AAdvantage Dining questions

Old Aug 1, 2023, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
Sorry to be a cheapskate but trying to get to the 12th dine quickly for extra miles .

Can anyone advise cheapest places yo go that would trigger a dine?a shake or something?

Also,in the same restaurant if you split the cheque would this count as two dines? thanks
maybe try splitting bill with a 2nd credit card you have which is ALSO registered to earn miles?
Old Aug 23, 2023, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Award Miles vs. Loyalty Points

Why are the amount of award miles earned different from the amount loyalty points earned in the AAdvantage dining program?
Old Aug 23, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by mikeybond
Why are the amount of award miles earned different from the amount loyalty points earned in the AAdvantage dining program?
They shouldn't be (unless you've reached the 20%/30% thresholds for extra LP's).
Old Aug 23, 2023, 5:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by mikeybond
They shouldnt be, unless you are in one of the loyalty award periods where you are earning a 20%/30% bonus on LPs.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Ah, that explains it. Thank you!
Old Aug 24, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
No. In the distant past I vaguely remember some bonuses for providing reviews, but you certainly don't need to provide one just to get credit for the dine.

-FlyerBeek
Yes, many years ago the dining programs (i was doing WN at the time) used to award 10 extra miles for posting a review. I wish it were still the same way.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 7:11 am

Do I still need to use the Physical card and Apple Pay wont work or is it easy enough to send Customer Service the receipt to get the miles?

if not, theres any other type of dining reward service, allow Apple Pay or Google pay

Last edited by sam007; Oct 14, 2023 at 8:23 am
Old Oct 14, 2023, 12:19 pm

I've found that Apple Pay works, at least when you do online ordering.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
Do I still need to use the Physical card and Apple Pay wont work or is it easy enough to send Customer Service the receipt to get the miles?

if not, theres any other type of dining reward service, allow Apple Pay or Google pay
For in person, Apple Pay wasnt registering since they are matching against the card number and Apple Pay vs physical card have different numbers. But I was able to send the receipt which showed the Apple Pay purchased was tied the physical card number that I had registered and received the credit.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by bpc3qh
I've found that Apple Pay works, at least when you do online ordering.
Correct. Works for online chownow. Altho I suspect there's some sort of cookies going on since you have to use the AAD link - you can't order thru the chownow site/app (or so they claim - haven't tested).
Old Oct 15, 2023, 8:31 am

I only need to know if Apple Pay works for in store or restaurant dining
Old Oct 15, 2023, 9:07 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I only have two datapoints from the same restaurant but two visits where I used Apple Pay at a local coffee shop (Coffee & Crepes in Cary NC) were correctly credited for both miles and LPs.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Perhaps you should be the data point you seek?

Regards
Old Oct 27, 2023, 9:49 am

I had my 10th visit this morning at a participating restaurant in AA's Dining program.

Starting with #11, the earn goes from 3 LPs/$ to 5.

If I were to have dinner at a participating restaurant tonight or tomorrow, will it qualify for the higher points? Or is this similar to the LP bonuses -- won't kick in until the 10th visit has actually posted to AA account? (at least not without additional effort & machinations).
Old Oct 27, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
I had my 10th visit this morning at a participating restaurant in AA's Dining program.

Starting with #11, the earn goes from 3 LPs/$ to 5.

If I were to have dinner at a participating restaurant tonight or tomorrow, will it qualify for the higher points? Or is this similar to the LP bonuses -- won't kick in until the 10th visit has actually posted to AA account? (at least not without additional effort & machinations).
Your 11th posted visit will post at 5x. Whether that is your breakfast or dinner will depend on the order they post in, which is not always consistent.
cmtlatitudes likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.