Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX Remote Regional Terminal Admirals Club "Eagles Nest" (Photos) (master thread)

Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
LAX Remote Regional Terminal "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club
serving Gates 52A - 52J

Link to LAX information on aa.com.
Link to LAX web site

Location: Access via Terminal Connection shuttle buses departing from both Terminals 4 and 5.

Hours: For current hours, see here.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
Miscellaneous
"Terminal Connections" shuttle buses connect to the Remote Regional (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club. Follow the signs for "Terminal Connections boarding area in each terminal.
- From Terminal 4, ground level via escalators near Campanile/food court (formerly "Gate 44).
- From Terminal 5, Bus Gate near Gate 50B.

To connect to the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT), a connector building is now available by Gate 41.
  • For the "Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club see here.
  • For LAX Flagship Lounge, see her
  • For the Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge, see here.
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

LAX Remote Regional Terminal Admirals Club "Eagles Nest" (Photos) (master thread)

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis

LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Remote Terminal Gate C "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club

Last edited by JDiver; May 20, 2015 at 8:54 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 26, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, DL SM, HH Gold, SPG Gold
LAX New Admirals Club Eagles Nest [Jul 2014] (Photos) (Consolidated)

I was pleasantly surprised upon taking a short hop from LAX today, as the new AC in the LAX Eagles Nest is quietly open for business. I chatted briefly with the very friendly agent who checked me in and she remarked that this was only the 2nd day that this club has been open to the public. She also mentioned that this is a soft launch and that a grand opening will follow sometime soon.

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the amenities and aesthetics of this little club. I only wish all ACs were like this. Along with the standard club amenities, there is a self-service soda machine. Also of note, as compared to the (sometimes) abysmal bathroom situation in the main T4 Admirals Club and Flagship lounge, the individual restrooms, 3 per gender, are quite nice and remind me of the normal Admirals Club shower room, sans shower of course.

The club is well appointed and the black and white vintage aviation photos on the walls add a very classy touch. The lighting is really nice, for what it's worth.

For a remote terminal that was once a pretty shabby place to wait for a flight, this is an incredible value add.

Moderator Note: Additional images which were too wide to comfortably fit in most browsers have been converted to links and appear below:

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...ps54xb74hv.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...psqotg5tnn.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...ps107ezjsu.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...psfawlmj6a.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...pszjytbida.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...ps64txxhqo.jpg

Last edited by Microwave; Jul 28, 2014 at 6:08 am Reason: Replaced some images that were too wide with URLs
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Great news for AA at LAX. Only for this reason I wish there were more local feeder flights, but with the bus and newer PHX option, I am actually spending less time at LAX nest than ever before.

The self service soda is one of my favorite features of VX Loft at LAX T3, so I am glad the concept is spreading. Now I just need an unrestricted AC reciprocal option for Tom Bradley unless they can hurry up the T4 airside connection.
VXforever likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum. A permanent redirect link has been left in the Consolidated forum, where it may return when Adirals and US Airways Clubs are all Admirals Clubs and have uniform policies.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled PLEASE READ ME BEFORE POSTING! Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum!. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by rasheed
Now I just need an unrestricted AC reciprocal option for Tom Bradley unless they can hurry up the T4 airside connection.
It is likely that, once AA moves to TBIT in early 2016, AC members will have access to the OW lounge as long as on an AA operated/marketed flight. I expect the same will be true with the AS lounge when AA moves to T6 in October.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:18 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by MAH4546
It is likely that, once AA moves to TBIT in early 2016, AC members will have access to the OW lounge as long as on an AA operated/marketed flight. I expect the same will be true with the AS lounge when AA moves to T6 in October.
Didn't AA and QF spend a fortune on the T4 AC? What's to become of it? Will the Eagle's Nest relocate to T4?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
Didn't AA and QF spend a fortune on the T4 AC? What's to become of it? Will the Eagle's Nest relocate to T4?
Why would the T4 AC be affected at all?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by cova
Why would the T4 AC be affected at all?
Originally Posted by MAH4546
I expect the same will be true with the AS lounge when AA moves to T6 in October.
I suppose I should have read that as "in October, AA will be annexing part of T6"?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by Spiff
I suppose I should have read that as "in October, AA will be annexing part of T6"?
Yes. AA is taking over gates 60-63 from United.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Impressive. A very nice respite from the gong show that is LAX at present. Too much construction. :\
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If anything, AA would be expanding in the main terminal(s) when US flights move to the other side of LAX. If AA is to use TBIT it will only be for the departure of a few international flights, and of course for processing arriving flights (as is now the case). The only issue for departing international flights from TBIT will be loss of access to the Flagship Lounge, unless bussing is used to get people from T4 to the TBIT (as is IIRC the case with QF flights). Commuter flights will remain in the remote terminal, now hosting a fine AC.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by KSBA
I was pleasantly surprised upon taking a short hop from LAX today, as the new AC in the LAX Eagles Nest is quietly open for business.
Thanks for the review and the photos, but in the future, please don't in-line full-size photos (especially 26 of them!). They break the page formatting (making it blow up wider, forcing people to scroll left and right to read text) and make the page very slow and difficult to load on mobile devices or anyone using a poor Internet connection. In my view, it's best to in-line small versions of the photos, and make the in-lines links to the full-size. That way people get an easy and quick idea of what the picture is, and can then click if they want to see it full-size.

Originally Posted by Shareholder
The only issue for departing international flights from TBIT will be loss of access to the Flagship Lounge, unless bussing is used to get people from T4 to the TBIT (as is IIRC the case with QF flights). Commuter flights will remain in the remote terminal, now hosting a fine AC.
There will be a pedestrian tunnel linking T4 and TBIT, I think next year.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
I see what looks like a bank of 4 power outlets next to or between almost every seat. Outstanding!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the pics, OP! I'm actually very impressed with what AA has done with the LAX remote terminal in the last year -- the difference is really remarkable. They've certainly made the best of a bad situation there. I almost want to intentionally route my next ex-SAN flight through LAX just to see the new club for myself. Between these improvements and the newly renovated shared AC/Airspace Lounge in T2 at SAN, SoCal is getting some love from AA lately.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
I for one quite enjoyed the photos, and they took no time at all to load on my mobile. Looks quite slick! Looking forward to spending some time there on my next layover at the nest. I trust the beer will actually be cold, unlike at the terminal "bar" currently.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.