Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K Flyer
Looked at our spending so far this year on the Amex Plat.

Had it been on the Amex Everyday Preferred we would have earned an extra 40k MR points. Caveats: we spend more than $6k on groceries (luckily they count Bevmo), and we always exceed 30 purchases.

Looked at going back to the MR Gold, but the same spend there would have only earned 22k MR points more than the Plat (that's including the 15k bonus which is going away).

Moving all of our daily spend to the Everyday Preferred but keeping the Plat for the other benefits.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:51 pm

Amazon prime ($99 value) is added as a new benefit on both cards as of today

https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...ards-learnmore

https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...ards-learnmore
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just one year as a sign-up bonus (not an ongoing benefit).

They should add it to Plat and maybe PRG as a real benefit. ShopRunner is just not doing it for me.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:48 pm

Got 25k points targeted offer for amex everyday card. Spend $2000 in 3 months. Better offer than 1yr amazon prime offer.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2a66lua.jpg
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
AMEX Blue to Amex EveryDay product change now possible

Hi all,

I went through several months of posts in this thread and didn't see any recent data points on doing a product change TO the EveryDay card (non-fee version).

I'm happy to report that it is now possible, at least from the Blue to the EveryDay non-fee version. I think this is a great option for those that want to be able to transfer MR points and also earn a little extra on the grocery shopping.

I've updated the WIKI to reflect this rather new development.

Feel free to add additional data points with other product(s) you were able to change to this card, etc.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
I'm seeing a number of reports of 25k offers for the regular EveryDay card. Has anyone received an attractive targeted offer for the EveryDay Preferred (ie better than 25k)? Also, any word on whether Amex would allow an immediate conversion from EveryDay to EDP? With the crackdown on bonuses, I want to make sure I get a good signup offer, but also want the Preferred version.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mh4ll
... whether Amex would allow an immediate conversion from EveryDay to EDP? .
Likely not. The C.A.R.D. Act prohibits increasing the annual fee of a card prior to the first anniversary. Most issuers, including American Express, have interpreted this to mean that a customer cannot change products in the first year, especially if it would increase the fee from $0 to $95.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
What exactly is the benefit of the PRG card over an every day card besides that there is no spending limit? I am really leaning towards dumping the PRG when the annual fee comes due next year for an everyday, because I really don't see the benefit of having it, especially now that the spending bonus is going away.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by zorbachs
What exactly is the benefit of the PRG card over an every day card besides that there is no spending limit? I am really leaning towards dumping the PRG when the annual fee comes due next year for an everyday, because I really don't see the benefit of having it, especially now that the spending bonus is going away.
Category bonus on flights, and uncapped 2x on groceries. But doesn't have the advantages on non-category spending that the everyday cards have
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zorbachs
I am leaning towards that too, but I'm waiting to see if they add benefits to replace the spending bonus.

The only way I could see the card being worthwhile is if you spend a lot of money on airline tickets bought directly from the airlines, and the airline that you use doesn't have a good rewards credit card. Eg, if you spend a ton with Southwest -- 3x MR pts is worth a lot more than 2x Southwest pts. You would really have to spend a lot on flights to make up for the annual fee though.

On the other hand, if you fly a lot with VX (like I do) the point bonus is kind of worthless, since 3x Elevate pts is worth much more than 3x MR pts, so I buy all my tickets on my VX card, not my amex.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I am leaning towards that too, but I'm waiting to see if they add benefits to replace the spending bonus.

The only way I could see the card being worthwhile is if you spend a lot of money on airline tickets bought directly from the airlines, and the airline that you use doesn't have a good rewards credit card. Eg, if you spend a ton with Southwest -- 3x MR pts is worth a lot more than 2x Southwest pts. You would really have to spend a lot on flights to make up for the annual fee though.

On the other hand, if you fly a lot with VX (like I do) the point bonus is kind of worthless, since 3x Elevate pts is worth much more than 3x MR pts, so I buy all my tickets on my VX card, not my amex.
So why not book on AMEX travel for 4X points?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The PRG does not give 4x pts at AmexTravel.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
The PRG does not give 4x pts at AmexTravel.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23417679-post168.html

See Mia's post on earning 4X points for booking airfare via amex travel.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you book through AmexTravel, is it actually billed by the airline and not by AmexTravel, though? Mia's post says "If the card transation is billed by the airline...."

So, under what circumstances is it billed by the airline?

(It's actually moot for me, because I'd rather have 3 Elevate pts than 4 MR pts, but at least it's close, and if I ever fly on any other airlines I'd rather have the MR pts)
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold

Right, I can see it maybe being worth it if you book using eligible flights, but otherwise, it is losing its value. I am going to wait until next year to decide and hopefully Amex will add some things to the card before then, but if it is still as it is now, it's going to be tough to justify the annual fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.