AAdvantage Dining questions

Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Herb687
And very very frequently changing too.
And a lot of them now only give points for online orders, which is just a link to another website called Chownow.com that you order from. So no dining in or ordering direct. At least that's the case in my area.

Last edited by skunker; Dec 8, 2021 at 5:51 pm
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:30 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by vasantn
DM??
Dining Miles
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:21 am

I added a Citi card to AAdvantage Dining and then did an eligible dine. The next day I saw a Citi Merchant Offer for the same restaurant and added it. That caused my card to be unlinked from AA Dining, so I immediately relinked it.

Will that dine still earn miles?

Edited: Answer is yes. The unlink/relink the next day didn't interfere with this.

Last edited by rrgg; Jan 18, 2022 at 11:52 am
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
Although DM shows them as a bonus in THEIR program, all miles posting from DM post to AA as base miles. So yes, they'll all count.
That hasn't been my experience:

Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
AAdvantage Dining

Maybe I didnt do the search correctly, but I didnt see any threads for questions around AAdvantage Dining.

If there is Im sure the mods will move this message to that thread.

In light of the new Loyalty Points scheme, decided to try AAdvantage Dining and noticed they had an offer to get 1000 bonus points if you had two restaurant visits within the first 30 days. However not seeing the bonus points, even though it has been 6 days since the second visit. Does it take longer? Anyone else have issues?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Maybe I didnt do the search correctly, but I didnt see any threads for questions around AAdvantage Dining.

If there is Im sure the mods will move this message to that thread.

In light of the new Loyalty Points scheme, decided to try AAdvantage Dining and noticed they had an offer to get 1000 bonus points if you had two restaurant visits within the first 30 days. However not seeing the bonus points, even though it has been 6 days since the second visit. Does it take longer? Anyone else have issues?
Yes, the special offers do take a few extra days. If you don't see them in your AADining account in a few days, I'd reach out to them by email. They have, in my experience, quite responsive customer service.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:51 am

FYI you might need to complete a review to get the bonus. I did mine more than 10 days ago though and still waiting
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For people who are new to these dining rewards, you get 3 miles per dollar until you have 11 "dines" (transactions) in a calendar year, and then starting with your 12th, you are "VIP" and you get 5.

For the drinkers out there, a nice trick to fast-track to VIP is to sit at the bar and not run a tab. Close out after every drink; every charge is a separate "dine".
cmtlatitudes likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
For the drinkers out there, a nice trick to fast-track to VIP is to sit at the bar and not run a tab. Close out after every drink; every charge is a separate "dine".
Cool trick!
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Pizza Guy, meet the Pudding Guy.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
FYI you might need to complete a review to get the bonus. I did mine more than 10 days ago though and still waiting
Yeah, I see that mentioned sometimes as a requirements. But the visits were via ChowNow - how do you complete a review as I didnt see anything on the website.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:48 pm

I haven't used ChowNow. If you can write a review for your dining, there will be a link to it in the Status column of this page.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
I haven't used ChowNow. If you can write a review for your dining, there will be a link to it in the Status column of this page.
For me, that column just shows a non hyperlinked paid date. Ive emailed them so will see what they come back with. Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
For people who are new to these dining rewards, you get 3 miles per dollar until you have 11 "dines" (transactions) in a calendar year, and then starting with your 12th, you are "VIP" and you get 5.

Will work really well until your credit card is shut down for multiple transactions at the same merchant in a short period of time.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Herb687
Will work really well until your credit card is shut down for multiple transactions at the same merchant in a short period of time.
That's never happened to me. Buying drinks at a bar one at a time is not uncommon at all (maybe less so at a restaurant bar, but there are lots of places, like nightclubs, where you can't run a tab and have to pay per drink).

Worst case, Citi sends you a text asking if it's really you, you text back "1" for yes, and you keep drinking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.