Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Airport British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges (Terminal 3)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, Terminal 3, located at Zone F

NOTE: Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class.

HOURS: 05:00 until last departure.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Private shower suites
  • Premium liquor, beer and wine
  • Meal service throughout the day
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

[b]Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysia Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:36 pm
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Stupid question: I was under the impression that OW is requesting to use the lounge of our carrier if available. So Galeries F in T5 and AC in T3. Are you guys telling me that I did it wrong since April and should have lounged in Galeries F in T3 instead of the AC?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:57 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by c_d
Stupid question: I was under the impression that OW is requesting to use the lounge of our carrier if available. So Galeries F in T5 and AC in T3. Are you guys telling me that I did it wrong since April and should have lounged in Galeries F in T3 instead of the AC?
Yup
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Yeah.. The T3 Galleries First is nice. I had no issues using it along with a guest on Monday morning. Place was deserted. Had plenty of champagne. Also, I didn't notice the spa being closed. Appeared open to me. At least, it didn't seem closed up.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Yeah.. The T3 Galleries First is nice. I had no issues using it along with a guest on Monday morning. Place was deserted. Had plenty of champagne. Also, I didn't notice the spa being closed. Appeared open to me. At least, it didn't seem closed up.
Yes, it was empty this morning as well.

IIRC, only J and F pax on BA metal can use the spa services, which I'm pretty sure were open this morning.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by rwoman
Yes, it was empty this morning as well.

IIRC, only J and F pax on BA metal can use the spa services, which I'm pretty sure were open this morning.
AFAIK it's longhaul J or F on BA or BA Gold flying BA longhaul. But BA doesn't have any longhaul routes from T3...
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Were you able to get in with just your boarding pass? I just became EXP a week ago and I doubt I'll get my card before I leave for London on Jan 1.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by catmndu
Were you able to get in with just your boarding pass? I just became EXP a week ago and I doubt I'll get my card before I leave for London on Jan 1.
BA lounges have no problem admitting people if the status appears on their BP correctly.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by catmndu
I handed the "Dragon" my BP and my EXP card. She scanned my BP and scanned my friends. I don't really think the EXP card itself made any actual difference.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 4:45 pm

... I don't really think the EXP card itself made any actual difference.
It doesn't, as long as the boarding card is correctly showing status that tends to be all they look for.

I've not offered up, or been asked for my card, in the last couple of years and I'm using the F lounge at least once a month.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Parked our stuff at the BA GF and after a couple of glasses of champagne left my wife there and went to check out the CX F Lounge (she volunteered ). Got there right after the CX flight was called and I literally had the whole lounge for myself. Nice, but smaller selection of drinks, but luckily the noodle service had just started.

Ordered the Dan Dan noodles without scallions, and they were brought to my table within 5 minutes, with no scallions. Almost completed my meal before a family entered and disrupted my pristine lounge experience . The lounge was nice enough, but compared to the GF, not quite the same level, IMHO. If it wasn't for the noodles, I don't think I would do the lounge hopping again.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:31 am

Having tried both BA galleries first and the flagship lounge yesterday I can say that the BA GF wins hands down. The BA lounge isn't crowded early in the morning. Lots of food/beverage choices and lots of departure displays. I checked out the FL so that I could say that I've been to all the AA FL's (only a FTer would say that...). There is only one departure display (by the door) and the food choices are rather poor.

Next time I'm transiting T3 back to the US I will be quite happy to hang out in the BA lounge.

Last edited by catmndu; Jan 9, 2014 at 5:32 am Reason: add detail
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
One more thought re access - I've not needed to show anything other than a BP the last few times I've been in the BA F lounge. And the agent isn't looking for a FF number on it either - they simply scan it with the little reader, and I'm invited in. CX lounge was the same way too. CX also said that the AAdvantage card in iPhone passbook would be fine too, since it has both barcode and number, but BP was enough.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: AAExecPlat MM, DL MM, HH Platinum
While there is the Elemis spa in T% (and maybe T3), I like the Galleries first in T3 because there are showers in the area where the bathrooms are and there is normally no line and no signing in with the Elemis desk as in T5.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:53 am

AA F morning flight: best LHR lounge?

Returning home from Italy on April 25th. Flying on 51 to DFW at 9:30 AM. As an American college student, I will be *dying* for an American breakfast by that point (Italy = greek yogurt, croissants and cereal).

I've read multiple reviews on the AA Flagship Lounge, the BA Galleries First, and the CX First Lounge at T3. I love sit-down meal service, and I typically like to stay in one lounge, as I don't uh..."travel light". Would my best bet be the Galleries First? Do they have items like pancakes, bacon, etc? Or no? Any links for the menu?

Not opposed to CX lounge as I've heard their noodles are great, but do they offer the noodle service at 7-7:30am?

Thinking of being at LHR no later than 7:00?

Also, mimosas. I understand Tattinger at the BA lounge, Veuve at the CX lounge, and whatever prosecco AA has conjured up in the FL. I've quite a taste for Veuve. But Veuve and noodles...idk about that.

Which is best lounge based off of
1) Breakfast/selection of non-pastry items (and American items? Maybe?)
2) Staying *in* the lounge/crowds between 7 and 9 am
3) "Beverage" quality (not looking to get smashed at 7am, just want to get comfortable before a 10.5 hour flight, especially on my first F flight/ground experience)
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Free Agent
BA First will serve essentially an English Breakfast, with pastries, etc, also available. It will not be sit-down waited service, but you can sit in the private dining area.

Personally, I see no point to the Flagship Lounge over the BA First Lounge

Beverages in BA First are essentially the same all day from my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.