Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Terminal 4 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Located within the Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club

Link to LAX information on aa.com.
Link to LAX web site.

NOTE: The Flagship Lounge reopened December 2017, as part of the extensive renovations at the LAX Club and Lounge, including expanding food offerings. The Flagship Lounge is now a First and Business class lounge. Inside the Flagship Lounge is a Flagship First Dining room. Flagship First Dining is restricted to those in Flagship First class on qualifying flights that also sell business class.

Airside, after security, across from Gate 40. Enter through the Admirals Club admit desk, request Flagship Lounge key card if qualified but not offered. Take lift / elevator to Club lobby. (NB: You should be given a black card to get in,.)

Opening hours
See here for hours.

Access rules
  • Traveling First or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated qualifying international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying or international segment
  • Traveling First or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK/BOS-LAX/SFO) . Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment
  • An American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, or Platinum customer departing on or connecting to a qualifying international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline, regardless of cabin flown
  • A oneworld First or Business Class international* customer departing on or connecting to a oneworld marketed and operated flight
  • A oneworld Emerald or Sapphire customer** departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary
*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Central and South America and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from this benefit

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean. OneWorld Emerald and Sapphire members who achieved status via frequent flyer programs other than American Airlines do qualify for access even when traveling on solely North American itineraries.

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access
Qualifying oneworld Emerald and Sapphire, First Class and Business passengers are allowed one guest. Admirals Club membership alone grants no access.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary computers with Internet serviceComplimentary WiFi Internet access
  • Complimentary wireless Hotspot printing
  • Complimentary self-service extended snacks and "distinctive meal" service
  • Complimentary premium liquor, beer and wine
  • Complimentary dining area (for buffet users)
  • Complimentary Bose® music / relax area with reclining seats
  • Complimentary flat screen televisions
  • Complimentary shower suites with high-end toiletries
Miscellaneous
You can now travel between the American Airlines and Legacy US Airways terminals without leaving Security via a shuttle service. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes between 5:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., with stops at Terminal 6 (Gate 65A) and Terminal 4 (down escalator by Gate 44) - or take a 10-minute walk via the connecting tunnel.

An airside shuttle bus runs from 4:00 PM from the shuttle bus terminal (down the escalator by Gate 44) to the Tom Bradley International Terminal , strictly for passengers with boarding passes departing TBIT on Qantas.

Yet another shuttle bus from ground level by Gate 44 connects to the Remote (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club.
  • For LAX Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club, please refer to this thread
  • For the "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club in the remote American Eagle terminal see here.
  • For the Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge, see here.
For archived older posts see: ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)
Print Wikipost

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Terminal 4 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
back at the FL in LAX. Champagne still inferior and incorrectly cooled. Just a data point.
zpaul likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: American Airlines ExecPlat, Asiana Diamond
Today the lounge at T4 was completely closed, got there at 10PM. Since i’m flying international, I went to Qantas First and asked. Apparently they are switching up supplier contracts today, so some new company is coming in to stock the lounges, I assume?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Rukes
Today the lounge at T4 was completely closed, got there at 10PM. Since i’m flying international, I went to Qantas First and asked. Apparently they are switching up supplier contracts today, so some new company is coming in to stock the lounges, I assume?
I was told that it was closed for cleaning. Bit of a bummer as I was connecting from LHR-LAX in F and had FFD access, but I was given a FFD credit for a future trip which was appreciated.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
it seems like LAX-BOS J and F passengers on a 3 class 321 are getting Flagship Lounge Access (but it's not written in the access rules). Any thoughts on LAX-MIA 3 class being treated the same? It's starting up the first Friday in May.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
redacted

Last edited by anabolism; Apr 28, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I hadn’t heard that they are moving all frequencies Lax-Bos to 3 class. From what I understand, There won’t be too much difference between an A321 two class post oasis and a 737 post oasis.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
The press release states that J/F passengers on LAX-BOS 321T flights receive Flagship Lounge access (including Flagship First Dining for F) in LAX. There are two flights operated by the 321T.
Newsroom - American Airlines Introduces Premium A321T Aircraft to Transcontinental Service Between Los Angeles and Boston - American Airlines Group, Inc.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
The press release states that J/F passengers on LAX-BOS 321T flights receive Flagship Lounge access (including Flagship First Dining for F) in LAX. There are two flights operated by the 321T.
Newsroom - American Airlines Introduces Premium A321T Aircraft to Transcontinental Service Between Los Angeles and Boston - American Airlines Group, Inc.
Yes, but nothing in the Flagship Rules. And A321T is not used on AA.com's booking page to describe the planes. There are two 32Bs, one 321 and one 738 tomorrow.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Yes, but nothing in the Flagship Rules. And A321T is not used on AA.com's booking page to describe the planes. There are two 32Bs, one 321 and one 738 tomorrow.
AA.com never uses “321T” (but rather the ubiquitous 32B) to indicate premium transcontinental planes, even for SFO/LAX-JFK. You can tell, though, if there are 3 classes (rather than 2) being sold. You probably can also tell in general by the difference in price for the two flights operated by the A321T.

