Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2023, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Not sure if I have seen this question before...

I have a trip booked on Alaska in December and I'm crediting the flight to AA. When I booked the trip I was Platinum Pro and I'm pretty sure I'll be EXP when I take the flight. Will I get the PPRO multiplier or the EXP multiplier for mileage credit? As far as I know all Alaska sees is that I'm Oneworld Emerald in both cases.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Flying IAD-SAN today. Bought the tix a while back and was happy enough as an AA plat with the premium seats (front of economy cabin). My partner and I got upgraded to first at about T-23, which was a shock given the low percentage of upgrades I get on AA, much less for a companion. Good times.
Dedicated likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Apologies if this is the wrong thread. I booked LIH-SEA-PIT on AS in N class, AA Platinum Pro. I got upgraded SEA-PIT and the fare class on my BP was U. Will I earn miles on the SEA-PIT sector since the underlying fare class was N? LIH-SEA posted right after the flight, but SEA-PIT has not posted yet and it has been a little over 24 hours. Wondering if I should just wait it out or if I need to contact AA. Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2023, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Apologies if this is the wrong thread. I booked LIH-SEA-PIT on AS in N class, AA Platinum Pro. I got upgraded SEA-PIT and the fare class on my BP was U. Will I earn miles on the SEA-PIT sector since the underlying fare class was N? LIH-SEA posted right after the flight, but SEA-PIT has not posted yet and it has been a little over 24 hours. Wondering if I should just wait it out or if I need to contact AA. Thanks!
i dont know if this is relevant but when my husband credits his as flights to aa the miles come through as a rt not 2 ows. kept looking for the retun flight until i figured it out

apologies for the typing but i broke my right arm hard to shift with just one hand
Old Nov 30, 2023, 12:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Yes, you should earn as if it were in N class. AS flights usually credit to AA weekly IME (usually posts late Tuesday), so maybe your SEA-PIT missed the cutoff for that. If the flight was in the past couple days, I'd wait until next Wednesday to see if it credits before contacting AA.
sadiqhassan likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Looking at booking a trip (US to Mexico) on AA for one AS Gold (OneWorld Sapphire) and two non-status companions. Do I have this right?

If I book regular economy, the AS Gold elite can take the two other companions into MCE, and the seats can be selected free of charge at booking. Also, OWS member gets two free bags (do the companions get any bags?)

If I book basic economy, the AS Gold benefit doesn't provide any seat selection benefit since that is only given for free to AAdvantage elites. But OneWorld Sapphire status still provides those two free bags to the elite?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:51 pm

I am currently and will be AA Gold. When trying to book AS flight using MVP upgrade type, I receive an error message stating only 1 ticket can be purchased. Is this correct? I was hoping to book flights for my wife and I and receive the premium seat and baggage benefit. Any advice?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 8:48 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
If I book an economy award on AS using AA miles as an EXP, will I be able to select a premium class seat and will I be eligible for first class upgrade?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 8:58 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by AAway
If I book an economy award on AS using AA miles as an EXP, will I be able to select a premium class seat and will I be eligible for first class upgrade?
Yes, you will be able to select a premium seat, sometimes the system will make you pay prior to confirming the ticket. So you just need to come back after purchase and select your seat after confirmation to avoid the charge. Sometimes even AS eligible members are charged due to IT problems, so you can reach out to CS if that happens.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...a-airlines.jsp
Old Feb 15, 2024, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by safari ari
Yes, you will be able to select a premium seat, sometimes the system will make you pay prior to confirming the ticket. So you just need to come back after purchase and select your seat after confirmation to avoid the charge. Sometimes even AS eligible members are charged due to IT problems, so you can reach out to CS if that happens.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...a-airlines.jsp
Thank you. I had reviewed that page, knew to avoid the X fares, but I couldn't find where it spoke to award tickets (which I think are T fare code?).
Anyway, good to know about the premium seats. Now, what about first class waitlist, are those eligible on award tickets?
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
How long is it taking miles/points earned on an AS flight to hit your accounts?

we took a trip to YLW and flew SEA-YLW-SEA on paid AS tickets booked on the AS website. The out bound was on 2/10 and we returned on 2/18. As of today (2/24) neither segment has hit my AA account. I know my AA number was active on the reservation as I was upgraded on the return flight (I have no AS status). I know floghts on partner flights can take a bit but it’s been over 2 weeks since the outbound…that seems like quite a while to wait…
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by FlyingLaw
How long is it taking miles/points earned on an AS flight to hit your accounts?

we took a trip to YLW and flew SEA-YLW-SEA on paid AS tickets booked on the AS website. The out bound was on 2/10 and we returned on 2/18. As of today (2/24) neither segment has hit my AA account. I know my AA number was active on the reservation as I was upgraded on the return flight (I have no AS status). I know floghts on partner flights can take a bit but it’s been over 2 weeks since the outbound…that seems like quite a while to wait…
The outbound not posting yet would have me concerned.

AS flights usually post late Tuesday night. I’ve even had Sunday flights (your inbound day) routinely post a couple days later that same week, although I recall at least once it took until the following week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.