Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Airport AA Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Old May 19, 2015, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GaryD
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Flagship Lounge
LHR Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 3 Admirals Cub

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website.

London Heathrow Terminal 3 American Airlines Flagship Lounge

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, near lounge area H within Admirals Club

NOTE: see below for detailed access rules. Qualifying oneworld First Class flyers and Emerald members may have one guest.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Private shower suites
  • Premium liquor, beer and wine
  • Meal service throughout the day
  • Computers with Internet access
FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)

We offer complimentary access if you are:
  • Traveling First Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international segment
  • Traveling First Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment
  • An American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum customer departing on or connecting to an international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline, regardless of cabin flown
  • A oneworld First Class international* customer departing on or connecting to a oneworld marketed and operated flight
  • A oneworld Emerald customer** departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary
*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from this benefit

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysian Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Terminal 3 AA Flagship Lounge
Old Oct 1, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
After a bit I went to the Flagship to compare. Champagne wasn't something I recognized. The main food item seemed to be something resembling breakfast sliders. I didn't try any but they didn't look nearly as nice as in the BA lounge.
Something I found out recently is that the AAFlagship Lounge has a made-to-order menu (at least for breakfast) that is way more appetizing than the offerings out for show, including a full english and eggs benedict. But it seems to be a well kept secret......
Old Oct 1, 2013, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by BigEyedFish
Something I found out recently is that the AAFlagship Lounge has a made-to-order menu (at least for breakfast) that is way more appetizing than the offerings out for show, including a full english and eggs benedict. But it seems to be a well kept secret......
Thanks for that tip. I will definitely keep it in mind.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
If you are connecting, first go to the Flagship Lounge to answer the baggage security questions and get your ICTS passport sticker from the contract security agents. Then, go over and spend the rest of your time at the BA Galleries First.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ESpen36
If you are connecting, first go to the Flagship Lounge to answer the baggage security questions and get your ICTS passport sticker from the contract security agents. Then, go over and spend the rest of your time at the BA Galleries First.
I second this. I took AA51 in early January. Having not tried either the Flagship Lounge nor the BA lounge I decided to try both. The BA lounge was worlds better than the Flagship Lounge. The BA lounge was practically empty, the food was better and the champagne was better.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:22 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Short update

I did the BA-AA lounge shuffle this week at about 8.30am. BA GF was the usual sea of tranquility, vast quantities of good Taittinger on tap and excellent full English breakie. Lovely staff as always. The guest book has been replaced with an iPad survey, placed near the papers.
The AA Flagship lounge offering has been upgraded. The hostess was quite charming, they have a table service breakfast which looked good. Sadly, one half bottle of flat champers was all that was available. It is better than it was, but BA still wins out IMHO.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
just wondering what the upgrades are in the flagship lounge, will be retruning from India next weekend...
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:07 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fotographer
just wondering what the upgrades are in the flagship lounge, will be retruning from India next weekend...
Just the breakfast table service when I was there.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:43 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
First time in a long time through Heathrow... made the mistake of going to the Flagship lounge.. they didn't even have a working coffee machine! (Regular lounge didn't either.)

Got smart and went over to BA First -- so much nicer... the AA Flagship lounge is terrible by comparison.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bworrell
First time in a long time through Heathrow... made the mistake of going to the Flagship lounge.. they didn't even have a working coffee machine! (Regular lounge didn't either.)

Got smart and went over to BA First -- so much nicer... the AA Flagship lounge is terrible by comparison.
CX F lounge is fantastic as well.

I hit all three in a ~3 hour layover there in December...no reason honestly to go to the AA F lounge when they're all so close.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:12 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
no reason honestly to go to the AA F lounge when they're all so close.
The only reason we ever go to the AA lounge at LHR is when we come into T3 via FCC, the line at the transfer desk is long and we want to answer the questions and get the sticker on the passport to avoid doing it at the gate. Then leave and go to BA F where they have Johnny Blue and Glenlivet 18, among other things.

Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: WFBF
Departing LHR tomorrow on the 10:15AM to PHL. Will arrive on the first Heathrow Express of the morning (departs Paddington 6:25AM, so theoretically arriving ~6:40AM).

This is my first time doing LHR post-merge, so wondering if it's worth it, in the time I'll have, to try to visit this lounge; I used the AA arrivals lounge on the inbound to get a shower and breakfast, but from what I'm reading the FL isn't really that great?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by ubernostrum
Departing LHR tomorrow on the 10:15AM to PHL. Will arrive on the first Heathrow Express of the morning (departs Paddington 6:25AM, so theoretically arriving ~6:40AM).

This is my first time doing LHR post-merge, so wondering if it's worth it, in the time I'll have, to try to visit this lounge; I used the AA arrivals lounge on the inbound to get a shower and breakfast, but from what I'm reading the FL isn't really that great?
What exactly is your question? You will get to LHR about four hours before the flight departs. Your options are to visit a lounge or just wait in the main departure area.

Even if the FL lounge "isn't that great", it still beats waiting in the main departure area.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
What exactly is your question? You will get to LHR about four hours before the flight departs. Your options are to visit a lounge or just wait in the main departure area.

Even if the FL lounge "isn't that great", it still beats waiting in the main departure area.
Mostly that after checking in and getting through security and everything, I'm unlikely to have time to get to any other lounge, and wondered whether people actually think the FL lounge is worth visiting since everyone appears to prefer other lounges at LHR.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach

OP was asking about AA vs other lounges, not AA vs no lounge.

As a CP/EXP, OP's options are to visit the AA F lounge, or the BA F lounge, or the CX F lounge, or a combination of them.

Personally I wouldn't bother with AA and would head straight to the dining room in the BA Flounge for breakfast. If you have time you may then want to check out the CX lounge - this has very good showers if you'd like one before your flight.

Last edited by Ldnn1; Jun 6, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.