Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2023, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by ashill
no idea if the boarding pass will say Emerald.
BP listed OWE. Still placed on waitlist for AS lounge due to overcrowding and lounge members having priority.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 9:56 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just booked a cash fare on AS through AMEX Travel.

I went to AS's website and entered my AA EXP #.

How long does it take to update the reservation so I can choose better seats?

EDIT: Wow....it took about 3 minutes....and it automatically moved me into the front row (6A) of Y in their Premium Seats.

Very cool!
econ, MarkY123 and A CT Yankee like this.

Last edited by 355F1; Sep 19, 2023 at 7:54 pm
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: Alaska - MVP Gold; Hilton - Diamond; Hyatt - Explorist;
How many AA Main Cabin Extra companion seats do AS MVP Gold members get on the same reservation? If it's only one companion then do you advise splitting the reservation to utilize the benefit? The Alaska site doesn't specify. Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2023, 3:52 am

Apologies if this is a silly question or if the answer is posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find a clear answer. If I'm OneWorld Emerald through Alaksa and want to receive benefits on American, do I have to credit my American flights to Alaska? Is there a way to receive the benefits from Alaksa status while flying on and earning with American? Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 5:01 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by rdukrk
Apologies if this is a silly question or if the answer is posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find a clear answer. If I'm OneWorld Emerald through Alaksa and want to receive benefits on American, do I have to credit my American flights to Alaska? Is there a way to receive the benefits from Alaksa status while flying on and earning with American? Many thanks in advance.
Yes. If you want the benefits associated with the One World/AS partnership you'lll need to use your AS mileage plan number. If you want to credit/earn with AA, you'll need to use that number and your benefits won't apply.
rdukrk likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 2:13 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 355F1
Just booked a cash fare on AS through AMEX Travel.

I went to AS's website and entered my AA EXP #.

How long does it take to update the reservation so I can choose better seats?

EDIT: Wow....it took about 3 minutes....and it automatically moved me into the front row (6A) of Y in their Premium Seats.

Very cool!
Quoting myself here.

Just got upgraded to FC at T-119 (4.5 days in advance!) as an AA EXP.

Very cool!!!!
econ likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 12:35 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Wow. What a vastly better experience in F on AS than AA.

Free messaging......$8 wifi......what a great flight.

Flew PHX-PDX cash fare....upgraded to FC 4.5 days til departure as an EXP......every AS employee was friendly and smiling.....and I hate admitting this.....but wow....I have NEVER once had a GREAT breakfast on any AA domestic or INTN'L flight but this breakfast sandwich had a crispy shell....the sausage patty was mildly spicy with great flavor and the egg was good. The cinnamon flavored bar was so good.

I usually simply pass on AA's runny eggs/omelettes/etc but I must give AS compliments in showing me that a solid breakfast CAN BE DONE on a domestic flight.

KUDOS TO YOU, ALASKA AIRLINES!!!!! I hope to fly you again soon!!!!

Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Can someone tell me how to use AA miles to book a flight on AS? I've tried on both AA & AS websites but do not see the option. I see the flights I want available on the AS website but only AA flights are appearing on the AA website (even though I have "All Airlines" selected. Do I just have to call? Trying to get a nonstop mileage ticket from DCA to SFO.

Thanks,
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:12 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rebob
Can someone tell me how to use AA miles to book a flight on AS? I've tried on both AA & AS websites but do not see the option. I see the flights I want available on the AS website but only AA flights are appearing on the AA website (even though I have "All Airlines" selected. Do I just have to call? Trying to get a nonstop mileage ticket from DCA to SFO.

Thanks,
To use AA miles, you'll have to book with AA.com. A brief look at DCA-SFO for November reveals only a handful of dates where main cabin is available, and only 1 day with first available. It's likely the dates you're looking for don't have availability.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:15 pm

Got it. I've seen that inventory using AA miles on AS seems to be a lot lower than what AA shows in the past. I suppose there are some restrictions between the two.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:17 pm
S80

Got it. I've seen that inventory using AA miles on AS seems to be a lot lower than what AA shows in the past. I suppose there are some restrictions between the two.
Booking with partner airlines often requires saver space, which is getting increasingly hard to come by as airlines try to maximize revenue.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:20 pm

I don't get the AS flights on the AA website even when I try to search for PAID tickets.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:25 pm
S80

I don't get the AS flights on the AA website even when I try to search for PAID tickets.
Paid bookings on AA almost always require AA flight numbers, which are only available on a select number of AS routes (primarily to AS destinations that are not served at all by AA). AS7 and AS8 (the nonstop DCA/SFO flight) is only codeshared on by Qantas and Fiji, and not AA, which is why it isn't showing up when you search for paid flights. Award flights are the opposite (must be booked with the operating airline's flight number), which is why it does show up for award searches.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
If you're OK flying out of IAD instead of DCA, there are award seats on non-stop flights on AS to SFO on about half the days in November for 12.5K miles and $5.60. There are a couple of dates with seats from DCA. For example, on November 11, both AS7 DCA-SFO and AS435 IAD-SFO are available. It might be helpful to first go into award booking (pick any date, DCA-SFO). Then, from the following screen, select calendar view and filter for non-stop flights only.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 9:47 am
IHG Contributor Badge

DP: Flew AS on 4 days ago crediting to AA.

LPs/Miles posted today to my AA account for the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.