Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA PP
Thank you so much!
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by MountieHoosier
Does this have to be done with every booking?
Thank you, I haven't flown any other OneWorld partners before.
Yes, just like your AA frequent flyer number has to be put in to every AA reservation. Your corporate booking system can probably do that if you use one. Alaskaair.com also lets you save an AA frequent flyer number in your profile, though you may have to have an Alaska frequent flyer number to create an account (not sure).
Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Did the premium class for EXP +1 roll out yet? I have a ticket with 3 passenger booked a month ago and all 3 are still in the main cabin, not on a Saver X fare. Premium class is wide open.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Searched the thread but if it's been addressed I missed it. Traveling in paid F EWR-SEA on a Horizon 739. Will I have lounge access at either end? EXP and AC member if that's relevant. And what kind of meal service should I expect?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by vasantn
Searched the thread but if it's been addressed I missed it. Traveling in paid F EWR-SEA on a Horizon 739. Will I have lounge access at either end? EXP and AC member if that's relevant. And what kind of meal service should I expect?
According to this page paid first class passengers get lounge access regardless of status.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...cies-and-rules

Did the premium class for EXP +1 roll out yet? I have a ticket with 3 passenger booked a month ago and all 3 are still in the main cabin, not on a Saver X fare. Premium class is wide open.
I have been upgraded to premium class with a companion, but it required a call and 30 minutes on hold. eh. My guess is you’ll have to call in and get the PNR split and the request the premium class seats. If there are premium class seats available they should assign them immediately. If your experience is different welcome you sharing how it went.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
EWR-SEA route should be operated by mainline only. I can't find that flight number though. All paid F have access to AS lounge incl. on arrival. For EWR AC, you will need your AC membership. Status doesn't matter on this route regarding lounge access. See What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021) you can expect a decent full-service meal with 2 choices or a cold fruit cheese platter, warmed cookie, and a snack basket. Full bar.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Thank you.
Originally Posted by simonsuo
EWR-SEA route should be operated by mainline only.
Yes, I think Google Flights displayed the wrong information. It's an AS mainline flight, no. 791.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
AC member
You are an AC member, you will get lounge access regardless of fare class, just like flying AA.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Elite Benefits on Alaskan

Do any of the elite benefits on AS, such as priority boarding, and free checked luggage, extend to a companion traveling with the elite member?
Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2021, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Wexflyer
Do any of the elite benefits on AS, such as priority boarding, and free checked luggage, extend to a companion traveling with the elite member?
Thanks
To answer my own question: While the AA website does not seem to address this obvious question, the AS site does. Companions are covered.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
What's "Alaskan?"
Old Sep 13, 2021, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ty Vil
What's "Alaskan?"
A Oneworld partner of BritAir....
Abidjan, Ty Vil, jcatman and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Yes. I'm AA EXP and traveled with my spouse SFO-ANC last month. Received baggage allowance, preferred seating (Row 7, but not upgraded to first) and was able to access the club in ANC.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:13 pm

What's "Alaskan?"
what's passive aggressive / anal retentive?
OP got the AS code correct, I doubt anyone including yourself didn't know what airline OP was talking about.
But thanks for helping
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
What's "Alaskan?"
The great airline of Alaska, of course :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.