Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Does anyone have recent experience of the breakfast offerings in Flagship First on the morning flight (1423) LAX-BOS?
Old May 22, 2022, 4:55 pm

Is there a meal served in PEY on flights to/from Hawaii to DFW?
Old May 22, 2022, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by seat7a.speedbird2.030828
been checking for weeks looking for the final sign of a return to normalcy... the death of the turksmegwich

a week ago, turksmeg-> quiche

selected quiche

today the FA says "mr speedbird you selected the turksmeg"

me: no, i selected the quiche

fa: no you didn't, you selected the turksmeg

me: i'll take the salad

fortunately i had purchased protein before departure expecting shenanigans

doing what they do best!

and why do they call it a greek salad? there was no feta, and 4 olives

it's a fricking salad that used to be served alongside an actual entree

fares have doubled

AA can afford real cAAtering
Ha - had the exact same experience today 5/22/22 DFW-SAN 2:51pm departure

Ms. SDFAMILY you pre-selected the turkey sandwich
I most definitely did not. I selected a corn/quiche thing
Ms. SDFAMILY you must have been on a breakfast flight
Nope, have had this flight for some time.
Ms. SDFAMILY you must have selected your quiche (that doesn't exist) before they changed the menu this month
Nope, selected it last week and double-checked it three days ago

Hmmm, Ms. SDFAMILY do you want the turkey sandwich for the greek salad?
Old May 23, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Took the redeye SFO to JFK.

Dinner was fine, but breakfast was just a scone, chobani yogurt drink, and coffee/tea/juice. ...?! At least there’s breakfast at the flagship lounge upon arrival.

Old May 23, 2022, 5:46 am

deleted

Last edited by rrgg; Jun 9, 2022 at 9:35 pm
Old May 23, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
pre-pandemic — a boxed wrap sandwich with chips (veg or protein), a cookie bar of some kind. And PE also got a small cheese tray prior to landing.
Old May 23, 2022, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by donotblink

Dinner was fine, but breakfast was just a scone, chobani yogurt drink, and coffee/tea/juice. ...?! At least there’s breakfast at the flagship lounge upon arrival.

The flight, in the air, is what? 4.5 hours, at most. After a full dinner service. what type of breakfast were you expecting 2.5 hours later?
Old May 23, 2022, 7:54 am
Suspended

Has anyone successfully received a pre-ordered special meal since they returned?
keyw likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdfamily
Ha - had the exact same experience today 5/22/22 DFW-SAN 2:51pm departure

Ms. SDFAMILY you pre-selected the turkey sandwich
I most definitely did not. I selected a corn/quiche thing
Ms. SDFAMILY you must have been on a breakfast flight
Nope, have had this flight for some time.
Ms. SDFAMILY you must have selected your quiche (that doesn't exist) before they changed the menu this month
Nope, selected it last week and double-checked it three days ago

Hmmm, Ms. SDFAMILY do you want the turkey sandwich for the greek salad?
Seems this item was never created, but they can't seem to get it out of the pre-order system rotation. I'm not sure how I feel about their pre-selecting other items in lieu.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines

is that a piece of melted cheese holding those two plates together?
Old May 23, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Seems this item was never created, but they can't seem to get it out of the pre-order system rotation. I'm not sure how I feel about their pre-selecting other items in lieu.
I remember this happening pre-COVID with a lunch/dinner Tamale dish that never seemed to show up. At least the substitute was lasagna, not a turkey sandwich. Kinda pointless to pre-order if it doesn't actually have the right choices.
BlooJoo likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Yes. Even regular Y gets meals on the Hawaii-DFW routes. I believe the PEY meal is also cold, like Y, but a bit bigger...although it has been a minute since I've flown in PEY, thankfully.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Has anyone successfully received a pre-ordered special meal since they returned?
I have a flight upcoming on Sat where I preordered the Hindu meal hoping it's a hot meal. The regular choices were the Cajun Chicken salad (cold) or Fruit and cheese plate.
It's a 3+ hr mainline flight so let's see if 1) They actually cater my special meal and 2) It's a hot meal since I've never had a cold Hindu meal pre-covid.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ceebee100
I have a flight upcoming on Sat where I preordered the Hindu meal hoping it's a hot meal. The regular choices were the Cajun Chicken salad (cold) or Fruit and cheese plate.
It's a 3+ hr mainline flight so let's see if 1) They actually cater my special meal and 2) It's a hot meal since I've never had a cold Hindu meal pre-covid.
I do not think you will get it. I had a short mainline flight with the exact same cold meal options, and my special meal was simply ignored. I think something is off in their operations, whereby they're not loading special meals on cold meal flights.

I remain hopeful for you though! Please report back.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum

As far as breakfast its not really offered on that flight If it said/listed a real breakfast I'd be bummed too but really given the short flight time what you got is pretty standard. I think United on the red eye during covid did some oatmeal or yogurt parafait which was nice.

You did get sundaes, cheese plates & the additional 3rd dessert no? You Just didnt take a pic of it maybe but just making sure there were not catering issues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.