Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Applying for 2 or more AMEX cards on the same day.

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by vickyforever08
Applied for my wife. 1 was auto-approved and other went into pending and got approved a week later. Didn't call any recons.
Was it 2 HPs or 1 ?
Old May 10, 2016, 12:59 pm

I applied for the Amex Plat 100k offer today and got approved. Looking to apply another Amex card to combine Hard pulls. Can I apply for either Green or EDP to combine hard pulls?
Old May 24, 2016, 1:24 pm

Applied for the 15k offer today after getting approval for a Surpass card and got pending for Everyday. Called and they said to wait 5 days and then call back. I think I remember there being some problem with applying for 2 revolving cards on the same day from Amex. Does anyone know if they will pull my credit again when I call back in 5 days? I only applied for card #2 today because I figured the pulls would be merged. Now that I see it's possible to get 30k points for the Everyday card I'm tempted to call and have them cancel the ED pending app. And also I don't want a 2nd pull in a few days.
Old May 24, 2016, 2:51 pm
Suspended

To respond to some of the questions:

I think if one takes the time to read through the thread, they will learn that pulls may be combined when one applies for more than one AMEX card on the same day. I've never heard of pulls being combined when applying on different days.

The five day wait is normal and in that case you should probably see only one hard hit. That was what happened to me also.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
To respond to some of the questions:

I think if one takes the time to read through the thread, they will learn that pulls may be combined when one applies for more than one AMEX card on the same day. I've never heard of pulls being combined when applying on different days.

The five day wait is normal and in that case you should probably see only one hard hit. That was what happened to me also.
Thanks Billy.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:33 pm
Suspended

can you apply for both personal and business [Delta] gold [credit] cards at the same time?

Last edited by mia; Jun 28, 2016 at 6:38 am Reason: Moved from Delta thread. Add context to clarify that both products are credit cards.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
can you apply for both personal and business gold cards at the same time?
Yes. But they won't decision at the same time. The 2nd card will be a few days after the first and on a second pull, typically.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
AMEX HHonors and Delta Gold

So I applied for both these cards in the same day, literally minutes apart.
The Hhonors (the one i really wanted) was approved immediately and the other as expected went to In progress. I know I have read plenty about there being a 5 day wait period.

Question is should I call on the second one or do I wait the 5 day and see if its approved? Five business days would be this thursday.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: lots of memberships, not much status
Originally Posted by briancw80
Yes. But they won't decision at the same time. The 2nd card will be a few days after the first and on a second pull, typically.
I second this. I've had this exact experience twice, and it only applies to amex credit (not charge) cards. Once when I applied for ED and SPG on same day, and just last week when I applied for the personal and business versions of the Delta Amex on the same day. In both situations, I was approved for both cards.

Next, I'm going to work on purchasing e-certs / delta gift cards for these statement credits. I did the dummy booking for the personal, so I have 100 there and 50 on the biz.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by tr00gle
I second this. I've had this exact experience twice, and it only applies to amex credit (not charge) cards. Once when I applied for ED and SPG on same day, and just last week when I applied for the personal and business versions of the Delta Amex on the same day. In both situations, I was approved for both cards.

Next, I'm going to work on purchasing e-certs / delta gift cards for these statement credits. I did the dummy booking for the personal, so I have 100 there and 50 on the biz.
Good to know I am waiting for my second app to either approve or deny lol I think my 5 business days would be this Thursday so I am trying to be patient and not cal, the good thing is that the week difference allowed me to almost compete my spend on the Hhonors card so I can have a fresh go at the Delta when it hopefuly gets approved and comes in.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 3:23 pm

Status update?

Originally Posted by miadukes
Good to know I am waiting for my second app to either approve or deny lol I think my 5 business days would be this Thursday so I am trying to be patient and not cal, the good thing is that the week difference allowed me to almost compete my spend on the Hhonors card so I can have a fresh go at the Delta when it hopefuly gets approved and comes in.
So what happened? Did you get approved; and if so, did it result in a second credit inquiry?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by essentielle
So what happened? Did you get approved; and if so, did it result in a second credit inquiry?
I was approved on day 4. however so far my Credit Karma has not shown a single inquiry so far. So not sure if they are pulling experian or what.

Or if it takes days extra, normally in the past, CK has shown them within a day or so.

I can report back when I wait a little longer.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
I was approved on day 4. however so far my Credit Karma has not shown a single inquiry so far. So not sure if they are pulling experian or what.

Or if it takes days extra, normally in the past, CK has shown them within a day or so.

I can report back when I wait a little longer.
You can try credit.com for EQ.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by essentielle
They pulled EX and I got 2 pulls, one on the 23 and one on the 29. So my two apps for revolver cards resulted in 2 hard pulls. FYI.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:43 pm

I was approved

I recently used two computers side by side. Pulled up an application for SPG Personal and Amex Platinum. Hit submit on both at the same time and both were instantly approved, no wait needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.