, PHX, PVD, RNO, SMF. (N.B. UK locations are accessible via Priority Pass.)
  • Most Plaza Premium lounges; Plaza Premium First lounges seem to be excluded.
  • AMEX Centurion Lounges when flying any airline. (Please do not use this thread to post about individual Centurion clubs. Use the dedicated thread for each location.)

Current Centurion Lounges:
  • DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
  • DEN Denver (2021)
  • HKG Hong Kong (2017)
  • IAH Houston (2016)
  • LAS Las Vegas (2013)
  • MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
  • LGA New York, La Guardia (2014)
  • PHL Philadelphia (2017)
  • PHX Phoenix (2020)
  • SFO San Francisco (2014)
  • SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

These additional locations are announced, but not yet open:
  • CLT Charlotte
  • LHR London, Heathrow
  • LAX Los Angeles----open now in TBIT
  • JFK New York, Kennedy---open now in T4

Current international locations: CGH, EZE, HKG, GDL, GIG, GRU, MEX, MTY

Cards issued in USA also include:
  • Priority Pass Select which includes most AS lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but no AA, DL or UA lounges. AS lounges exclude Priority Pass at peak periods.
  • $200 Airline Fee Credit which can be used to partially reimburse the cost of an AA, AS, DL or UA club membership.

Cards issued outside the USA include:
  • Priority Pass.
  • Access to other lounges or networks which vary by country.

Airspace lounge access includes spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, at no cost.
DL no longer accepts guests at no charge. Discussion here: Delta Skyclub-- no more free guest
Priority Pass access includes the cardholder plus two guests. Additional guests are $27 each per visit.
Escape lounges will admit AU cardholders who are minors traveling solo. Amex and DL explicitly prohibit minors from entering without adults, but YMMV.

Access to select Lufthansa Lounges When Flying Lufthansa: There does not seem to be a page announcing this, but if you go to the Lounge Finder here: https://www.americanexpress.com/idc/...llection.html/ and enter a German airoport (I know that FRA and MIC works) you get the listing. It basically bumps you up one lounge - so if you are travelling coach, you get access to the Business Class Lounge, if you are flying Business Class, you get the First Class (Senator) Lounge.

Print Wikipost

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, AFT, BB, UR

I'm surprised that LAX does not have a nice lounge since it is so big.

Flying from LAX-CLE-MCO

Will see if the Airspace Lounge in CLE is decent when I lay over for 2 hours.

anyone know of a free Lounge in MCO that Amex Plat can access ?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:51 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Liquidbee
I'm surprised that LAX does not have a nice lounge since it is so big.

Flying from LAX-CLE-MCO

Will see if the Airspace Lounge in CLE is decent when I lay over for 2 hours.

anyone know of a free Lounge in MCO that Amex Plat can access ?
There are only two lounges at MCO, a Delta lounge and a United lounge. If you are flying Delta (I assume not since Delta does not fly LAX-CLE-MCO) you would be able to access the Delta Sky Club with your Amex Platinum, but you won't be able to while flying other airlines. The Amex Platinum does not get you any access to the United Club.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Slightly OT, but did anyone else get the fancy Cent Lounge book in the mail this week?

It's quite nice, but honestly, I'd've been just as happy if Amex send me an eBook version of this thing and applied the $3-$5 it cost them to print and mail it as a statement credit...
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
Slightly OT, but did anyone else get the fancy Cent Lounge book in the mail this week?

It's quite nice, but honestly, I'd've been just as happy if Amex send me an eBook version of this thing and applied the $3-$5 it cost them to print and mail it as a statement credit...
I did, but trashed it
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:54 pm

first trip with an Amex platnium - 3 quick questions

Flying LGA->ATL and back this Friday. First trip as an Amex platnium.

1 - Will I be able to access the Centurion Lounge when I land at LGA in the evening. My wife is flying into LGA that evening as well, landing an hour after me so i'd love to spend that hour there if possible.

2 - Will I have access to any of the Delta lounges at ATL? Or must I be flying with Delta that day? (im a gold medallion on delta if that makes a difference)

3 - For the priority pass lounge in ATL do i just show my amex card? I have enrolled for priority pass select but dont have any sort of formal membership card or anything (may be irrelevant as i do not expect to have much time hanging out in ATL anyways).

Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:01 pm

1. Yes, assuming the lounge is open. They close at 8.

2. No, you have to fly Delta that day.

3. Priority Pass will mail you a card; Amex cards are not accepted unfortunately.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Yes, no and no, respectively.

Cent club access is at both flight ends. So DFW-LGA-DFW gets you 4 visits, e.g.

Delta access requires a same-day boarding pass.

Priority lounges require Priority enrollment (you actually have to do this) and the actual plastic Priority card. If there's a work-around for delayed cards, I'm not aware of it, but there may be one.

Last edited by FallenPlat; Jan 27, 2015 at 7:08 pm
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Try calling priority pass and getting your card number from them. Sometimes, the lounge dragons are nice enough to let you in with just the number and no physical card.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:04 am

Thanks everyone. Barring a weather delay I'm not expecting to have much time in ATL anyways, but this is def good information to have going forwards. I'll be on the lookout for the priority pass card.

Have a great day.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
To be clear, the Priority Pass card does NOT come automatically. You have to enroll even though it's free. There's a separate thread somewhere for new Plat card "to do" items such as this.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
There's a separate thread somewhere for new Plat card "to do" items such as this.
See here, and read the Wikipost at the top first:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-do-list.html
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:25 am

I just noticed on my return flight via delta TPE Taipei taiwan -> JFK there is no delta sky club lounge in Taiwan. They use China airlines lounge. Will I be able to get in with my Amex Platnium card?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by kemichu
I just noticed on my return flight via delta TPE Taipei taiwan -> JFK there is no delta sky club lounge in Taiwan. They use China airlines lounge. Will I be able to get in with my Amex Platnium card?
No-it's for DL SCs only. If you activated priority pass you will have access to the More Premium Lounges in T1 and T2

Also, no cross-posting (you posted the same thing in the DL forum)
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Delta access requires a same-day boarding pass.
Just clarifying on this, let's say I'm flying Delta RDU-JFK, can I still use the JFK Skyclub despite no onward travel?

Also, the fee for a lounge guest, can I pay it with a different card or does it have to go on the Amex Plat?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by CMK10
Just clarifying on this, let's say I'm flying Delta RDU-JFK, can I still use the JFK Skyclub despite no onward travel?
absolutely
Originally Posted by CMK10
Also, the fee for a lounge guest, can I pay it with a different card or does it have to go on the Amex Plat?
This one I have no idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.