Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Applying for 2 or more AMEX cards on the same day.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2016, 7:35 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks
... SPG Personal and Amex Platinum.
Thank you. Platinum is a charge card, and we have some previous reports that American Express will approve a charge card in addition to a credit card without the five day delay.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:55 am

rumors indicate that amex spg offer will return again late Sep. i m thinking of applying for that (the biz version), but also want to apply for the amex HHonors Surpass 100K card as i need HHonors points for an upcoming trip. reddit thread has indicated that folks are still getting this 100K HH bonus using referral link

both of the above are credit cards, and based on DP, it looks like it is possible to only have 1 HP if you apply both in the same day (even though they may not get approved on the same day, but 5 days apart), correct?

any recent experience?

Last edited by gnomey; Aug 31, 2016 at 2:02 am
Old Aug 31, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
both of the above are credit cards, and based on DP, it looks like it is possible to only have 1 HP if you apply both in the same day (even though they may not get approved on the same day, but 5 days apart), correct?

any recent experience?
Sometimes this is the case, and sometimes they will do another pull when they process the second app 5 days later. They combined mine last time, but there's no way to know what they'll do in your case.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Sometimes this is the case, and sometimes they will do another pull when they process the second app 5 days later. They combined mine last time, but there's no way to know what they'll do in your case.
great. thanks for sharing your experience
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:42 am

great. thanks for sharing your experience
Turns out they pulled again a few days later. I just signed up for Experian's free monthly credit reports.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:37 pm

Turns out they pulled again a few days later. I just signed up for Experian's free monthly credit reports.
urgh. it would be dreadful to have 2 Experian pulls

have you tried the technique of freezing Experian credit report? i heard Amex is quite insistent on pulling Experian even if you freeze, but i am kinda sick of every bank pulling Experian (and i already have so many inquiries)

i m considering freezing Experian, then apply for 2 Amex CCs per day. i am guessing i am unlikely to receive auto-approval, but was hoping when i call in , they can pull TU instead (which nobody ever pulls from)
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:01 pm

urgh. it would be dreadful to have 2 Experian pulls

have you tried the technique of freezing Experian credit report? i heard Amex is quite insistent on pulling Experian even if you freeze, but i am kinda sick of every bank pulling Experian (and i already have so many inquiries)

i m considering freezing Experian, then apply for 2 Amex CCs per day. i am guessing i am unlikely to receive auto-approval, but was hoping when i call in , they can pull TU instead (which nobody ever pulls from)
I wish you luck but Amex is known to flat out deny an app if they can't pull the desired CB which in 99% of the time is EX

The good thing about Amex is the 2 for 1 HP deal which isn't always but I've had great success with it twice
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by itsmj
I wish you luck but Amex is known to flat out deny an app if they can't pull the desired CB which in 99% of the time is EX

The good thing about Amex is the 2 for 1 HP deal which isn't always but I've had great success with it twice
i see. and the other good thing abt Amex is that they are not sensitive to the # inquiries, right? bc Citi has been quite fussy with it and i was denied bc of that. thinking of recon now and at the same time puzzled why other folks can get Citi CCs so easily (and i m pretty sure they have a high number of inquiries as well)
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:56 pm

i see. and the other good thing abt Amex is that they are not sensitive to the # inquiries, right? bc Citi has been quite fussy with it and i was denied bc of that. thinking of recon now and at the same time puzzled why other folks can get Citi CCs so easily (and i m pretty sure they have a high number of inquiries as well)
How many EX inquiries do you have right now?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 5:15 pm

How many EX inquiries do you have right now?
7 in last 6 months

i might have to start cooling off applications for a while after getting the SPG Biz (and hopefully Hilton). was thinking of buying a car about 2 yrs from now.

really need Hilton points (140K) for upcoming travel in 6 months - was thinking abt getting the Citi Hilton Visa 75K and Amex Hilton Surpass 100K but Citi rejected me for too many inquiries. and of course they have to pull Exp which dooms me. i am now trying to recon (to no avail) - probably have to start writing letter to Exec Office.

but then again, i dont think Amex would give me SPG Biz, Hilton 100K and Hilton 75K... all 3 CCs in one-go.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:31 pm

7 in last 6 months

i might have to start cooling off applications for a while after getting the SPG Biz (and hopefully Hilton). was thinking of buying a car about 2 yrs from now.

really need Hilton points (140K) for upcoming travel in 6 months - was thinking abt getting the Citi Hilton Visa 75K and Amex Hilton Surpass 100K but Citi rejected me for too many inquiries. and of course they have to pull Exp which dooms me. i am now trying to recon (to no avail) - probably have to start writing letter to Exec Office.

but then again, i dont think Amex would give me SPG Biz, Hilton 100K and Hilton 75K... all 3 CCs in one-go.
Yowsa, and I thought my 7 EX inquiries was a lot!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:49 am

7 in last 6 months

Inquiries didn't make a difference when I bought a car (about the same amount as you). They might for a mortgage though.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by corpgator
Inquiries didn't make a difference when I bought a car (about the same amount as you). They might for a mortgage though.
Is inquiries and open account doesn't matter as much for car loans ?

That's good to know then. Thank god I already own a home
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA, SW, US, DL
What do you think of applying for the ED (private browsing 15k) and DL (50k + $50 targeted offer) from 2 browsers the same day? I have to get the ED to replace a PRG whose AF should post any day now. Any data points on combining HPs with an AMEX branded card (DL)?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Those are both credit cards. If you scroll back to around post 97 and read forward you will see that submitting two credit card applications most often results in one approval, one deferral and two inquiries. Applying for one credit card and one charge card may result in simultaneous approval.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.