Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounge

Link to DFW information.
Link to DFW web site

Locations: All Clubs, lounges and oneworld lounges are airside past security. Entry:
  • Terminal A: Across from Gate A24 (see Andy’s Blog - link) Business Center.
  • Terminal B: Between Gates B3 and B6
  • Terminal C and Executive Center: Between Gates C19 and C20
  • Terminal D: Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club: Between Gates D23 and D24 (lifts to 5th level)

Hours: Current Club hours hours are posted on aa.com here.

All Clubs offer free "well" or "lower shelf" beverages and snacks, food and "upper shelf" drinks and food for purchase, WiFi, PCs and business facilities, printing, fax; all DFW Clubs offer conference facilities for rent (by advance arrangement) and showers.
  • "A" Admirals Club is the old International Terminal Club, has a children's room; limited storage lockers; (smoking room closed 31 Dec 2015); no views. Recently refurbished. Business Center.
  • "B" Admirals Club, normal domestic Clubs; B has views and is possibly the least used and probably the quietest. The (unsecured) baggage area has small (full size rollaboards unlikely to fit) baggage storage cubbies (former lockers without doors/locks).
  • "C" Admirals Club has a children's room. There is an "Executive Center" with extended business apparatus in Terminal "C". Terminal C Club is fairly busy much of the time.
  • "D" Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club in the International Terminal open 15 May 2019.
For related threads that may be of interest, see:• Which DFW Admirals Club for showers?
New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
ARCHIVE of older posts from this thread.
Print Wikipost

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2023, 6:32 am

Programs: UA - million Miler
Which lounge in DFW

I’m flying on AA in business class (used miles) from DFW to HND (Tokyo). Which lounge do I have access to in DFW?
Admirals Club or Flagship lounge?
The descriptions look like it would be the Flagship, however, it says my reservation should indicate business Flagship. I cant find that anywhere on the reservation.
THANKS
Old Feb 21, 2023, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by iflyalot
I’m flying on AA in business class (used miles) from DFW to HND (Tokyo). Which lounge do I have access to in DFW?
Admirals Club or Flagship lounge?
The descriptions look like it would be the Flagship, however, it says my reservation should indicate business Flagship. I cant find that anywhere on the reservation.
THANKS
Yes, you will have access to the Flagship Lounge.

Any long haul business class departure on AA comes with FL access regardless of whether "Flagship" is displayed or not on the search results or your ticket receipt or anywhere else.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-2023-a-7.html
Old Feb 21, 2023, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
While you are entitled to use the FL, if you have a Capital One Venture X card, I'd go to their lounge next door to the FL. Much better food and drink.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
While you are entitled to use the FL, if you have a Capital One Venture X card, I'd go to their lounge next door to the FL. Much better food and drink.
On the off chance that the OP is a vegetarian, the DFW FL food made my wife very very happy. Otherwise I agree, found the food a little subpar at DFW FL.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 12:20 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I can’t comment on the CapitalOne lounge, but I’ve been through the FL a few times this month the the hot offerings that I’ve tried (Dover sole, a wierd but good interpretation of butter chicken, German mustard potatoes, and veggie jambalaya) have all been pretty tasty. Plus the mini macaroons they had as dessert a few days ago were divine
Old Feb 22, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by MCIUnitedGuy
On the off chance that the OP is a vegetarian, the DFW FL food made my wife very very happy. Otherwise I agree, found the food a little subpar at DFW FL.
Sitting in the DFW FL as I type. Since October the food offering has been Butter Chicken, veggie Jambalaya, Sole, German Potato Salad and some kind of broccoli thing. I did have the wild mushroom pasta from the food bar and it was pretty good.

They used to switch up the menu a bit more. I miss the Burnt Ends they were serving prior. Anyone know when this menu is slated to change?

Last edited by Tack; Feb 22, 2023 at 2:29 pm
Old Feb 22, 2023, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Tack
Anyone know when this menu is slated to change?
Yes. Latter half of the 21st century.
Tack likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
I haven't been to the Capital One lounge at DFW, but I always wonder about it when I see it as I'm heading into the AA FL. A few times I've been on the elevator with several people, and I'm the only one who turns right into the FL after getting off. The rest are all turning left.

