Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounge

Link to DFW information.
Link to DFW web site

Locations: All Clubs, lounges and oneworld lounges are airside past security. Entry:
  • Terminal A: Across from Gate A24 (see Andy’s Blog - link) Business Center.
  • Terminal B: Between Gates B3 and B6
  • Terminal C and Executive Center: Between Gates C19 and C20
  • Terminal D: Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club: Between Gates D23 and D24 (lifts to 5th level)

Hours: Current Club hours hours are posted on aa.com here.

All Clubs offer free "well" or "lower shelf" beverages and snacks, food and "upper shelf" drinks and food for purchase, WiFi, PCs and business facilities, printing, fax; all DFW Clubs offer conference facilities for rent (by advance arrangement) and showers.
  • "A" Admirals Club is the old International Terminal Club, has a children's room; limited storage lockers; (smoking room closed 31 Dec 2015); no views. Recently refurbished. Business Center.
  • "B" Admirals Club, normal domestic Clubs; B has views and is possibly the least used and probably the quietest. The (unsecured) baggage area has small (full size rollaboards unlikely to fit) baggage storage cubbies (former lockers without doors/locks).
  • "C" Admirals Club has a children's room. There is an "Executive Center" with extended business apparatus in Terminal "C". Terminal C Club is fairly busy much of the time.
  • "D" Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club in the International Terminal open 15 May 2019.
For related threads that may be of interest, see:• Which DFW Admirals Club for showers?
New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
ARCHIVE of older posts from this thread.
Print Wikipost

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2023, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jayer
So, really naive question. If I get upgraded to J on international flight, which has happened to me more than once but always inbound coming home, am I then privileged to cross the blessed threshold of the Flagship Lounge? Or back to the AAdmirals Club for me? Do they just look at your ticket or subject you to a background check and a full body scan? (As additional information currently Platinum, but do not expect to requalify organically).

Other than that, was the green stuff next to the post on the serving table broccoli (overused) or bok choy (underappreciated)?
AA doesn't distinguish between paid, award, or upgrade when it comes to lounge access. Yes, if you upgrade a long haul flight to business then you can access the FL's, both on departure and arrival (assuming you have an onward connection that would get you back airside).
Genius1 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
AA doesn't distinguish between paid, award, or upgrade when it comes to lounge access. Yes, if you upgrade a long haul flight to business then you can access the FL's, both on departure and arrival (assuming you have an onward connection that would get you back airside).
Thank you.

Am I to assume they just look at the seat number on the boarding pass and in you go?

Might have missed an opportunity last spring. (But to tell you the truth the pictured of the food don't look that much better than the AAC--but there is more variety).
Old Dec 10, 2023, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Other than that, was the green stuff next to the post on the serving table broccoli (overused) or bok choy (underappreciated)?
On the cold plate it was kale, and on the hot plate it was bok choy.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Am I to assume they just look at the seat number on the boarding pass and in you go?

Might have missed an opportunity last spring. (But to tell you the truth the pictured of the food don't look that much better than the AAC--but there is more variety).
Yes, when you check in to the lounge they scan your BP and see that you're departing on (or connecting from) a qualifying flight in business class and welcome you in.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 2:36 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
2019 Simi Sonoma county Cab was on offer at the FL last night. Not a bad business class lounge offering. Shame there was no beef on the buffet.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Tonight is my 4th visit over the course of 3 weeks and the menu hasn't changed once. Salmon, pork chops, and gnocchi for the hot main courses.

I am missing the beef stroganoff sort of thing that goes so well with a Napa cab, which BTW is Robert Craig tonight.
Tack likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by work2fly
2019 Simi Sonoma county Cab was on offer at the FL last night. Not a bad business class lounge offering. Shame there was no beef on the buffet.
I think through this month it’s that pork chop, which really isn’t my favorite. Neither is the Tex-Mex or southwest Gnocchi. However, it you're there after 3pm, the street taco bar has been pretty good, albeit no beef either. Chicken or a vegetarian option.
work2fly likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Flagship Lounge looks awesome. I'm flying through DFW in BA Club World in a week and then back through in AA Flagship Business in a little over a month from now. Would love to visit this lounge as I have a long layover both times. Only issue is I'm only 20 and I'm assuming with the self serve booze, the rules probably say you need to be 21 to get in. How strict are they on enforcing that and what are my chances of getting tossed to the Admirals Club instead? Wouldn't touch a drop of booze in there either way, would just rather be here than the Admirals Club.
Update on this in case there's any under 21's lurking here looking for data points, I was let into the DFW FL last night without my age ever being questioned. Only issue I had getting in was that they originally took my DFW-JAX boarding pass which for some reason was denying access despite flying OSL-LHR-DFW-JAX all in business and first, but when the LHR-DFW boarding pass was scanned instead, there was no issue. But I was let in and I'll continue to update as I visit this lounge more in the future.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 6:32 am

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Questions regarding DFW flagship lounge?

