Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Guide to the Escape Lounge / Lounges (US & UK)

Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gig103
Guide to the Escape Lounges (pay-per-use, USA and UK)

Link to Escape Lounges web page

There are several threads in this forum about specific lounges. Advanced search for titles only, results as threads, keyword escape.

Locations as of August 2019

USA LOUNGES

BDL - Bradley International Airport - Post Security near Gate 1.

GSP - Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport - airside in Concourse B.

MSP - Minneapolis Saint-Paul International Airport - Terminal 1 Mezzanine level, above the entrance to Concourse E.

OAK - Oakland International Airport - Terminal 1, across from Gate 9, between G ates 8 and 8A .

ONT - Ontario International Airport Terminal 2 -

ONT - Ontario International Airport Terminal 4 - past Gate 410, between Gates 410 and 411

PHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport Terminal 4 - Concourse B across from Gate B22

PVD - Providence International Airport -

RNO - Reno-Tahoe International Airport - Airside inside B-C connector.

SMF - Sacramento International Airport - Terminal A airside. After the Security Checkpoint, turn left; the lounge is located next to Gate A10.

SMF - Sacramento International Airport - Terminal B airside. After the Security Checkpoint, the lounge is located immediately on the left side.

Access: “We welcome passengers travelling on business or pleasure from any airline and any ticket class.” Escape Lounges are available for $45 per person access at the desk, $40 online advance purchase in the USA. Access limited to three hours. Some service items such as premium drinks may require additional fees. US locations are cashless only. Groups larger than six are only allowed by special arrangement.

Guests and children: Children aged 0-23 months permitted free of charge. Children aged 24 months and older pay the standard entry price.

American Express Platinum cardholders “receive complimentary access to all U.S. Escape Lounges, and may bring up to two guests. To enter the U.S. Escape Lounges, simply present your American Express Platinum Card, a same-day boarding pass and valid government issued I.D. to the front desk. U.S. Locations of Escape Lounge are part of the American Express Global Lounge Collection SM.” Link

Pets: No. Service Animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act only allowed.

UK LOUNGES

United Kingdom (Part of the American Express Global Lounge Collection via Priority Pass.)

EMA - East Midlands International Airport after the shopping area, opposite Gate 17.

MAN - Manchester International Airport Terminal 1 - Follow the signs for 'Premium Lounges' along the walkway just before 'Dixons‘ and take the stairs or elevator to the Executive Lounge level where the Escape lounge is located.

MAN - Manchester International Airport Terminal 2 - Turn left and pass 'Spinning Jenny' to the stairs located opposite Gate 209. Take the stairs up to where the lounge is located. Lift access is also available to the lounge opposite Gate 209.

MAN - Manchester International Airport Terminal 3 - Turn left, pass 'Dixons' and take the elevator or stairs on the left hand side to Level 3. The lounge is located before the main Duty Free Shops adjacent to the 'BA Executive Lounge'.

STN - Stansted International Airport - The entrance to the lounge is located between Coast to Coast and Pret A Manger in T1.

Access:

“We welcome passengers travelling on business or pleasure from any airline and any ticket class.” UK Lounges Ł30 at the door, Ł25 advance purchase. Access is limited to three hours. Some service items such as premium drinks may require additional fees. UK locations accept cash and credit cards.

“We welcome passengers travelling on business or pleasure from any airline and any ticket class. We also accept passengers from DragonPass, Diners Club, Holiday Extras, Lounge Pass, Lounge Club, Lounge Key and Priority Pass – with access to each of our airport lounges subject to availability on the day of arrival. Pre-booking using these cards is not possible.” Check with your lounge program for further information about access provided to Escape Lounges.

Note: In the UK only, you can request a loyalty card to be stamped upon access. Collect 7 stamps and we will send you a code to get your 8th visit absolutely free.
Guests and children: Children aged 0-23 months permitted free of charge. Children aged 24 months and older pay the standard entry price.

Opening Times “Our opening times are planned around typical flight times. We open bright and early with lounge time varying by location. Please check the individual lounge pages for details.” Link to lounge links page.

Monthly, annual memberships: not available at this time. See UK section for loyalty card information.

Amenities

Wi-Fi
Desk space
Web connected PCs
iPad tablets (US locations only)
Scanning and printing
Power charging points
Complimentary newspapers and magazines
Dedicated library area
Flight display monitor
Wide screen television with news programs

Food and beverages
Buffet with select hot and cold items ; breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner menus
Link to sample lunch menu
Wine including sparkling, beer, sodas, waters; mixed drinks available.
Link to sample beverages menu (PDF)

Showers: no. Lavatories may be outside of lounge space (airport public lavs)

Link to Escape Lounge FAQ
FlyerTalker Reviews of Escape Lounges

dhuey: I'm a regular at the OAK and MSP locations, and a big fan of both. The food offerings are exceptionally good, decent beverage choices, and the lounges are seldom overcrowded (though I hear OAK gets crowded before Norwegian flights.) The staffs at both are unusually friendly -- especially OAK. Part of what makes the OAK lounge so nice is how otherwise unpleasant OAK Terminal 1 is.

LegalTender: I've recently visited both BDL and PVD and was granted $30 entry with Priority Pass. Very nice lounges, particularly the food. Three-hour limit (they ask your flight number and confirm departure time). John Carlson is manager of both and is aware of the PP discount. Staffs are very welcoming.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Information transferred to Wikipost

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 10, 2019 at 5:17 pm
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Hi, fellow FlyerTalkers. I added this new guide thread about Escape Lounges today, added a Wikipost so the information can be edited and updated (by any signed in member with 90 posts and 90 days as a member).
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by JDiver
Hi, fellow FlyerTalkers. I added this new guide thread about Escape Lounges today, added a Wikipost so the information can be edited and updated (by any signed in member with 90 posts and 90 days as a member).
Great idea! I added a reviews section at the end of the wiki.
JDiver likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhuey
Great idea! I added a reviews section at the end of the wiki.
Cool! And I certainly agree with you about OAK, because all I want to do in that dark, dank, dusty concourse is Escape and escape.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Think this is a great thread; added that as the UK lounges all participate in Priority Pass, which for the time being remains part of the American Express Global Lounge Collection, so they're also on that list.

The team at OAK is great, but as a regular OAK-RNO commuter, I must say that the food is better in Reno. (For a while they actually had amazing sashimi believe it or not.)
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
I think a lot of us would like to write reviews - does it make sense to keep them in the Wiki note (which BTW is hard to read on mobile sometimes), or should we just convert this thread into a combo review + questions thread? I just wanna check before I write my reviews!
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:36 am

Any update on the Escape lounge being built at FLL Terminal 3?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Any update on the Escape lounge being built at FLL Terminal 3?
See this thread: Escape Lounge at FLL
Clipper801 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Hi,

Looking at the directions in the Priority Pass app, it looks the directions to the Escape Lounge at MAN T2 have changed. If correct, this would make sense - it's largely and brand new terminal. I'll see if they let me in, Sunday afternoon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.