Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounge

Link to DFW information.
Link to DFW web site

Locations: All Clubs, lounges and oneworld lounges are airside past security. Entry:
  • Terminal A: Across from Gate A24 (see Andy’s Blog - link) Business Center.
  • Terminal B: Between Gates B3 and B6
  • Terminal C and Executive Center: Between Gates C19 and C20
  • Terminal D: Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club: Between Gates D23 and D24 (lifts to 5th level)

Hours: Current Club hours hours are posted on aa.com here.

All Clubs offer free "well" or "lower shelf" beverages and snacks, food and "upper shelf" drinks and food for purchase, WiFi, PCs and business facilities, printing, fax; all DFW Clubs offer conference facilities for rent (by advance arrangement) and showers.
  • "A" Admirals Club is the old International Terminal Club, has a children's room; limited storage lockers; (smoking room closed 31 Dec 2015); no views. Recently refurbished. Business Center.
  • "B" Admirals Club, normal domestic Clubs; B has views and is possibly the least used and probably the quietest. The (unsecured) baggage area has small (full size rollaboards unlikely to fit) baggage storage cubbies (former lockers without doors/locks).
  • "C" Admirals Club has a children's room. There is an "Executive Center" with extended business apparatus in Terminal "C". Terminal C Club is fairly busy much of the time.
  • "D" Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club in the International Terminal open 15 May 2019.
For related threads that may be of interest, see:• Which DFW Admirals Club for showers?
New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
ARCHIVE of older posts from this thread.
Print Wikipost

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Flying through DFW beginning of September.

Curious if the shower facilities are operating in the Admirals Clubs?
​​​
​​​​​
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
They were closed last month and I'd assume the same since it seems like nothing has become less restrictive. They also use covid as an excuse but seems like it's really about lack of staff since I don't get how being in a room alone is a covid risk while drinking at the bar isn't.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:33 pm

What about the spa services in the centurion lounge? Are they operating?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:27 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Angry

Originally Posted by txag09
Nope.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 3:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by txag09
Last I checked, none of the Centurion Lounges with spas have any idea when spa services will be offered again. I think JFK now has a self-led "treatments" (or at least they did in June) but nothing at DFW.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 23, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Just curious also about the Showers at Admirals Club at DFW? Do they even have showers at some of them and are the showers currently open there?

Thx
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:17 am

Best Admiral's Club in DFW

Will be spending about 7 hours here. Which is the best one?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Personally like D, has good views of the widebodies coming in and out. And it seems to be the more "modern" of the lot.

Though, for that long of a layover.... I have gone to the AC at the terminal I arrive at to use the restroom, grab a drink, charge phone for an hour, etc. and then can head out to another AC as it works for ongoing flight / preference for longer sitting and relaxing.

In 7 hours, you could easily hit up all of them and decide which one you like the most!
Did that one day too, a drink and snack at each one with a healthy walk between them.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I like C best on the inside. But have to concede there is no view.

But even for a long layover I would say go to the departure terminal whatever it is. . . .and be sure to check confirm with some frequency the gate and terminal have not changed. (That happens at DFW. Sometimes on very short notice. Although not as much as it used to).

Also DFW is quite prone to boarding early. They often are all but done at T-30. Don't cut it too close.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
My rankings: D, B, C, A.

A stands for AAlways crowded. Used to have arguably the best airline showers, period. Now, meh. Thanks, Discount Dougie.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Admirals Clubs or Centurion Lounge

I'm disappointed that we won't be able to access the Flagship lounge for our DFW-LIM flight, so I'm wondering what's the next best lounge. I can access all Admirals clubs or some lounges with my Platinum card. I've narrowed it down to an Admirals club or the Centurion lounge.

Anyone recommend one over the other? I'm guessing the Centurion lounge has better food, but I've heard it can get packed at DFW.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 7:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
I'm disappointed that we won't be able to access the Flagship lounge for our DFW-LIM flight, so I'm wondering what's the next best lounge. I can access all Admirals clubs or some lounges with my Platinum card. I've narrowed it down to an Admirals club or the Centurion lounge.

Anyone recommend one over the other? I'm guessing the Centurion lounge has better food, but I've heard it can get packed at DFW.
I find the DFW CL to be an unpleasant experience. It's often crowded as you said and there can be waits. It's also not a very comfortable lounge for sitting and relaxing in. If I were you I'd go there for a quick meal as their food is often good and then spend the rest of my time at the AC nearest to your gate.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
...I'm guessing the Centurion lounge has better food, but I've heard it can get packed at DFW.
Yes, the Centurion lounge is so crowded no one ever goes there anymore.

Seriously though, if you have access to the Capital One lounge adjacent to the Flagship Lounge it is a much better experience. It is starting to get a little busy before evening international flights because some airlines are having their biz class passengers use this as a lounge but still never had a problem finding a seat or waiting in long lines for food or drinks like the Centurion lounge.
AATrout and jimmygottfredson like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
I suspect after 2/1/23 when the $50 charge per guest takes effect, the crowding in the Centurion will lessen.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
BA Club or AA AC at DFW D

Flying business on the beluga. I can speak for the admirals club of course but since I’ll be flying BA I can access their club too. Is it worth visiting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.