Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Airport British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges (Terminal 3)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, Terminal 3, located at Zone F

NOTE: Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class.

HOURS: 05:00 until last departure.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Private shower suites
  • Premium liquor, beer and wine
  • Meal service throughout the day
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

[b]Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysia Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by george 3
My wife and I greatly enjoy the breakfast offered in Galleries, and always provide for at least an extra few hours for a shower, breakfast and relaxation prior to continuing our journey.
Since the noodle bar isn't available during breakfast hours, and noodles aren't my idea of breakfast, I also use BA during breakfast time.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lakersown81
From what I read, no meal service there, right? Looks like the highlights there are the views and the noodle bar.

I might eat at the BA lounge and head to the Cathay lounge to wait for my flight.

Thanks guys!
Originally Posted by Microwave
Many a time have I made a meal of the noodle bar. Whatever you try, be sure to give the shrimp wantons a go. There will be other nosh set out at the CX lounge, but they won't have the "BA Burger" or the full gloop buffet. For my money, the noodle bar is healthier and tastier than BA's food offerings.
I think the noodle bar is an ingenious idea by CX. Ingredients are extremely cheap, yet, with the right mix of provisions, the taste can be quite luxurious.

Made to order, good food, on the cheap!

(I love the "real" noodle booths/carts throughout Asia, so I might be a little biased on the taste )
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Since the noodle bar isn't available during breakfast hours, and noodles aren't my idea of breakfast, I also use BA during breakfast time.
We hope to try the noodle bar next trip to Europe - every time we go through LHR on the way back to the US we always seem to be steered into the AA first class lounge. Time to re-direct. My wife loves noodles and she might enjoy a little lounge hopping before the trip back across the pond.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by george 3
We hope to try the noodle bar next trip to Europe - every time we go through LHR on the way back to the US we always seem to be steered into the AA first class lounge. Time to re-direct. My wife loves noodles and she might enjoy a little lounge hopping before the trip back across the pond.
Noodle Bar at the CX F Lounge, then the BA F Lounge is my recommendation if flying out on a noonish, or early afternoon flight from T3 and don't want to eat in the terminal.. If flying out in the morning, straight to the BA Lounge..
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
The CX lounge will be taking over the space next to it where the SQ lounge was, I hear. Apologies if this has been posted, I only read back a couple of pages as I don't normally follow this thread.

Possibly a little inconvenience due to the construction, but a much larger lounge to look forward to.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:48 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Blasphemy! Noodles are delicious all times of the day, ESPECIALLY for breakfast!

I tend to wait in the BA lounge and sip a glass of champagne/mimosa while I wait for the noodle bar to open. Then I head over to the CX lounge for a proper breakfast before I head off to my 10-11am flights.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by JY1024
Blasphemy! Noodles are delicious all times of the day, ESPECIALLY for breakfast!

I tend to wait in the BA lounge and sip a glass of champagne/mimosa while I wait for the noodle bar to open. Then I head over to the CX lounge for a proper breakfast before I head off to my 10-11am flights.
Now that is something to try since I am very partial to in flight and in lounge mimosas at any time of day. It might be worth the try to peak your head in the kitchen early to see if you can get a noodle head start.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
If they are set up, they will start the noodle service a few minutes early. But the pre-noodle time is spent prepping, so it's unlikely to be more than 5 minutes or so. There is a very intentional (and reasonable) 'I refuse to turn in such a way that an eager customer might catch my eye and waste my time' attitude coming from the noodle kitchen during set-up.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
When does the noodle bar in the CX lounge open? My wife and I were there last Sunday morning, during our transfer between LIN-LHR and LHR-JFK. I persuaded her to try the CX lounge instead of our usual destination, the BA lounge, and we were both disappointed. The lounge was small and the only "Chinese" thing on the buffet was congee. They did have a much better fresh fruit selection than BA. However, as soon as she got back from her usual forays to Harrods and Boots, we went to the BA Galleries F for the rest of the wait. It's never crowded when we are there and we traditionally order bacon buttys ala carte.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, Emerald Club
I really couldn't decide which forum/sub-forum I should put this in, so I apologize if I guessed wrong

I'm trying to redeem AA miles for a STL-CPH route next Spring, and I see the following route available via AA.com: (my domestic connector would get to DFW the night before the route shown below)

AA1191: DFW-BOS
BA212: BOS-LHR
BA816: LHR-CPH

This route is available for booking at both Buz/First MileSaver and First MileSaver award levels. I'd book into either of these two groups for sure.

So, here's the question:

If I have a (redeemed) biz or first ticket on BA metal, can I access any of the AA/BA/OW lounges in LHR?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by GrandMoffJoseph

If I have a (redeemed) biz or first ticket on BA metal, can I access any of the AA/BA/OW lounges in LHR?
Yes, you can access any oneworld lounge in the same terminal as you depart from if you have oneworld status. If not, you may be restricted to BA lounges.

Have you looked into the 'carrier imposed fees' BA will charge for this routing?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, Emerald Club
Originally Posted by ajnaro
Yes, you can access any oneworld lounge in the same terminal as you depart from if you have oneworld status. If not, you may be restricted to BA lounges.

Have you looked into the 'carrier imposed fees' BA will charge for this routing?
Thanks for the reply!

Well, I have AA Gold, but I don't believe that gets you anything from a OW perspective. I take it that restricts me to BA lounges? (I suppose I could supplement that with a AA day pass in a worst case, but meh...)

And yes, I'm definitely aware of BA's fuel surcharge shenanigans. I'd avoid it if I could, but with my home base in STL, and AA dumping as many EU-bound routes as possible onto BA metal, the pickings and times are crud if you filter BA out.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by GrandMoffJoseph
Thanks for the reply!

Well, I have AA Gold, but I don't believe that gets you anything from a OW perspective. I take it that restricts me to BA lounges? (I suppose I could supplement that with a AA day pass in a worst case, but meh...)
If flying J/F, you should be able to use any of the J/F lounges. In T5 at LHR, the Galleries/Galleries F lounges are your only options.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:04 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Do note the CX Lounge at LHR is currently closed through until late June, 2016 for refurbishment.

I stopped into the GF Lounge yesterday while flying LHR-ORD on AA. It's pretty good, though some of the furniture choices are a bit odd. They had several decent champagnes and some very good alcohol choices. I was there from 10:00-10:45 and they had a full English breakfast out plus pastries, cereals etc. It's miles better than the Flagship Lounge which I also visited

Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:04 pm

A new one for me. The agent was asking people for their OW status. I'd have thought he could get the info from the BP or perhaps his system.

The person ahead of me said Emerald and the agent scanned his BP, picked that from a drop down list and admitted the pax.

I said Sapphire and he again picked that from a list after scanning the BP. My wife has no OW status, but he said he'd allow her as my guest. We were flying J on AA, which should have allowed entry without regard for status.

He asked the person behind us, but I didn't hear the answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.