Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Applying for 2 or more AMEX cards on the same day.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:43 pm

applying two AMEX credit cards in a same day

Hi,

I applied for AMEX Everyday this morning for 30k sign up bonus offer. I was instantly approved. Then i was tempted to combine my hard pull together applying same day. I applied for AMEX SPG after 4 hours and got reference to call CSR. Calling CSR he told me that since i applied two cards on same day my application is on hold and will be processed automatically after 5 days.

However he was not able to tell weather it will be a new hard pull or same. Does any one know it will be two different hard pull of credit report ?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:45 pm

Welcome to FT ^

Yes it will be another hard pull on the date they process the SPG application.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Welcome to FT ^

Yes it will be another hard pull on the date they process the SPG application.
Thanks ! If i cancel my second application to avoid second hard pull, does it affect my future sign up bonus for same card ?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by lakhataria
Thanks ! If i cancel my second application to avoid second hard pull, does it affect my future sign up bonus for same card ?
No, it wouldn't have an affect. You can apply and get the bonus later.

You can ask AmEx new accounts [800-567-1083] if they can process your SPG application today but the chance of that happening is slim.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
No, it wouldn't have an affect. You can apply and get the bonus later.

You can ask AmEx new accounts [800-567-1083] if they can process your SPG application today but the chance of that happening is slim.
Thanks !! I called second time to cancel but this time CSR said she can process my application manually and she approved 2nd card as well. great customer service by Amex for sure !! seems they have way to manually process the on hold application.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:50 am

Hi,

I applied for AMEX Everyday this morning for 30k sign up bonus offer. I was instantly approved. Then i was tempted to combine my hard pull together applying same day. I applied for AMEX SPG after 4 hours and got reference to call CSR. Calling CSR he told me that since i applied two cards on same day my application is on hold and will be processed automatically after 5 days.

However he was not able to tell weather it will be a new hard pull or same. Does any one know it will be two different hard pull of credit report ?
Was that a targeted offer 30k for ED?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:23 am
Suspended

Hi,

You are describing exactly what I did and my results (with the 5 day hold). Only I applied for different AMEX cards than you. Still, that shouldn't matter. After it was all said and done, I only got one (1) hard hit. Don't listen to those that automatically say it will be 2 hard hits. There is a good chance it will be only one.

This question was already previously answered here in this thread.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:39 am

Thanks !! I called second time to cancel but this time CSR said she can process my application manually and she approved 2nd card as well. great customer service by Amex for sure !! seems they have way to manually process the on hold application.
Congrats. ^

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Don't listen to those that automatically say it will be 2 hard hits. There is a good chance it will be only one.
YMMV. For myself + the family members I "manage", this senario has always resulted in (2) hard pulls based on the date AmEx processed the application.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:47 pm

Hello,

I'm also trying to figure out how / when I should apply for two additional AmEx cards. I've had the Costco card for over 2 years and was approved for the SPG card on 3/25. I'm wanting a Citi AA Biz card too.

Which AmEx card should I apply for first? Should I wait 5-6 days on the next one, or do it same day?
  1. 4/22 A - Citi AAdvantage Business (50k points, $5k spend)
  2. 4/22 B - AmEx Premier Rewards Gold Card Personal (50k points, $1k spend)
  3. Same day or wait until 4/28? - AmEx Business Gold Rewards Card (75k points, $5k spend)
I've gotten several cards this year (none the prior 2 years) in this order:
2/23 Chase SW Premier
2/23 Chase SW Plus
3/25 Chase Sapphire Preferred
3/25 --Denied-- on Chase Ink Plus (my 4 Chase were apps too close together)
3/25 Citi AAdvantage Personal
3/25 AmEx SPG Personal

Am I likely to get approved for both of those AmEx cards? I'm not sure how hard they are to get...

My credit scores are 803/799 on CreditKarma, 777 on AmEx site, 802 on Discover site, and 803 on CapitalOne site. Thanks!

--Kyle
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by kyamnitz
Same day or wait until 4/28? - AmEx Business Gold Rewards Card (75k points, $5k spend)
Disregard my previous post. It turns out you have to login after getting this offer to display, and my account apparently doesn't qualify for this offer. So now I might just get the Everyday Preferred 30k offer.

Or I saw there's a referral opportunity for the Business Gold Rewards card, but that requires $8k in spend, which would be really tough to do on top of the other two...

I did get the Citi AA and AmEx Premier Gold Rewards card today though! Thanks,
--Kyle
Old Apr 23, 2016, 8:41 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Datapoint: Applied for the AMEX PGR instant approval, but the Everyday Preferred was denied. Both online, not sure if I should call for a recon. The 3x points on supermarket stuff is lucrative.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: DL ✈️
Anyone here has aplied for both the AmEx Hilton cards 75k and 100k bonuses?
Old May 3, 2016, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by tomasdev
Anyone ?
Old May 3, 2016, 8:52 am

Data Point!
4/22 I applied and was auto-approved for the AmEx Premier Rewards Gold card with 50k points / $1k spend.

More importantly:

Late in the day on 5/1 I applied for THREE AmEx cards (through referrals) and was approved for all three!
- AmEx Platinum 100k points / $3k spend - auto-approved.
- AmEx Everyday Preferred 30k points / $2k spend - said under review but right away I went to check the status and it said approved!
- AmEx HHonors 75k points / $1k spend - went pending and was approved by early morning!

3 cards, 1 day, should be 1 credit pull! Ant that's after a flurry of apps and new cards this year (Chase SW Plus, Chase SW Premier, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Plus that was declined, Citi AAdvantage, AmEx SPG, and Citi AAdvantage Biz).
--Kyle
Old May 3, 2016, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by tomasdev
Applied for my wife. 1 was auto-approved and other went into pending and got approved a week later. Didn't call any recons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.