Not sure why AA hasn’t updated the lounge rules (the change in equipment started earlier this month), but I am fairly confident that those on the A321T on LAX-BOS will get access.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

AA.com never uses “321T” (but rather the ubiquitous 32B) to indicate premium transcontinental planes, even for SFO/LAX-JFK. You can tell, though, if there are 3 classes (rather than 2) being sold. You probably can also tell in general by the difference in price for the two flights operated by the A321T.

Not sure why AA hasn’t updated the lounge rules (the change in equipment started earlier this month), but I am fairly confident that those on the A321T on LAX-BOS will get access.
Per your own post, it's pretty clear that those flying the BOS-LAX will have access

From press release:

"Customers at BOS traveling in Flagship First or Flagship Business will have access to the newly renovated Admirals Club, which re-opens in early 2019 after an ongoing colocation project is completed. This will move all American flights to the same terminal with one ticket counter and one baggage claim, and with all gates in the same area, for a seamless customer experience in Terminal B. At LAX, customers flying in Flagship First have exclusive access to the most premium experience, including Flagship First Check-In — a private, dedicated VIP check-in facility — the Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining in Terminal 4. Flagship First Dining offers customers an elevated sit-down meal with regionally inspired dishes and locally sourced ingredients including the Flagship Burger, which was called the “best airport burger” by Travel + Leisure. Flagship Business customers enjoy the best amenities and services in the Flagship Lounge at LAX with a range of options, including a robust food offering and a chef action station with fresh, made-to-order dishes, along with the ability to pair meals with premium wine, champagne and spirits or a refreshing drink from the build-your-own-cocktail station."
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Per your own post, it's pretty clear that those flying the BOS-LAX will have access

From press release:

"Customers at BOS traveling in Flagship First or Flagship Business will have access to the newly renovated Admirals Club, which re-opens in early 2019 after an ongoing colocation project is completed. This will move all American flights to the same terminal with one ticket counter and one baggage claim, and with all gates in the same area, for a seamless customer experience in Terminal B. At LAX, customers flying in Flagship First have exclusive access to the most premium experience, including Flagship First Check-In — a private, dedicated VIP check-in facility — the Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining in Terminal 4. Flagship First Dining offers customers an elevated sit-down meal with regionally inspired dishes and locally sourced ingredients including the Flagship Burger, which was called the “best airport burger” by Travel + Leisure. Flagship Business customers enjoy the best amenities and services in the Flagship Lounge at LAX with a range of options, including a robust food offering and a chef action station with fresh, made-to-order dishes, along with the ability to pair meals with premium wine, champagne and spirits or a refreshing drink from the build-your-own-cocktail station."
So something in print for BOS-LAX beyond the press release is here, listing BOS-LAX as Flagship Business. (Isn't clear that 321 2 class is not Flagship). Nothing about LAX-MIA on 3 class, even though it used to be Flagship before the swapped to a 772.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ontinental.jsp
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Nothing about LAX-MIA on 3 class, even though it used to be Flagship before the swapped to a 772.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ontinental.jsp
When was LAX-MIA considered Flagship? I flew it on a 772 last year in J, and the menu said "Flagship First," but AA said it was a misprint, wasn't Flagship, and no FL access.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:07 pm

The 762 is relatively recent; it was a 77W before that and listed as Flagship. This was before the Flagship lounge remodel.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:17 pm

Here's the favorable response I got on LAX-MIA 77W

Mr. beachfan

Thank you for contacting Admirals Club Member Services.

The transcontinental flight between Los Angeles (LAX) and Miami (MIA) that is operated by a 3-class Boeing 777-300 aircraft only (from May 3, 2019 – October 26, 2019) in Business or First Class does give you access to the Admirals Club and the Flagship Lounge.

Please contact Admirals Club Member Services if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,
flyingeph12 and Quimby4 like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:49 pm

Here's the favorable response I got on LAX-MIA 77W

Mr. beachfan

Thank you for contacting Admirals Club Member Services.

The transcontinental flight between Los Angeles (LAX) and Miami (MIA) that is operated by a 3-class Boeing 777-300 aircraft only (from May 3, 2019 – October 26, 2019) in Business or First Class does give you access to the Admirals Club and the Flagship Lounge.

Please contact Admirals Club Member Services if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Great news, thank you so much!! On this flight late May! Will I also have access upon arrival to MIA, gonna need dinner before heading the the St Regis Bal Harbour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.