Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Dining questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by roadtriper
Sounds like were not far from each other! Here in Central Me. it's a AADining wasteland, only a handful of restaurants remaining in Maine. they are all Portland and south. I've pretty much given up on AAD, even traveling to Las Vegas the options aren't what they once were RT
Wow great to meet a fellow Mainer on here! Another option is portland pie but be careful - they only pay out on 2-3 days of the week! Eek! Let me know if you wanna do a meetup sometime. I used to run a series of PWM Meetups.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Exp, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Wyndham & Caesars Diamond,
For Reference, the new AA Dining OpenTable reservation bonus of 150 miles for making and showing up to a reservation does NOT get loyalty points, just 150 bonus award miles. Had an April 17 dine that posted already.
cmtlatitudes likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by andromitocks
For Reference, the new AA Dining OpenTable reservation bonus of 150 miles for making and showing up to a reservation does NOT get loyalty points, just 150 bonus award miles. Had an April 17 dine that posted already.
Thanks for letting us know. Maybe I'd have tried it for the LPs. 150 miles is no where near enough to entice me to deal with a third party booking site.

In general, my dining posting times seem much improved over the last few months. I usually have an immediate confirmation email when my card is swiped, and the points have all posted 2-3 days later without issue or intervention. Big improvement from last year.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 11:47 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
How does it work? You make an OpenTable reservation at a AAD restaurant, show up, dine, and the 150 miles automagically post? No need to register or somehow link your OpenTable account to your AA or AAD accounts?
Old Apr 21, 2024, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
How does it work? You make an OpenTable reservation at a AAD restaurant, show up, dine, and the 150 miles automagically post? No need to register or somehow link your OpenTable account to your AA or AAD accounts?
it is link via the credit card you have registered on the AAD site
Old Apr 21, 2024, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Wyndham & Caesars Diamond,
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
You make the OpenTable reservation while on the AA dine website or app- it shows up with some restaurants. Then go to restaurant, pay with a credit card that is registered on AA dine, and yep Automagically posted.

Place was a typical Chicago Dime-A-Dozen pizzeria, went for lunch, made the OT reservation 15 minutes before we went, in the middle of the day.

Sadly, this OpenTable 'bonus benefit' is in no way any sort of substitution for the hundreds of restaurants, within 50 miles of my home, lost with ChowNow. *criesinhisredpepperflakes*
Old Apr 23, 2024, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
You make the OpenTable reservation while on the AA dine website or app- it shows up with some restaurants. Then go to restaurant, pay with a credit card that is registered on AA dine, and yep Automagically posted.

Place was a typical Chicago Dime-A-Dozen pizzeria, went for lunch, made the OT reservation 15 minutes before we went, in the middle of the day.

Sadly, this OpenTable 'bonus benefit' is in no way any sort of substitution for the hundreds of restaurants, within 50 miles of my home, lost with ChowNow. *criesinhisredpepperflakes*
I do not see any link to OpenTable/reservations on the site. Can you be a little more specific as to how to find it? Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I do not see any link to OpenTable/reservations on the site. Can you be a little more specific as to how to find it? Thanks.
Log into your dining account. Click on the specific restaurant so that it opens as a full page. If it is part of the Open Table scheme, then the OT reservation link will pop up. You can book from there and you will then receive a confirmation email directly from OpenTable. Not all restaurants participate in the OT scheme. In San Francisco, it seems to be many, but definitely not all.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Log into your dining account. Click on the specific restaurant so that it opens as a full page. If it is part of the Open Table scheme, then the OT reservation link will pop up. You can book from there and you will then receive a confirmation email directly from OpenTable. Not all restaurants participate in the OT scheme. In San Francisco, it seems to be many, but definitely not all.
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.