Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Airport British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges (Terminal 3)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, Terminal 3, located at Zone F

NOTE: Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class.

HOURS: 05:00 until last departure.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Private shower suites
  • Premium liquor, beer and wine
  • Meal service throughout the day
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

[b]Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysia Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2013, 4:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by BigEyedFish
If you're going in the am though, BA have now introduced the hot breakfast buffet in their T3 Flounge, so I am defaulting back there again. As long as there is Taittinger and not Castelneau, it's a decent breakfast
Also, the noodle bar doesn't open up till a little later in CX (well, hasn't when I've been in there at least...).
I believe stifle was referring to the business class side, with actual food replaced for much of the day with things like a "high quality afternoon tea offering" (translation: crappy scones, mediocre cakes, barely edible sandwiches). The first side has gotten better since the lows right after the BS takeover, with the gloop being supplemented by slightly more colourful options as well, but I don't believe hot food was ever officially removed from Galleries First (and the menu has always been available there as well).
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Correct; as a lowly sapphire I am not in a position to use first class lounges at this point in time. The BA business lounge breakfast is fine if you like bacon, and champagne is available on request.

Scones have also been enhanced in the Galleries Club, Microwave. You'd have to be in Galleries First or either CX lounge to get them.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by stifle
Scones have also been enhanced in the Galleries Club, Microwave. You'd have to be in Galleries First or either CX lounge to get them.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
not a big difference between F and J BA T3 sections, imho.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Wow, I cannot agree with this at all... Food is better and generally served all day, alcoholic drink selection and quality is much better, dedicated dining area with table service and a menu, and the lounge tends to be less busy (based on my experience). Put together I qualify that as a "big difference".
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I'm afraid I have to disagree on this point. The made to order food, and the wine, champagne, and liqueur selections in F are much better than in J.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
LHR / London Heathrow T3 Admirals Club, Flagship, oneworld Lounges (consolidated)

Ok - made to order food, I'll give you that - but the rest of the space-layout/offerings (for the most part), the same. (And, yes, I hang in F).
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:06 am

Ok - made to order food, I'll give you that - but the rest of the space-layout/offerings (for the most part), the same. (And, yes, I hang in F).
Champagne bar? Scotch offerings? Wine selection? Buffet food (which is non-existent on the J side for much of the day now)? Yes, seats and decor are much the same, but many differences still exist, and with recent "enhancements" on the J side they are in some cases widening.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
I will be leaving in the morning. 9:45 AM departure. I might like noodles, but I am more of a fan of a Western breakfast. Especially while in the west.

Will probably just go to BA Galleries First. I assume they don't announce boarding for AA departures? Not really a big deal if they don't.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by jsmeeker
I will be leaving in the morning. 9:45 AM departure. I might like noodles, but I am more of a fan of a Western breakfast. Especially while in the west.

Will probably just go to BA Galleries First. I assume they don't announce boarding for AA departures? Not really a big deal if they don't.
No announcements, but plenty if screens with departure information.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
LHR Terminal 3 4 hours to kill pre AA 39 in F, which best lounge experience? and why?

I'm Traveling AMS-LHR then LHR-MIA J on BA then F on AA. I have never done F on AA just J so looking to maximize my lounge experience at LHR terminal 3. FL access is a given but, it also looks like I should have complete access to all the OW lounges in term 3 as well. Which is the beat way to spend the hours? Should I do more than one? If so which ones and why?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Plenty of threads about this around, but the short answer is all of them - they're one minute's walk apart so you will have time to visit each one at least twice! In short, you'll want to visit the BA lounge for the vintage champagne and the spa treatment, the CX lounge for the noodles and the view, and the AA lounge (briefly) to remind yourself how much nicer and less crowded the other two are.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Well, I made it to the BA Galleries first lounge yesterday morning. You were all right. Once I got there, it made a lot more sense. Though I did get a little confused with the lettings for the lounges and somehow missed the sign directing me towards the section where the BA Galleries was. No problem getting past the lounge dragon. Quick scan of the BP and we were in. Love how the first thing you encounter was the champagne bar. Multiple selections too. To the left, the large "bar" area with lots of booze to partake in. And plenty of computer workstations. To the right was the food. Pass the coffee machines on the way. It was about 8:00 AM and the place was deserted. Only a few people there. But tons of food out. We found seats and quickly returned to the champagne bar. Back to seats. Got snacks and some OJ. Ordered a bacon sandwich. Drank champagne. Got sandwich. Got more champagne. Then one last glass, trying a different type this time (a Rosé). My companion darted out for a bit to shop and spend her remaining pounds. She had no problems getting back in without me. A bit after 9:00 AM, we headed to the gate.

Really awesome. Of course, all of my lounger experience is AA Admirals Clubs in domestic locations. Even the best ones at DFW and LAX don't hold a candle to this place. Too bad I wasn't there for longer. Like maybe a later departure so I could have taken better advantage. (notably, the bar. Blue Label via self service? Damn!!) Didn't bother seeking out the CX lounge. We did pass by the entrance to the Admiral's Club on the way to gate 31. Didn't even THINK about popping my head in to see. I knew I would be depressed.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Better wine, food, seating options, and service (and usually fewer other guests) in the BA F lounge are the reasons why this is my choice. I haven't had a spa treatment there- I can't recall if you need to be on a BA longhaul flight to qualify for spa access.

CX is good if you want some noodles or dim sum.

Hit the AA lounge on your way to the gate to check if the boarding is still on schedule (the BA lounge can't help you with that.)
Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:20 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Better wine, food, seating options, and service (and usually fewer other guests) in the BA F lounge are the reasons why this is my choice. I haven't had a spa treatment there- I can't recall if you need to be on a BA longhaul flight to qualify for spa access.

CX is good if you want some noodles or dim sum.

Hit the AA lounge on your way to the gate to check if the boarding is still on schedule (the BA lounge can't help you with that.)
i was told in the spa in T5 this week (staff member) that the T3 spa is closed until further notice. She had no idea when it would open again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.