Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Applying for 2 or more AMEX cards on the same day.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Applied for BGR (RSVP offer) + Everyday AMEX cards yesterday. Both resulted in pending decisions and no credit inquiry was done. I am only an AU on AMEX. I called reconsideration line and they said everything looks normal. It just takes 7-10 days to process. 770+/high income. I find it strange that no credit inquiry was done with the first application. Any ideas what's going on?

UPDATE: Approved for both. Credit Inquiry done 5 days after application and approved right after.

Last edited by araknis; Nov 26, 2017 at 10:04 pm Reason: update
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Two AMEX business apps in one day?

I think I read that if I were to apply for two AMEX business apps in one day then it'll count as one hard pull? Is that true? I'm thinking of applying for the AMEX Business Bonvoy for the 100k offer and the AMEX Business Gold. Should I apply for the charge card first and then the credit card or what? Does it matter which order I go with?

Thx.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I think I read that if I were to apply for two AMEX business apps in one day then it'll count as one hard pull? Is that true? I'm thinking of applying for the AMEX Business Bonvoy for the 100k offer and the AMEX Business Gold. Should I apply for the charge card first and then the credit card or what? Does it matter which order I go with?

Thx.
I think if you already have an established relationship with Amex (ie, you already have one or more of their personal cards), that there's no credit inquiry for the business cards. At least they never did a hard inquiry on the 3 bureaus when I applied for the Business SPG card (now it's Bonvoy).
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luv2vacay
I think if you already have an established relationship with Amex (ie, you already have one or more of their personal cards), that there's no credit inquiry for the business cards. At least they never did a hard inquiry on the 3 bureaus when I applied for the Business SPG card (now it's Bonvoy).
Oh? Anyone else able to comment on this? I currently have the AMEX Personal Gold and the Blue Business Plus. I've been a member for about a year now.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Oh? Anyone else able to comment on this?....
Discussion is here:

No Initial Hard Credit Pull for Existing Amex Cardholders?

There is no way to know, in advance, if American Express will or will not use a hard inquiry to process your application. They may rely on the soft inquiries which they perform routinely, but I suppose it depends on what they have seen on your reports, how you have used your cards, etc.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Can one apply for 2 amex business cards (Business Gold & SPG business) the same day? If so, will the two inquiries be combined? Thanks
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Should I apply for the SPG business first since it's a credit card and then after that, apply for the Business Gold since it's a charge card?
Old May 9, 2019, 11:43 am

Applied for both Blue Cash Preferred and Hilton Aspire Card within 1 minute, both instantly approved.
robchow likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Possible to apply for two AMEX credit cards same day?

Anyone here in the past 6 months successful done this? Really interested in both the Hilton Aspire and Bonvoy Brilliant.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 12:13 am

Anyone here in the past 6 months successful done this? Really interested in both the Hilton Aspire and Bonvoy Brilliant.
its always YMMV. app the most important one first. otherwise, only do 1 credit / 1 charge or 2 charge. 2 credit same day is usually rejected.

also responded to your other post about chase (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33143189-post2.html)

Last edited by GundamWing01; Apr 1, 2021 at 3:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.