Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I'm flying JFK / LHR on Friday, I can guest in one IIRC if someone wants to go, preferably frequent poster.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Glad to hear FL & FFD are coming back. Will try them out on my MIA-LAX-MIA, on 77W.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by donotblink
I'm flying JFK / LHR on Friday, I can guest in one IIRC if someone wants to go, preferably frequent poster.
Thats very nice of you.. What time Friday and are you in F or J?

I was wondering actually last week about this same idea. I wanted to post about if we can set up a thread for Guesting ppl into FL/FFD. I'd help someone and guest them in any time and it would be cool to get the same benefit in a situation where I dont have access.

I imagine this is something that has been discussed and pre Covid maybe this community was doing?

I have 2 upcoming FFD trips but of course first I have to make my usual terminal pass to look for a pretty young lady to take in but if that Fails you all are welcome to join
Old Sep 14, 2021, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by kelix
thanks for that!

anyone know what lounge EY use on outbound from T5 in ORD these days?

I guess in LAS As there is no domestic F access for AA I’ll use lounge key for “The Club” on the return leg.
It's the Air France/KLM lounge which is a below average priority pass lounge. I can't imagine flying The Residence and that's your ground experience...
Old Sep 14, 2021, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by lunchtime
Sitting in the AA Flagship lounge right now at JFK. Arrived off of a red-eye and granted access immediately.

Pretty much having flashbacks to 2019....
Showers were open ( i used it)
Buffet was pretty much the exact breakfast options of the past
Make your own bloodie mary station
make your own mamosa station
offering a glass of champagne on arrival
Cofffee bar and drinks were all self service
Regular glass cups, regular real plates, Paper Napkins

Compared to my admirals lounge experience a week ago........this was like the exact opposite. Tons of space and good stuff. Really what you remember from 2019 as of right now, not sure if things will change. Lots of AA people watching the experience and greeting everyone welcoming us back.
Was the Bridge open and serving a la carte options?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Was the Bridge open and serving a la carte options?
Your gonna need to be more detailed in your question. I was there at breakfast and food options looked identical to the past(for now). It was all self service buffet which I was shocked by. Lots of AA staff watching the opening so don't be surprised if things change .Opening day looked just like 2019
simonsuo likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Thats very nice of you.. What time Friday and are you in F or J?

I was wondering actually last week about this same idea. I wanted to post about if we can set up a thread for Guesting ppl into FL/FFD. I'd help someone and guest them in any time and it would be cool to get the same benefit in a situation where I dont have access.

I imagine this is something that has been discussed and pre Covid maybe this community was doing?

I have 2 upcoming FFD trips but of course first I have to make my usual terminal pass to look for a pretty young lady to take in but if that Fails you all are welcome to join
I'm in J. I'm on the later flight to LHR, but as you might have seen in another thread, I'm contemplating moving to the earlier one. I could potentially work from the lounge most of the day if I take that earlier flight.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 9:06 pm

Your gonna need to be more detailed in your question. I was there at breakfast and food options looked identical to the past(for now). It was all self service buffet which I was shocked by. Lots of AA staff watching the opening so don't be surprised if things change .Opening day looked just like 2019
Yes I noticed you had said it felt very 2019 and lots of buffet options but I was just inquiring solely about the area when you turn right where in the past they had a la carte options and a separate bar area with good cocktails. I enjoyed the whole tropical vibe of that area. When not having FFD that was my Go to spot. Even sometimes when I had FFD.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 10:30 pm
Suspended

it sounds like you dont know what the bridge is. It is a secret section within the flagship complex. Although not that secret anymore because its connected to the main lounge.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 10:32 pm
Suspended

a bummer nothing has really changed, except now you get Champaign when you enter. I wish they would upgrade the food, the Buffett really doesn't offer that many good dishes. A la carte would have been nice. They also announced that flagship first dining access will be expanded with details announced soon. That will be intresting.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by General99
a bummer nothing has really changed, except now you get Champaign when you enter. I wish they would upgrade the food, the Buffett really doesn't offer that many good dishes. A la carte would have been nice. They also announced that flagship first dining access will be expanded with details announced soon. That will be intresting.
Agree on the buffet.. Never really that impressed. A la carte would be cool but if its just AC kitchen food then No.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:32 am

Question for those who are familiar with Flagship F dining

My partner is going to the US soon on a work trip, (his work company booked him in J but he upgraded to F with a systemwide upgrade).

When you have your meal and drinks in the FFD section, do you leave a tip at the end? I know the US has a big tipping culture. We tip accordingly in restaurants/bars but in the airport lounge I’m confused. From what I see, in the FFD you have someone bringing you the food and serving your drinks, so it’s waiter service..? If tip is expected or would be polite and the right thing to do, how much do you guys recommend leaving?

We also ask because he’d like to have some cash to tip if it’s expected…(when we leave a country we try to get rid of the paper currency as much as we can if it’s not the Euro which we use).
Old Sep 15, 2021, 4:05 am

GREAT question NickRivas!.. I always tip after a meal in FFD. The servers are quite excellent and the service is usually great as well.. They really appreciate the tips , and now , I would expect even more!
tfizzle likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by NickRivas
When you have your meal and drinks in the FFD section, do you leave a tip at the end? I know the US has a big tipping culture. We tip accordingly in restaurants/bars but in the airport lounge I’m confused. From what I see, in the FFD you have someone bringing you the food and serving your drinks, so it’s waiter service..? If tip is expected or would be polite and the right thing to do, how much do you guys recommend leaving?
IME, tipping is very much expected in FFD. Depending on the airport, sometimes they left you a little clipboard at the end of your meal where it was clearly implied tipping was expected. I always just left a $20 - whether I had a full meal or stopped in for a nightcap/dessert upon arrival. The service always seemed to at least justify that amount, in my opinion. YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 15, 2021, 6:34 am

We will still tip because we feel it’s the right thing

however, someone sometime back contacted someone from AA and apparently tipping isn’t supposed to be allowed in FFD but most of the workers will take the tip

https://viewfromthewing.com/settling...ipping-debate/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.