Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
it's been 24 hours and no reply to my SM...

i thought they had support 24/7?

for those of you that called, what did you say? I got the card back in March...and already transferred out my 50k original points.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by ianturner
it's been 24 hours and no reply to my SM...

i thought they had support 24/7?
It's been 24+ hours for me, too, since I emailed them, even though their email says that they will respond within 10 hours. At least I know it isn't just me!
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:10 pm

This is satisfactory to me, even though I have to wait till July 11.
Dear Michael,

Yes, the bonus ID 3882 gives you 100,000 bonus points by spending $1,000 in three months of having the Card. This is the bonus ID promised to you and is notated on your account notes.

You met the spend eligibility on May 11, 2011. Please allow until July 11, 2011 for the promised bonus points to get automatically credited to your account. If at that time you do not see them, write back to us. We will manually issue them to your account.

I hope this is to your satisfaction. Have a great and safe July 4th!
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by majsmom
Congrats on the 100K miles. If you don't mind answering, what exactly is umpteenth time? I am seriously considering applying and wondering how many tries it took. I don't mind trying as many times as it takes!!

Thanks.

Irene
Hi Irene,
I contacted them 5 times total. I politely cut off the conversation once they said no. Called once a day.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Hi Irene,
I contacted them 5 times total. I politely cut off the conversation once they said no. Called once a day.
what are you saying though? just asking them to add the offer code to your account?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:00 am

what are you saying though? just asking them to add the offer code to your account?
I asked them to match that offer. Some CSR chose to add the offer code to the account, some chose to give you the points right away.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:51 am

going on 48 hours without a reply to my secure message...wonder whats going on
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:19 am

going on 48 hours without a reply to my secure message...wonder whats going on
You're not alone. I was just getting ready to post that it's been nearly 48 hours for me as well. Very strange.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:36 pm

just got this reply, so i called in and talked to a very helpful agent who manually applied the points for me ^
I appreciate your interest in the bonus ID 5748 offer for 100,000 bonus points.

I would like to inform you that this offer was sent to a limited number of non Cardmembers only by solicitation.

Since your account was not solicited for this offer, I'm afraid we are unable to honor this promotional offer to you.

I understand that this may be disappointing to you, but because many of our offers are targeted to specific types of Cardmembers, you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Last edited by apolloms; Jun 27, 2011 at 12:52 pm
Old Jun 27, 2011, 1:48 pm

just got this reply, so i called in and talked to a very helpful agent who manually applied the points for me ^
Funny, I just got a response to my SM (48+ hours later), and they gladly applied the additional 75,000 points. Go figure.

Only at Amex--and sometimes (not usually) Chase--are agents actually empowered to do things like this. I am a very happy Amex customer, and will continue to use them and recommend them for years to come.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Dont send emails.. they go to offshore people who usually have standard replies. Call during US business hours and ask to speak to Membership rewards. They will help you. Dont email or call during evenings, nights, weekends, etc.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Received the card last week on Saturday... put $2K+ on charges... emailed 2 days ago... got my 100,000 points (25,000 initial plus 75,000 bump) posted today. Very happy about the great/fast response. I'll be happy for a while
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I received the card last week, activated it this morning, and called membership rewards immediately to ask for bonus 3882 to be applied to my account. The CSR checked something for a minute or two, and came back and said that the 100,000 points would post immediately upon reaching the $1000 spending threshold. I asked if I would have to pay off the account before posting of the points, and he said no it should post automatically.

I have a supplemental platinum card with my dad as the Basic card holder, and I called the CSR from HK at about 9:45 pm EST...all leading me to think that AMEX is being quite liberal in handing out the bonus to anyone who asks for it. Just keep trying if it hasn't worked! Calling in my experience works better than secure messaging ^

Will keep the board updated once points are posted...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:09 am

Programs: All of em...
Has anybody had success in getting the pers AMEX PR Gold charge card (75K) and then the Platinum just short after??

I was approved for the AMEX PR Gold (25k) and got the bonus bumped to 75k just this week.

I'm considering going for the Platinum ASAP as well to try and get 175,000 MR points to take advantage of the Delta & BA 50% transfer bonuses!! 150k Skymiles + Silver status, and 112,500 BA miles from 2 credit cards is a KILLER DEAL!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Has anybody had success in getting the pers AMEX PR Gold charge card (75K) and then the Platinum just short after??

I was approved for the AMEX PR Gold (25k) and got the bonus bumped to 75k just this week.

I'm considering going for the Platinum ASAP as well to try and get 175,000 MR points to take advantage of the Delta & BA 50% transfer bonuses!! 150k Skymiles + Silver status, and 112,500 BA miles from 2 credit cards is a KILLER DEAL!
I was approved for the AMEX PR Gold and bumped up to 75k bonus by calling them. The 75k points have posted to my account.

I was approved on the phone this morning for offer 3882 (the topic of this thread) and told the points will post when I meet the spend threshold of $1000 within 3 months.

So to answer your question - yes, but the 100k Plat offer is merely approved; the points have yet to post. But all signs are pointing to 175k MR points through these two offers ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.