Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best lounge for showers in T3

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Best lounge for showers in T3

Having looked at the Heathrow lounges post from the sticky, I see that in Terminal 3 there are showers in the AA flagship lounge, the Cathay first class lounge, and in the BA lounge complex.

I'm flying into Heathrow longhaul, with an onward BA flight from T3, and I've got BA Gold for another few weeks, so I think I can visit all of those lounge

So, that leads me to a question - which one is likely to have the nicest showers, and which shouldn't have queues on a Saturday early afternoon?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I used the showers about 9 months ago in the BA T3 lounge complex and they're fine. They're in better condition than the ones in T5 due to not being used as much.

So you'll be fine in the BA lounge. As there's no BA longhaul from T3 currently there's not going to be any queues.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The showers at the T3 AC are probably the best thing about the lounge. Various opinions about T3 showers in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...-lhr-t3-2.html
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
IIRC the BA showers in T3 aren't the horrible prefab wetroom things from T5 and are much nicer. Not tried any of the others.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
IMO, the best shows are in the CX lounge (shared between F and J).
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum One, Hilton Honors Diamond, Oneworld Emerald
My preference is the CX showers.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
The showers at the T3 AC are probably the best thing about the lounge. Various opinions about T3 showers in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...-lhr-t3-2.html
+1
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I ended up trying both the AA and CX showers (was a long layover!). I think AA slightly had the edge

The CX showers looked a little fancier - longer room, walk in shower with dropped floor area, partial glass shower screen, stone effect wall etc. However, that meant that about half the floor and shelf ended up a bit damp from splashes from the shower. Also, the shower wouldn't go quite as hot as I wanted.

The AA one had a normal shower tray you stepped up into, decent sized shower cubicle, no risk of getting the floor / nearby clothes wet, and the water went up to nicely hot!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I ended up trying both the AA and CX showers (was a long layover!). I think AA slightly had the edge

The CX showers looked a little fancier - longer room, walk in shower with dropped floor area, partial glass shower screen, stone effect wall etc. However, that meant that about half the floor and shelf ended up a bit damp from splashes from the shower. Also, the shower wouldn't go quite as hot as I wanted.

The AA one had a normal shower tray you stepped up into, decent sized shower cubicle, no risk of getting the floor / nearby clothes wet, and the water went up to nicely hot!
BA has super hot water, if you like it. And it's closest distance to GF
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:47 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:31 pm
Old May 6, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Hey all,

I'm landing in T3 from the USA (13:20 scheduled arrival), and departing 95-minutes later from T3. So my version of "best" is "shortest queues". Is there a chance I'd have time for a shower, or is it likely I will be going from immigration directly to the gate?
Old May 6, 2016, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Gig103
Hey all,

I'm landing in T3 from the USA (13:20 scheduled arrival), and departing 95-minutes later from T3. So my version of "best" is "shortest queues". Is there a chance I'd have time for a shower, or is it likely I will be going from immigration directly to the gate?
Assuming your ongoing flight is outside the UK, you won't go thru immigration, but you need to pass through a security screening.

Follow the purple "connections" signs looking for T3 to T3 connections.

By the time you are in the departures area you will need to head to your gate - no realistic time for a shower.
Old May 6, 2016, 2:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I doubt very much you'll have time for a shower. From wheels-down to gate 10-15 minutes, off the plane and through security screening 20-30 minutes. By now you've used up at least 40 minutes, and you're probably at least 10 minutes form your gate. Boarding will start at T-35, so you'd have ten minutes at most for a shower, assuming you can get to one in time and there's no queue.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
There's alway small chance he/she will have enough time for shower. Cathay lounge is closed so that's BA or AA lounge. I would go for AA.
Old May 6, 2016, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Head for AA - likely no queue there for a shower mid afternoon so if there's time that's your best hope!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.