Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounge

Link to DFW information.
Link to DFW web site

Locations: All Clubs, lounges and oneworld lounges are airside past security. Entry:
  • Terminal A: Across from Gate A24 (see Andy’s Blog - link) Business Center.
  • Terminal B: Between Gates B3 and B6
  • Terminal C and Executive Center: Between Gates C19 and C20
  • Terminal D: Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club: Between Gates D23 and D24 (lifts to 5th level)

Hours: Current Club hours hours are posted on aa.com here.

All Clubs offer free "well" or "lower shelf" beverages and snacks, food and "upper shelf" drinks and food for purchase, WiFi, PCs and business facilities, printing, fax; all DFW Clubs offer conference facilities for rent (by advance arrangement) and showers.
  • "A" Admirals Club is the old International Terminal Club, has a children's room; limited storage lockers; (smoking room closed 31 Dec 2015); no views. Recently refurbished. Business Center.
  • "B" Admirals Club, normal domestic Clubs; B has views and is possibly the least used and probably the quietest. The (unsecured) baggage area has small (full size rollaboards unlikely to fit) baggage storage cubbies (former lockers without doors/locks).
  • "C" Admirals Club has a children's room. There is an "Executive Center" with extended business apparatus in Terminal "C". Terminal C Club is fairly busy much of the time.
  • "D" Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club in the International Terminal open 15 May 2019.
For related threads that may be of interest, see:• Which DFW Admirals Club for showers?
New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
ARCHIVE of older posts from this thread.
Print Wikipost

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2023, 7:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
There was recently a big debate on the AA subreddit as there are clearly some showers open in DFW (I've used them), but the official AA website only claims that there are showers in the Flagship. I know that's not true. FlyerTalk, can we please crowdsource our wisdom here?

A AC: Yes, showers
B AC: ?? I think I've been here once with very little memory of the space
C AC: I swear there are 2 showers in a weird spot by the AAngels - can anyone confirm or deny?
D AC: Yes, showers
D FL: Of course, showers

E AC: I've never been there in my life
I can confirm the C Club has showers. They're off the lobby. IIRC there are slightly more than 2, but there are a couple grouped together and then another one or so around the corner... But it's been a while since I used them.
nineworldseries likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by lrickets
Hello everyone. I haven't been on here since 2016 so I may have posted my question on the wrong thread & so on.
I've not traveled on AA in decades & not familiar with AA lounges at all. However, I earned enough miles from credit cards for a RT first class ticket (but not enough for Flagship flight) from DFW to HNL with a long layover in LAX on the way back to DFW. I would like to know with this First class award ticket, do I get free access to any of the lounges in DFW and LAX?
Thank you for your answers.
if you don't have access to the club thru a citi exec mastercard or a plain old membership without the citi card, you have to be on a widebody flight to/from Hawaii in business for Admirals Club access to come with your ticket. Those are nonstops to/from Hawaii only out of DFW, although *occasionally* they will appear at PHX or ORD). If you're starting at DFW but going on a connection thru LAX, try to move to the nonstop to/from DFW to Hawaii, otherwise if connecting in LAX, no access.
lrickets likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 10:59 am

Thank you. I have 155K AA miles or so and not getting any RT NS biz/1st with the amount of miles I have after September 4th. If I can't get access to any lounge with 1st class ticket, I'll have to look for the shortest connection time at LAX then. There are a few with 48 minutes connection. Is that enough time @ LAX?
Old Aug 8, 2023, 5:59 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Breakfast at FL?

What are the current breakfast offerings at the FL around 9am? I'm thinking of the regular dining area, not FFD.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
What are the current breakfast offerings at the FL around 9am? I'm thinking of the regular dining area, not FFD.
As of last Tuesday I think the hot options were steak and potatoes, scrambled eggs, a vegan mini taco, pancakes, bacon, and these (quite tasty) jalapeño tater tots. They also had smoked salmon, pastries, fruit, and yogurts.
Unimatrix One likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by fender5787
As of last Tuesday I think the hot options were steak and potatoes, scrambled eggs, a vegan mini taco, pancakes, bacon, and these (quite tasty) jalapeño tater tots. They also had smoked salmon, pastries, fruit, and yogurts.
Sounds great! Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fender5787
matches what we saw last week and yesterday on the way to/from HNL. Actually not sure if the steak and potatoes were out when we were there at 6am yesterday, but they were the week before. Just had time for a quick shower and bite to eat before hopping over to our connecting flight.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:13 pm

Visited the Flagship lounge again recently and was quite impressed with how consistent American is with all the Flagships. Quality of food was great, especially a fan of the crabcakes!
Full trip review here for those interested: https://www.wanderupfront.com/americ...ip-lounge-dfw/
Old Aug 21, 2023, 4:04 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by wanderupfront
Visited the Flagship lounge again recently and was quite impressed with how consistent American is with all the Flagships. Quality of food was great, especially a fan of the crabcakes!
Full trip review here for those interested: https://www.wanderupfront.com/americ...ip-lounge-dfw/
Very thorough review of the DFW Flagship Lounge. It is the only one I have not yet been able to visit, and I look forward to doing so.
wanderupfront likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Lounge Review: DFW American Airlines Flagship Lounge

Index to Genius1 Trip Reports

Opened in 2019 in Terminal D, the DFW Flagship lounge is an impressive space which makes the most of the floor-to-ceiling windows along its length. Interior design is the trademark (although somewhat clinical and now a little dated) AA palette which first debuted in the mid-2010s, superseded last year with the latest concept Admirals Club opening in DCA.

