Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Old May 1, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 and Terminal 5 Admirals Clubs

Link to LAX information on aa.com.
Link to LAX web site.

LOCATION: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club is in "Concourse level across from gate 40.." (aa.com) Entry on concourse level, lift / elevator to next floor; tarmac views; assistance with AA travel-related issues; some "quieter" areas.

HOURS: See here for hours. (Although, it has been reported that the Club may indeed be opening earlier than the website-posted time).

AMENITIES
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers (8)
  • Music Room (?)
  • Children's Room
  • Conference Rooms

Note: The Flagship Lounge is located upstairs within the Admirals Club and requires key card access - Club receptionists issue these, and the entrance to the Flagship Lounge is immediately to the left of the upstairs Club staff / assistance desks. See this thread.

You can now travel between the American Airlines T-4 and several other terminals without leaving Security via a pedestrian tunnel.

The airside connector between T-4 and the Tom Bradley International Terminal is open.

A shuttle bus from ground level by Gate 44 connects to the Remote (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club.
  • For LAX Flagship Lounge, please refer to this thread)
  • For the "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club in the remote American Eagle terminal see here.
  • For the Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge, see here.

Useful tip: If you are headed to baggage claim at LAX, and you arrive at one of the higher-numbered gates (45-49), you can make it a little easier on yourself by going down the escalator to the shuttle bus terminal. Then turn left and go down another escalator to the walkway to baggage claim. This long walkway under the main concourse has a moving sidewalk. It's the same distance, but with a bit of mechanical help. There is "Baggage Claim" signage leading to those escalators.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis

LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club

Last edited by JDiver; May 23, 2015 at 5:55 pm Reason: Update
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:57 am

LAX lounge question.

So, there are "admirals club" and "flagship lounge" at LAX T4. I believe these are two separate lounges for different classes of passenger (Flagship is reserved for international or JFK flight first class)... My question is, will "Admirals Club" have shower available? I have a pass to Admiral Club, and I would like to take a shower before hopping on my SFO-LAX-BOS redeye.

If there are showers in admirals club, how many are there? How much time should I allow for connection time in case all showers are taken..?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
LAX AC does have showers. Not sure on the number of showers. I would expect that demand for the showers is lower in evening as most of the long hauls have come/gone, but I will let others confirm/deny from their personal experiences.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by ty97
LAX AC does have showers. Not sure on the number of showers. I would expect that demand for the showers is lower in evening as most of the long hauls have come/gone, but I will let others confirm/deny from their personal experiences.
I think 4 or 6 stalls in AC. (edit) I will be there on Wednesday afternoon and will count the number in Flagship and Admirals.

Last edited by george 3; Mar 26, 2015 at 8:24 am Reason: additional info
Old May 23, 2015, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by george 3
I think 4 or 6 stalls in AC. (edit) I will be there on Wednesday afternoon and will count the number in Flagship and Admirals.
I can confirm a whopping eight showers at the AC LAX.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Do they still have food out late at night for the QF pax or has that arrangement ended?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat United Premier Silver Hilton Diamond Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Do they still have food out late at night for the QF pax or has that arrangement ended?
its still there. food is there quite late. was here recently very nice. indeed 8 shower stalls too
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 2M,HH
LAx Admiral club

has a US air on monday 11.45pm Lax T6.is it possible to use T4 TSA,use the admiral club,taks a secure shuttle to T6 without going thru TSA @T6.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vattan77
has a US air on monday 11.45pm Lax T6.is it possible to use T4 TSA,use the admiral club,taks a secure shuttle to T6 without going thru TSA @T6.
Yes. A couple of weeks ago, I cleared T4 PreCheck security with a UA BP.
Welcome to FT!
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 2M,HH
Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Since you are EXP and apparently flying a US redeye, I would recommend SDC to an AA metal flight.
F seats on those US planes are painfully uncomfortable on any flight more than an hour or so.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vattan77
The Alaska Board Room in T6 is far superior to the AA Admirals Club, and your AC membership gets you in when flying AA/US. It closes at 10pm, though.

There are tunnels that let you walk between T4 and T6, airside.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Flying in to T4 and then have a Qantas flight where I will be in business class. I have a 4 hour layover and if possible would like to split time between lounges. Will I have access to the flagship lounge as an Emerald in Qantas business?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Will I have access to the flagship lounge as an Emerald in Qantas business?
Yes, by virtue of your Emerald status.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by SJC AA
The Alaska Board Room in T6 is far superior to the AA Admirals Club...
Matter of opinion I suppose, but I would only agree that the AS BR is better in food offerings. In terms of views, facilities like showers, and amenities like computers, the AC wins, hands down. The BR also can get really crowded to a density I've never seen in the AC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.