Are the drinks really better? AA has a pretty decent selection of hard liquor (for what is basically a J lounge), and the wines are at least free and drinkable. The FLs always have a few local brews in cans/bottles also. If Capital One does have more premium selections in comparison, that would be good to know.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Will be arriving DFW terminal A and departing terminal C. As best I can read in reviews the Admirals Club in terminal C is the worst. I've read that commentary liquor is not available there but it is in the Clubs in terminals A, B & D. True? Also appears to have a more dismal atmosphere. True? We have a 2+ hour connection domestic-domestic. Are we better offer just going to the Club in terminal A and allowing a little extra time to get to our gate in terminal C? Of course, gate numbers can change at the last moment but if we have to depart from terminal C is it best to avoid that club?
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Will be arriving DFW terminal A and departing terminal C. As best I can read in reviews the Admirals Club in terminal C is the worst. I've read that commentary liquor is not available there but it is in the Clubs in terminals A, B & D. True? Also appears to have a more dismal atmosphere. True? We have a 2+ hour connection domestic-domestic. Are we better offer just going to the Club in terminal A and allowing a little extra time to get to our gate in terminal C? Of course, gate numbers can change at the last moment but if we have to depart from terminal C is it best to avoid that club?
I haven't been to the Terminal C AC in a while but I've never heard of any AC's at DFW (or elsewhere) not serving liquor.

Also one person's "dismal" is another person's "cozy" so I would take reviews with a grain of salt.

Personally speaking I would opt for the C club over the A club any day of the week, the A club is way too bright lit up like a hospital operating room (like a lot of AA clubs) and decked out in AA's new but old wall to wall Ikea crap. It's awful IMO.

That said I would not make lounge plans now based on what gates you think you'll be using, if your flight is more than 1 hour out then it's highly likely to change, could be any combination of A, C, D.

With 2 hours I would just go to whatever club is closest to your arrival gate, check it out and if you're comfortable just stay put, otherwise walk to another one closer to your departure gate.
wrp96, LovePrunes and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I think you mean COMPLIMENTARY liquor
ALL 5 AA clubs at DFW (and everywhere in the club network) serve complimentary house spirits.
I agree with the other poster: use the lounge that is most convenient for you and leave it at that.
Personally I prefer to be close to my departure gate rather than my arrival gate, as far as choosing which club to park myself at.
AAway, wrp96 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 3:59 pm

Hello everyone. I haven't been on here since 2016 so I may have posted my question on the wrong thread & so on.
I've not traveled on AA in decades & not familiar with AA lounges at all. However, I earned enough miles from credit cards for a RT first class ticket (but not enough for Flagship flight) from DFW to HNL with a long layover in LAX on the way back to DFW. I would like to know with this First class award ticket, do I get free access to any of the lounges in DFW and LAX?
Thank you for your answers.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lrickets
Hello everyone. I haven't been on here since 2016 so I may have posted my question on the wrong thread & so on.
I've not traveled on AA in decades & not familiar with AA lounges at all. However, I earned enough miles from credit cards for a RT first class ticket (but not enough for Flagship flight) from DFW to HNL with a long layover in LAX on the way back to DFW. I would like to know with this First class award ticket, do I get free access to any of the lounges in DFW and LAX?
Thank you for your answers.
The real experts on this hang out in the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...es-2023-a.html thread. My understanding is that, on a purely domestic itinerary (except for 3-class trans-con flights) neither class nor AA/AS status will get you in.
lrickets likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 5:18 am

Programs: Some/Most/All
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
My understanding is that, on a purely domestic itinerary (except for 3-class trans-con flights) neither class nor AA/AS status will get you in.
There is a carve-out for mainland-Hawaii flights on widebodies. Though, -in true AA style- the wording is a bit strange, J tickets to Hawaii on widebodies will allow access to the FL.
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by O62
Do any of the ACs in DFW have showers?
There was recently a big debate on the AA subreddit as there are clearly some showers open in DFW (I've used them), but the official AA website only claims that there are showers in the Flagship. I know that's not true. FlyerTalk, can we please crowdsource our wisdom here?

A AC: Yes, showers
B AC: ?? I think I've been here once with very little memory of the space
C AC: I swear there are 2 showers in a weird spot by the AAngels - can anyone confirm or deny?
D AC: Yes, showers
D FL: Of course, showers

E AC: I've never been there in my life

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.