The entrance to the lounge is shared with that for the third party Capital One lounge and is located between Gates D21 and D22, with a small unmanned lobby at gate level and lifts (elevators) to the lounge itself on the level above. Turning right, reception is directly ahead and the lounge opens up to the right as a long and fairly thin rectangle.

The lounge is loosely broken into a series of rooms, with the first being the main dining area. Two self-serve bars are available, along with three buffet stations featuring the usual decent Flagship selection of hot and cold options, including one hot option freshly plated by staff on request (wild mushrooms orecchiette pasta when I visited in November last year).

Multiple seating options are available in this area, most being dining tables for two although there are a few armchairs under the feature light immediately upon entering the lounge (which was too busy for me to photograph), and some communal dining tables towards the rear of the dining area. A low working table is situated by the windows across from the dining area.

Beyond, the lounge narrows with washrooms off to the right followed by a small alcove seating area with armchairs. Flagship First Dining (FFD) is up next, just visible through obscured windows. When the JFK Flagship lounge closed last year (as a result of the merger of the lounges with BA), DFW became one of only two locations in the AA network to offer FFD - if my dining experience in MIA last September is any measure, FFD at DFW is a treat too, although sadly I wasn't eligible for access on this occasion - entry is restricted to passengers in Flagship First, Flagship Business Plus and BA First.

The entire run of windows along the left hand side of the lounge is filled with groups of four armchairs, all with ample power sockets within reach of each seat and super airfield views - provision of power and fast wifi is something that AA does consistently well in its lounges on the ground, whether they are Admirals Clubs or Flagship lounges.

Beyond FFD is a guest services area with showers and more washrooms tucked behind. A secondary drinks and snack station is located here too (although both the soft drinks machine and coffee machine were out of service during my visit). A high-top work table including one iMac and a wireless printer can be found opposite, by the window.

The final 'room' of the lounge features the largest concentration of armchair seating in the lounge, below another feature light installation. You'll find some high-walled seats here offering a little more privacy than others. There's a quiet room (too bright) and TV room off to either side, and another guest services area at the far end, although this was unmanned during my visit.

Whilst not luxurious, AA's Flagship lounges are well thought through, well maintained, functional and comfortable spaces. Their DFW facility is no exception.
work2fly, dpb132, AAway and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Flagship Lounge looks awesome. I'm flying through DFW in BA Club World in a week and then back through in AA Flagship Business in a little over a month from now. Would love to visit this lounge as I have a long layover both times. Only issue is I'm only 20 and I'm assuming with the self serve booze, the rules probably say you need to be 21 to get in. How strict are they on enforcing that and what are my chances of getting tossed to the Admirals Club instead? Wouldn't touch a drop of booze in there either way, would just rather be here than the Admirals Club.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 3:06 pm

Can OWE flying Qatar J out of DFW access the FL lounge?
Old Dec 9, 2023, 3:12 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Flagship Lounge looks awesome. I'm flying through DFW in BA Club World in a week and then back through in AA Flagship Business in a little over a month from now. Would love to visit this lounge as I have a long layover both times. Only issue is I'm only 20 and I'm assuming with the self serve booze, the rules probably say you need to be 21 to get in. How strict are they on enforcing that and what are my chances of getting tossed to the Admirals Club instead? Wouldn't touch a drop of booze in there either way, would just rather be here than the Admirals Club.
I visited the DFW FL 4-5 times alone before turning 21. Never an issue getting in, think the rep letting me in told me to watch it around the alcohol one time. Wouldn't expect a problem, though, as always, YMMV.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
Can OWE flying Qatar J out of DFW access the FL lounge?
Yes, all non-AA oneworld F and J (and Emerald and Sapphire) pax get access. On AA, only Flagship F and J get access, and AA status pax flying on Flagship routes.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Yes, all non-AA oneworld F and J (and Emerald and Sapphire) pax get access. On AA, only Flagship F and J get access, and AA status pax flying on Flagship routes.
So, really naive question. If I get upgraded to J on international flight, which has happened to me more than once but always inbound coming home, am I then privileged to cross the blessed threshold of the Flagship Lounge? Or back to the AAdmirals Club for me? Do they just look at your ticket or subject you to a background check and a full body scan? (As additional information currently Platinum, but do not expect to requalify organically).

Other than that, was the green stuff next to the post on the serving table broccoli (overused) or bok choy (underappreciated)?

Thanks

Last edited by jayer; Dec 9, 2023 at 4:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.