Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Applying for 2 or more AMEX cards on the same day.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by SMR57
I was automatically approved with no further action after the hold expired, but it looks like AMEX did two hard pulls - 5 days apart. Believe they should have combined them.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get one of the hard pulls removed from my credit report? Thanks in advance.
No. The hard pulls are combined by the credit bureau and not by Amex. Two pulls are combined only if they happen on the same day and by exactly the same entity. Some credit issuers (not Amex) use different names when doing hard pulls, so even though you apply for two cards from the same issuer on the same day, the two pulls might not combine. Now in your case, Amex decided to delay the pull for the second application for 5 days, so there is no way the two pulls will be combined. Don't waste your time calling Amex.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:24 am

Has any one been approved for THREE AMEX cards on the same day?
1 cc + 2 charge
or
3 charge?
Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by milaohu
Has any one been approved for THREE AMEX cards on the same day?
1 cc + 2 charge
or
3 charge?
Thanks!
Yes, in October 2015 I was instantly approved for 2 charge (Gold + Green 25,000K offers) and 1 Delta Platinum credit. All personal cards.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by justpetehere
Yes, in October 2015 I was instantly approved for 2 charge (Gold + Green 25,000K offers) and 1 Delta Platinum credit. All personal cards.
And did you get a F/R? Because I did, and they specifically said that I got F/R because I got 3 cards in such a short amount of time.
I also confirm that it's possible. Not trying to discourage anyone, but there is a real chance of F/R (probably depends on your history with Amex, my history is 7 years)
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johnnie198x
And did you get a F/R? Because I did, and they specifically said that I got F/R because I got 3 cards in such a short amount of time.
I also confirm that it's possible. Not trying to discourage anyone, but there is a real chance of F/R (probably depends on your history with Amex, my history is 7 years)
I didn't get a F/R. Have 10 years of history with them and had a Platinum card and 3 credit cards at the time of the application.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:57 pm
Suspended

I just got instantly approved for Premier Rewards Gold and then about 1/2 hour later I applied for Delta Gold. PRG was approved instantly online and the Delta went pending. I tried calling and the lady in India said that I have to call back tomorrow...any advice? I was sort of hoping these two could be combined into 1 pull but now that she's making me call back I'm not so sure it will happen like that.

I have an extremely high credit score. I've never had either of these cards before. Well, I have had the Delta Gold - but the business version and that has been closed out now for over a year. When I called AMEX last week and asked if I would have trouble getting the personal Delta Gold they told me that in my case - no. So I'm good...right?

Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I
I have an extremely high credit score. :
In which case you have no need to worry about an extra credit inquiry.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:33 pm
Suspended

But if I can avoid another hit, I'd just as soon avoid it.

They have me in a 5-day holding patter for "security" reasons. I should wait for 5 days and then call back. I guess they are thinking that I've applied for a million cards...
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:34 pm

2 Amex apps in 1 day?

I applied for the PRG this morning at about 2:00 am and got instantly approved. I figured since I got the hardpull already, why not take advantage and apply for the BCE or Everyday card and have them combine it since it would be in the same day.

Has anyone attempted this before?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:42 pm

No. Never.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-same-day.html
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Thanks for the response. I read that post earlier today, but then I found some other posts where folks have been successful at doing this. Im gonna assume they were BS'ing then right?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, AA Plat
I got 3 amex cards approved on the same day; Platinum, Business Gold, and Hilton Amex. None were instantly approved, but after a call in and a few days, they were all approved. I have had the blue cash, and personal SPG cards for a few years prior to this round of applications.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:44 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by space_
...assume they were BS'ing then right?
It might be more accurate to assume that there are exceptions because the policy is more complicated, and we don't know the complete algorithm used by the automated approval system. It often happens that one application is approved, and the other is deferred for five days. It sometimes happens differently.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by mia
It might be more accurate to assume that there are exceptions because the policy is more complicated, and we don't know the complete algorithm used by the automated approval system. It often happens that one application is approved, and the other is deferred for five days. It sometimes happens differently.

Gotcha, that does make sense. Im just trying to weigh the risk of of submitting the application for BCE in hopes of having it list on report neatly as 1 hardpull for both products, a kill 2 birds with one stone ideology.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I just got instantly approved for Premier Rewards Gold and then about 1/2 hour later I applied for Delta Gold. PRG was approved instantly online and the Delta went pending. I tried calling and the lady in India said that I have to call back tomorrow...any advice? I was sort of hoping these two could be combined into 1 pull but now that she's making me call back I'm not so sure it will happen like that.

I have an extremely high credit score. I've never had either of these cards before. Well, I have had the Delta Gold - but the business version and that has been closed out now for over a year. When I called AMEX last week and asked if I would have trouble getting the personal Delta Gold they told me that in my case - no. So I'm good...right?

SCORE! I got the doubleheader and it looks like only one hit (so far).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.