Im going to be flying LGA-DFW-ICN with an overnight connection @ DFW prior to the morning flight to ICN. Im flying F to DFW & J to ICN.

1) Will I have access to the flagship lounge the night prior to my flight, connecting to ICN?

2) How far is the flagship lounge from the Grand Hyatt DFW (terminal location) to the Flagship Lounge?

thank you in advance for your help
Old Jan 8, 2024, 6:46 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer121
Im going to be flying LGA-DFW-ICN with an overnight connection @ DFW prior to the morning flight to ICN. Im flying F to DFW & J to ICN.

1) Will I have access to the flagship lounge the night prior to my flight, connecting to ICN?

2) How far is the flagship lounge from the Grand Hyatt DFW (terminal location) to the Flagship Lounge?

thank you in advance for your help
1: From my experience, no, even if on the same PNR
2: Not far at all, it's above the ticketing area so just take the elevator down to the terminal.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:25 am

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
1. technically no, but have had success after an evening connecting flight with a morning departure.

2. really close. The hotel is just outside of security that is basically right across from the Admirals Club/Flagship Lounge entrance. Really conveneint
Old Jan 15, 2024, 5:03 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Update on this in case there's any under 21's lurking here looking for data points, I was let into the DFW FL last night without my age ever being questioned. Only issue I had getting in was that they originally took my DFW-JAX boarding pass which for some reason was denying access despite flying OSL-LHR-DFW-JAX all in business and first, but when the LHR-DFW boarding pass was scanned instead, there was no issue. But I was let in and I'll continue to update as I visit this lounge more in the future.
Was admitted to the DFW FL Saturday afternoon with no issues and no questions asked again.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Just a plug for the DFW FL, where most of my FL visits take place, does a fantastic job keeping their wine glasses spot free! Kind of a pet peeve for me. Miami isn’t bad either, but outside of wanting that pork chop ditched, DFW FL employees do a very good job. Cheers!
Old Jan 24, 2024, 3:32 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, IHG Platinum
Is the AC in the E/Satellite terminal open or does it exist? It's listed on AA app but I didn't see it on the list of clubs at top of thread and didn't see any recent information searching the thread. It's also sort of "grayed out" on google maps whereas all the other DFW locations have the little cocktail glass symbol beside them and you can click to bring up more info. I'm flying TUL-DFW-TYR in March, and I strongly suspect I'll be leaving from that terminal if not both arriving and leaving, so it'd be awesome if there's a tiny club there like at LAX. If I do fly into a "real" terminal I'm trying to figure out if it's worth trying to visit another AC or just go straight to E. I'm assuming also it's similar to LAX and I'll have account for time to catch a shuttle to get to the satellite gates. Thanks for any info!
Old Jan 24, 2024, 3:38 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ostatekitty
Is the AC in the E/Satellite terminal open or does it exist? It's listed on AA app but I didn't see it on the list of clubs at top of thread and didn't see any recent information searching the thread. It's also sort of "grayed out" on google maps whereas all the other DFW locations have the little cocktail glass symbol beside them and you can click to bring up more info. I'm flying TUL-DFW-TYR in March, and I strongly suspect I'll be leaving from that terminal if not both arriving and leaving, so it'd be awesome if there's a tiny club there like at LAX. If I do fly into a "real" terminal I'm trying to figure out if it's worth trying to visit another AC or just go straight to E. I'm assuming also it's similar to LAX and I'll have account for time to catch a shuttle to get to the satellite gates. Thanks for any info!
It was closed forever, but it was open when I was there a couple weeks ago.

E is connected via Skylink but does require an underground tunnel to get to the AC and gates (the AC is on the mezzanine, below the remote concourse). No buses required, it's just a bit of a longer walk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.