Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:14 am

Anyone have success with getting the 100k on a new application the first time calling?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: *S, UA, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz, Avis, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
It's true that today americanexpress.com is not offering any bonus for the Platinum Card, and when I find offers on other sites the [Apply] button leads to this screen:

This is likely to change if you are patient.
Thanks! I'll wait and watch.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
How long after the $1000 bill was paid did it take for the 100k points to post?
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Tried calling a few weeks back multiple times, and got shot down

i kind of gave up, and then today decided to try it again

on the first try, i called the membership rewards number, gave them 5748, was on hold for 10 minutes, and they came back and posted an additional 50k
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: US G, AA G, HHonors Silver
Big thank you to FT and to AMEX. Had gotten my card in January - saw that people on FT were still able to get the extra points this month - called today and had my extra 50k points in 5 minutes. This is the type of move on AMEX's part that really builds customer loyalty.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 1:28 pm

Add Content
Old Jun 11, 2011, 1:51 pm

Got addtl 50k points

A friend told me about the 5748 code and I called them and inquired about getting addtl points on top of the 50k they already posted on my acct. Csr said the 100k was a targeted offer. I then told the rep that a friend got the offer and gave her the 5748 code. She put me on hold for about minute and when she came back on she told me she posted the addtl 50k points on the acct. I checked my acct when I got off the phone the points were there! glad I called. I wasn't even considering getting the addtl points.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Just called in. Was told the additional points will post in 6 - 8 weeks. Will call back then and post an update.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Weird Story

I, too, received 100K bonus, but it was kinda weird.

I met my original spend requirement back in the mid Feb, but did not receive anything by the mid May. So one week later I called the CSR and gave her those two codes from this thread. She told me everything seemed OK and promised to call within 24 hours.

A week goes by with no calls and no points, so I call them again, and the CSR claims they've tried to reach me in order to verify my address. Fair enough, I verify the address and get the promise of another call within 48 hours.

Three days later I receive an email from Amex asking me if I was happy with their Customer Service. At this point I'm quite pissed because I'm getting no points at all, so I'm rating their CS as low as I can and select a choice for Amex Executive Office to contact me.

Another 2-3 days she calls. I explain the situation and complain that I'm not getting any points at all, including those I'm absolutely eligible for. She promises to investigate. At this point I feel I would be totally happy with just my 50K.

A few hours later she calls back and informs that the original deal was 25K points after $5K spent, and since I had never met that requirement I would not be getting any points at all. At this point I'm starting to boil and vent out my disapointment. I advice her that I have a printout of the 50K offer, and that I have never had such unpleasant experience with AMEX before. She's apologetic, but insists that 50K points is a lot of value, and that there is nothing she could do without hard evidence. She reminds me that they already gave me 75K points for a business gold car last year, and there is no considerable spend on it, which is also true for my Amex Plat. To my question how it is relevant to the issue at hand, she agrees it isn't and asks me to fax the offer. I tell her I will upon my return from the trip (was flying to Lima on that day).

Came back on the 8th and checked my points. Nothing. Next day, as I'm preparing the fax, I decide to check again - and lo and behold - the points are there, all 100,000 of them!

While I'm grateful to Amex for their generosity, I could do without so much hassle. On the other hand... YAHOO!!!

Last edited by mnscout; Jun 11, 2011 at 3:46 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
OK, I mentioned upthread that I was going to sign up my hubby for a Platinum card of his own. But am I correct in that there are no current sign-up bonuses available? Like, not even a 25k bonus link?

I don't want to sign him up for an offer that provides NO points and then ask for 100,000 points later on.... has anyone done this successfully?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt
Originally Posted by piyush
Just called in. Was told the additional points will post in 6 - 8 weeks. Will call back then and post an update.
I got the same response. I got the 50k at application. Once those posted, I called to try for 100k. They "researched" it and based on the code I gave, indicated that I should get the balance "6-8 weeks" later. Annotated the account apparently too. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
Has anyone in Canada been successful in getting any MR points bonuses on a Corporate Platinum card?

I've called Amex Canada twice and no dice, they both said they've never heard of any bonuses like that on a corporate platinum. Should I call MR specifically (if it's even a different group?) Any suggestions?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:35 pm

Alright, I signed my husband up for the 25k Gold offer and the 25k Plat offer both at the same time, and both were approved. The interesting thing was that the 25k link said I would only receive 10k "after first purchase," but the 25k PLAT link said I would receive 50k after $1000 in spend!! So who knows what we'll actually get!

Oh well, we'll complete $1000 spend on both cards and then make the calls! Hopefully DH will have 175,000 MR points before we know it!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by blase
Alright, I signed my husband up for the 25k Gold offer and the 25k Plat offer both at the same time, and both were approved. The interesting thing was that the 25k link said I would only receive 10k "after first purchase," but the 25k PLAT link said I would receive 50k after $1000 in spend!! So who knows what we'll actually get!

Oh well, we'll complete $1000 spend on both cards and then make the calls! Hopefully DH will have 175,000 MR points before we know it!
Where did you find the Platinum link and what is it? Was the annual fee waived?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by swat16
Where did you find the Platinum link and what is it? Was the annual fee waived?
Have never seen a Plat fee waived before... but like I said upthread, this card pratically pays for itself (or is even a money maker!) when you figure out the value of all of the other benefits. It only stinks that you have to pay the $450 upfront!!

Here was the link that I used. It says 25,000 pts on the first page, but when I got to the 'submit' page, it said 50,000 pts after $1000 in spend.
https://www304.americanexpress.com/p.../0/0/n/?from=2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.