Wiki Posts
Search

Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 6:44 pm

do you have the link for 25K?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
the term "first time" seems to apply only to platinum card. i got the amex gold card and received sign up bonus. then i got the amex platinum card and received sign up bonus again. i was even able to upgrade to 100.000 points on the platinum card with a short call to membership rewards hotline.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by flltravel
There is no active link for 100k points offer. You have to apply for 25000 points/ $1000 spend offer online and then once you get the card and activate it, you can call Membership rewards to get additional 75000 points by saying when you applied another offer was available giving 100k points for $1000 spending. If necessary, give them bonus code 5748.
If representative declines, call back.

(It might be better to call after spending $1000.)
flltravel is right on all accounts. As an additional data point, I've had success with getting the proper offer code "applied/noted" on my account BEFORE activating the cards. Although I would have already taken the inquiry hit for applying, at least I still had the option of not being slammed with the annual fee before knowing which offer I was getting. I did this with both the PRGold and the Plat card.

By the way, when I called in (prior to activation) on 6/6, the 100k/$1000 offer was coded #5890. Good Luck!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Got my card today

Just got my card today. I activated it and then called Membership Rewards to apply code 5748. They mentioned that because I still haven't spent $1000 just yet, but they will note code 5748 to my account. They said I need to call back after I spent and paid $1,000 within 3 months and ask for the code to be applied. Anyone else experience the same thing? Should I call back?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 5:40 am

I applied and got approved today...I called to see what promotional was associated with my account and was told 25K/1K spend...will call back when it comes.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Wow - so easy!

Just called MR and did the same thing as everyone else here. I have been so nervous to call since I secure emailed about a month ago and got rejected in the response. So I really thought they were going to tell me NO again. But really, it couldn't have been easier. The add'l 50000 points are already in my account!!

I am going to get a Plat card for my husband tonight. Then hopefully he too will be able to get the 100,000 MR points after the $1k spend!

Really, after the $200 airline discount x 2, plus the global entry reimbursement, and the 150000 BA miles per person, this card is a money maker!!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, Honors Gold, SPG Gold
Just called MR and asked to get the 100K points. I signed up for the Plat card last october and received no bonus points at that time. The rep was very nice (and somewhat sympathetic that I got 0 points when I signed up). 5 mins later I had 100K extra MR points in my account. Thanks to Amex and FT!!! :-:
Old Jun 9, 2011, 2:27 pm

What number are you guys using in order to get credited the 100k MR points? I've used the one on the back of the card and went to a representative and got nothing. She flat out said she couldn't change the promotion I signed up for; which I know is wrong considering I signed up for the 25k promo and then got them to change me to the 50k promo (before seeing this thread of course) through a secure message. Maybe they see that and that's why they won't move me up to the 100k promo?

Thanks,

Rob
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, Honors Gold, SPG Gold
Rob, I used code 3882. Good luck.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by blase
Really, after the $200 airline discount x 2, plus the global entry reimbursement, and the 150000 BA miles per person, this card is a money maker!!
FYI, another possibility to consider... the Delta +50% +25k MQMs offer is back on the table. (LINK)
Old Jun 10, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion
I received the 100k too!

My question now is what to do with the extra 50k MR points? I used the initial 50k for the Delta bonus and received Silver Medallion. First time making any status! I'm new to this game, but want to jump in with all I've got. Been reading a lot on here and learning a ton. I'm just afraid I'm gonna use the 50k and not get the most bang for my points!

Data points...I fly out of CVG. Unfortunately the most flights out of there seem to be Delta. I know they have the worst Award Travel, but it seems it is still my best bet. I do have the AA mils from the 2 Citi cards, but not many AA flights are direct. I'm not opposed to layovers, but it seems it's actually harder to book AA from Cincy than Delta. What am I missing?

Oh and my travel is domestic, not international. Typically NYC, LA, Vegas or anywhere in Florida with the family.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: *S, UA, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz, Avis, Amex Plat
Help for newbie

I just called Amex for applying for Plat card. I told them that my assumption is, if I apply for the card, I'll be getting 25k reward points for $1K I spend in first 3 months? The CSR said no. You need a RSVP code for that. I told him that "I thought it was standard. I would need a RSVP code if I wanted to get more than 25k points." But he said nope. What should I do? Is there a code for that?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion
Apply anyway and call back. Every CSR is different. I had to call 3x before I got the 100k! Definitely worth trying again. Call the MMR line.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: *S, UA, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz, Avis, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 2pills
Apply anyway and call back. Every CSR is different. I had to call 3x before I got the 100k! Definitely worth trying again. Call the MMR line.
I called twice, but they're like - We need a code for 25k/$1K MRs.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tintin_007
...need a RSVP code for that. I told him that "I thought it was standard...
It's true that today americanexpress.com is not offering any bonus for the Platinum Card, and when I find offers on other sites the [Apply] button leads to this screen:

We apologize that the offer you are looking for may no longer be available.
Click here to learn more and apply for the current offer.
This is likely to change if you are patient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.