Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounge

Link to DFW information.
Link to DFW web site

Locations: All Clubs, lounges and oneworld lounges are airside past security. Entry:
  • Terminal A: Across from Gate A24 (see Andy’s Blog - link) Business Center.
  • Terminal B: Between Gates B3 and B6
  • Terminal C and Executive Center: Between Gates C19 and C20
  • Terminal D: Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club: Between Gates D23 and D24 (lifts to 5th level)

Hours: Current Club hours hours are posted on aa.com here.

All Clubs offer free "well" or "lower shelf" beverages and snacks, food and "upper shelf" drinks and food for purchase, WiFi, PCs and business facilities, printing, fax; all DFW Clubs offer conference facilities for rent (by advance arrangement) and showers.
  • "A" Admirals Club is the old International Terminal Club, has a children's room; limited storage lockers; (smoking room closed 31 Dec 2015); no views. Recently refurbished. Business Center.
  • "B" Admirals Club, normal domestic Clubs; B has views and is possibly the least used and probably the quietest. The (unsecured) baggage area has small (full size rollaboards unlikely to fit) baggage storage cubbies (former lockers without doors/locks).
  • "C" Admirals Club has a children's room. There is an "Executive Center" with extended business apparatus in Terminal "C". Terminal C Club is fairly busy much of the time.
  • "D" Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club in the International Terminal open 15 May 2019.
For related threads that may be of interest, see:• Which DFW Admirals Club for showers?
New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
ARCHIVE of older posts from this thread.
Print Wikipost

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:35 pm

Sorry for asking a stupid question but I searched and can’t find the answer. I’m flying from SYD to BWI via DWF on a Qantas ticket. QF metal out of SYD and AA metal out of DWF. I have an 8 hour layover so wouldn’t mind getting a day pass for the AC lounge and getting a shower. Here’s the question: AC website says day passed are not available for purchase at DFW lounges. If I buy a day pass online before my flight, can I still use it at the DFW lounges?

If the AC lounges aren’t an option, any other recommendations on how to spend 8 hours?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by gsthome
Sorry for asking a stupid question but I searched and can’t find the answer. I’m flying from SYD to BWI via DWF on a Qantas ticket. QF metal out of SYD and AA metal out of DWF. I have an 8 hour layover so wouldn’t mind getting a day pass for the AC lounge and getting a shower. Here’s the question: AC website says day passed are not available for purchase at DFW lounges. If I buy a day pass online before my flight, can I still use it at the DFW lounges?

If the AC lounges aren’t an option, any other recommendations on how to spend 8 hours?
Try the Minute Suites.
BlatheringPenguin likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Just walked up to the guy standing outside the flagship tiki lounge at Dfw D. May 16th is the latest target date.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I’ve got a trip in F to LHR (via DFW-JFK) in early June. Looking forward to going to both the DFW FFD and the JFK FFD same day. 😁😎
enviroian and teemuflyer like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Originally Posted by JBKettle
AA has said there will be an AC "in the satellite," but no further details were provided.

It was discussed on their "Tell Me Why" podcast that discussed the opening of the satellite.

Other notes that were already known:
  • 9 regional gates on B will become 6 mainline gates
  • There will be 12 regional gates in the satellite
  • The AA-controlled gates in the main building of E will remain
  • The satellite gates will primarily be single-class aircraft, while 2-class aircraft will be concentrated out of B. (Whether Skywest stays in E or moves to B was unclear.)
Mainline in B? Maybe AA can influence TSA and DFW to finally have PreCheck lanes in B
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
Just walked up to the guy standing outside the flagship tiki lounge at Dfw D. May 16th is the latest target date.
Which year?
enviroian and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
DFW AA Lounge Options, B Concourse

Going through DFW on AA award tickets. World Elite AA Card holder. Reviews seem to slag B Concourse Admirals Lounge as not good. Any better choice for a 1-1.5 hour layover? How long to walk to Centurion Lounge from B? Priority Pass choices better than either AA or Centurion? Just not yet familiar with DFW, so newbie questions.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Going through DFW on AA award tickets. World Elite AA Card holder. Reviews seem to slag B Concourse Admirals Lounge as not good. Any better choice for a 1-1.5 hour layover? How long to walk to Centurion Lounge from B? Priority Pass choices better than either AA or Centurion? Just not yet familiar with DFW, so newbie questions.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!
World Elite AA Card doesn’t provide you with any form of lounge access I’m aware of. On the other hand, Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™Mastercard includes Admirals Club membership.

At DFW no gate is farther than ten minutes away because of the Skylink train.

See the Wikipost at the top of the page in this thread and
AA Guide: DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc for DFW terminals information.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Sorry, shorthand confusion, I have the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™Mastercard.

Ten minute via SKylink, awesome!

Thanks for Wiki link! I'll dig into that now.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Luggage Storage

Couldn’t find any recent details and I’ve never really stopped long enough to look - is there anywhere to store luggage in any of the DFW ACs?

Need to leave the secured area for a few hours tomorrow and would rather not have to schlep bags through security. I’m comfortable with cubby’s but would prefer not to just leave bags in a chair.

TIA!
Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flying SFO-DFW-GRU in J in a few weeks. I assume only Admirals Clubs will still be open? I saw someone mention that the "C" club currently has the best food&beverage, but it seems the GRU flight leaves from D. Is it worth the trek to C? (5 hour layover)

I also have Priority Pass, if any of their options are better.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by zeer0
Flying SFO-DFW-GRU in J in a few weeks. I assume only Admirals Clubs will still be open? I saw someone mention that the "C" club currently has the best food&beverage, but it seems the GRU flight leaves from D. Is it worth the trek to C? (5 hour layover)

I also have Priority Pass, if any of their options are better.
Your flight will likely leave from D, but there is a chance it could leave from A. It is not worth the trek from D to C for the upgraded options as your Priority Pass grants you access to The Club in the D Terminal with hot food and better quality drinks than the complimentary drinks in the Admiral's Clubs.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Your flight will likely leave from D, but there is a chance it could leave from A. It is not worth the trek from D to C for the upgraded options as your Priority Pass grants you access to The Club in the D Terminal with hot food and better quality drinks than the complimentary drinks in the Admiral's Clubs.
Thank you for the detailed answer!
Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DFW-D is pretty lame as of late.....I love the views but having been there multiple times throughout the day and hearing that C has better amenities at the same exact times is weird.

AA just needs to be transparent about the hours in which they’re offering these enhanced food items and where. I don’t see it at DCA-C or DFW-D....2 AA hubs so there’s no excuse. It’s not like I’m expecting eggs and avocado toast at MCO.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
DFW-D is pretty lame as of late.....I love the views but having been there multiple times throughout the day and hearing that C has better amenities at the same exact times is weird.

AA just needs to be transparent about the hours in which they’re offering these enhanced food items and where. I don’t see it at DCA-C or DFW-D....2 AA hubs so there’s no excuse. It’s not like I’m expecting eggs and avocado toast at MCO.
lol. What you expect.. DFW is AA home and they can't serve simple items here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.