Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounge

Link to DFW information.
Link to DFW web site

Locations: All Clubs, lounges and oneworld lounges are airside past security. Entry:
  • Terminal A: Across from Gate A24 (see Andy’s Blog - link) Business Center.
  • Terminal B: Between Gates B3 and B6
  • Terminal C and Executive Center: Between Gates C19 and C20
  • Terminal D: Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club: Between Gates D23 and D24 (lifts to 5th level)

Hours: Current Club hours hours are posted on aa.com here.

All Clubs offer free "well" or "lower shelf" beverages and snacks, food and "upper shelf" drinks and food for purchase, WiFi, PCs and business facilities, printing, fax; all DFW Clubs offer conference facilities for rent (by advance arrangement) and showers.
  • "A" Admirals Club is the old International Terminal Club, has a children's room; limited storage lockers; (smoking room closed 31 Dec 2015); no views. Recently refurbished. Business Center.
  • "B" Admirals Club, normal domestic Clubs; B has views and is possibly the least used and probably the quietest. The (unsecured) baggage area has small (full size rollaboards unlikely to fit) baggage storage cubbies (former lockers without doors/locks).
  • "C" Admirals Club has a children's room. There is an "Executive Center" with extended business apparatus in Terminal "C". Terminal C Club is fairly busy much of the time.
  • "D" Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club in the International Terminal open 15 May 2019.
For related threads that may be of interest, see:• Which DFW Admirals Club for showers?
New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
ARCHIVE of older posts from this thread.
Print Wikipost

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2022, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
No Amex Platinum for access to the Centurion Lounge? Or Capital One Venture X for access to the Capital One Lounge? (Both are in D.)

The Venture X card is essentially free, if you can utilize the annual $300 credit on the Capital One travel portal.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by guv1976
No Amex Platinum for access to the Centurion Lounge? Or Capital One Venture X for access to the Capital One Lounge? (Both are in D.)

The Venture X card is essentially free, if you can utilize the annual $300 credit on the Capital One travel portal.
i have neither. I’m more interested in the beer selection and what is gratis at the BA
club.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Have you even checked the One World Lounge data base on what lounges are available at DFW?
asnovici likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
i have neither. I’m more interested in the beer selection and what is gratis at the BA
club.
Here's a review of the DFW Capital One Lounge, in case you'd consider getting another credit card:

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/cap...ne-lounge-dfw/

"It lives up to the hype: Our review of the world's first Capital One Lounge at DFW"
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Have you even checked the One World Lounge data base on what lounges are available at DFW?
funny you should ask as I didn’t up until your post. There I found there isn’t even a BA lounge at dfw. Lol!

looks like I can still access the FL lounge though
Spiff likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
funny you should ask as I didn’t up until your post. There I found there isn’t even a BA lounge at dfw. Lol!

looks like I can still access the FL lounge though
I flew BA F recently ex-DFW and was surprised how good the flagship dining was (by lounge standards, of course, not restaurant standards). The primary area of the lounge isn’t as good, but still decent. No reason to venture anywhere else IMHO.
enviroian likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blumie
I flew BA F recently ex-DFW and was surprised how good the flagship dining was (by lounge standards, of course, not restaurant standards). The primary area of the lounge isn’t as good, but still decent. No reason to venture anywhere else IMHO.
agreed. For some reason I thought access was only granted to those on AA metal.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I *think* the old "The Club DFW" area that also housed various small flex lounges for the foreign flag carriers is now the Capital One Lounge.
If that's the case, are there no more lounges at DFW for any of the foreign flag carriers?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I’m more interested in the beer selection
I just noticed this comment. I'm pretty sure the Flagship Lounge has Stone IPA, which I find to be a pretty good IPA (with an ABV of 6,9%).
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
FL Self pour + plenty of meal choices outside + runway views =

Im a vegetarian, so outside of breakfast, the standard lounge food is snack worthy at best. Even FFD was borderline.
enviroian likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAway
I *think* the old "The Club DFW" area that also housed various small flex lounges for the foreign flag carriers is now the Capital One Lounge.
If that's the case, are there no more lounges at DFW for any of the foreign flag carriers?
This must have been what I was thinking as I swore I had seen a BA lounge (and others) nested in this area. I thought I was losing my mind but after reading my first issue of AARP, I see that it's common with people of my generation.

ETA: I found photo proving mind isn't entirely gone.

Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:48 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
This must have been what I was thinking as I swore I had seen a BA lounge (and others) nested in this area. I thought I was losing my mind but after reading my first issue of AARP, I see that it's common with people of my generation.

ETA: I found photo proving mind isn't entirely gone.

The QF section, though operated by a 3rd party, welcomed any non-AA oneworld sapphire and emerald members before any oneworld flight, based on the QF website description then. Back in the days when sapphire members only had access to the Admirals Club (and I think DFW didn't have a Flagship lounge then?), the QF section of this lounge was a much nicer place for me when I transited in DFW, and I was here several times.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
The QF section, though operated by a 3rd party, welcomed any non-AA oneworld sapphire and emerald members before any oneworld flight, based on the QF website description then. Back in the days when sapphire members only had access to the Admirals Club (and I think DFW didn't have a Flagship lounge then?), the QF section of this lounge was a much nicer place for me when I transited in DFW, and I was here several times.
Interesting. For whatever reason, I thought all the lounges in that cluster were interchangeable and they just changed the airline logo on the screen next to each entrance door to whatever airline it was representing at that moment.
In any case, does anyone know if any of this facility still exists or has it all been taken over by the Capital One Lounge?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by AAway
Interesting. For whatever reason, I thought all the lounges in that cluster were interchangeable and they just changed the airline logo on the screen next to each entrance door to whatever airline it was representing at that moment.
I recalled there were different partitions reserved for different airlines. When I went to the front desk, they were usually unsure whether I was allowed access. They would (sometimes I had to push them to) refer me to the receptionist in front of the QF partition to scan me in.
AAway likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:38 pm
O62

Do any of the ACs in DFW have showers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.