Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 14, 21, 12:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: BOB W
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 30, 20, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G

A slight change to this thread for 2021. Please include whether a menu card and snack basket were offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:

Snack basket offered (Y/N):

2021...Here we come!!! May the food fight continue
Old Dec 31, 20, 9:13 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA PremEx-MM
Looking forward to the return of more substantial food in 2021!
Old Jan 2, 21, 12:20 pm

Date: 1/2/21
Route: KOA-SEA
Flight Number: 854
Departure time: 12:30pm
Menu: Yes on Android App, not in cabin
Meal description: Lunch: Fruit & Cheese Plate or Harvest Smoked Turkey Sandwich (Thin-sliced, smoked turkey breast with Smoked Provolone, creamy Artichoke spread, fresh tomato, crisp cucumber, and peppery arugula on a soft artisan ciabatta roll. Served with scallion aioli and a Seattle chocolate).

Snack basket offered: Yes (Chex Mix, PopCorners, Kind Bars, stroopwafles) + hot chocolate chip cookie

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Jan 2, 21 at 10:31 pm
Old Jan 2, 21, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Route: BNA-SEA
Flight Number: AS1415
Departure time: 07:00
Menu: No menu / pre-order not available
Meal description: "A fruit and yogurt plate" + snack basket midflight
A disappointing start to 2021. No F&C or breakfast sandwich offered and no cookie... This was pitiful for a 4.5-hour flight. I'm assuming this is now standard fare for early AM departures from non-hub cities (with the plane sitting overnight). The crew were great though and it seemed like the FA was disappointed to be serving this.

Old Jan 2, 21, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
Flight Number: AS1415
Departure time: 07:00
Menu: No menu / pre-order not available
A disappointing start to 2021. No F&C or breakfast sandwich offered and no cookie... This was pitiful for a 4.5-hour flight. I'm assuming this is now standard fare for early AM departures from non-hub cities (with the plane sitting overnight). The crew were great though and it seemed like the FA was disappointed to be serving this.

I'm not sure this has to do with lack of catering at an outstation since the yogurt would still need refrigeration like the breakfast sandwich....and the cookies don't need refrigeration at all. I'm thinking more meal options have been added in January.
Old Jan 2, 21, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
I'm not sure this has to do with lack of catering at an outstation since the yogurt would still need refrigeration like the breakfast sandwich....and the cookies don't need refrigeration at all. I'm thinking more meal options have been added in January.
Assuming this was loaded in SEA and sat overnight on dry ice, I agree. If the yogurt can be kept safely I'd assume the F&C would be fine too. I was also confused by the announcement saying that food would not be offered for sale, but that if you had pre-ordered it, they would bring it to you. I assumed that this was just something said from memory and that they didn't actually offer pre-order F&C to main cabin.
Old Jan 2, 21, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
I was also confused by the announcement saying that food would not be offered for sale, but that if you had pre-ordered it, they would bring it to you. I assumed that this was just something said from memory and that they didn't actually offer pre-order F&C to main cabin.
I have heard this several times recently. Sitting in F, I did not see if any food was passed out in Y.
Old Jan 2, 21, 11:59 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, DL Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Assuming this was loaded in SEA and sat overnight on dry ice, I agree. If the yogurt can be kept safely I'd assume the F&C would be fine too. I was also confused by the announcement saying that food would not be offered for sale, but that if you had pre-ordered it, they would bring it to you. I assumed that this was just something said from memory and that they didn't actually offer pre-order F&C to main cabin.
Originally Posted by BOB W View Post
I have heard this several times recently. Sitting in F, I did not see if any food was passed out in Y.
Pre-order of the F&C platter has been available since at least early November. I have ordered it multiple times on flights since November 5th. They won't accept payment during the flight so pre-order & payment details need to be provided before the catering cutoff time. I say payment details because you aren't charged until it is served to you on the flight. A miss-cater which happened on one flight or an upgrade to F means you won't be charged.

On my recent SJO-LAX flight, the only pre-order option was the protien platter I mentioned earlier with Ckicken, Cheese, Humus, Pita Bread, Carrot Stick & Almonds.

They are distributed just prior to drink service.

James
Old Jan 3, 21, 9:34 am
formerly damnyourefine

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA P70K
I decided to give the ham and brie wrap a try; I am not a fan. While itís nice to have a change from the chicken curry wrap, the H&B wrap was essentially a huge block of cheese and a wrap.

Definitely going to stick with the F&C platter for now.
Old Jan 3, 21, 10:01 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA PremEx-MM

We get this Denver-Seattle sometimes. Absolutely hate it. On a 4-plus-hour flight I would be very unhappy.
Old Jan 3, 21, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL GM, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
FlyFit yogurt doesn't require refrigeration. (Yuck)

Some references:
https://haco.us.com/products/bars/
https://www.pax-intl.com/product-new.../#.X_KDv6uSlYg
Old Jan 4, 21, 3:56 pm

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Date: 1/3/21
Route: SBP-SEA
Flight Number: 3417
Departure time: 1430
Menu: No

Options were a "turkey bacon wrap" or the fruit and cheese plate. Everyone in F went for the F&C plate but I did see the wrap, it looked to be in a red tortilla. Haven't seen this option before but was on a turn catered out of SEA.

Warmed chocolate chip cookies presented on descent. No snack basket.
Old Jan 4, 21, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W View Post
No booze in Y. Nothing was passed out in Y.
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 4, 21, 4:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
Date: 1/3/21
Route: SBP-SEA
Flight Number: 3417
Departure time: 1430
Menu: No

Options were a "turkey bacon wrap" or the fruit and cheese plate. Everyone in F went for the F&C plate but I did see the wrap, it looked to be in a red tortilla. Haven't seen this option before but was on a turn catered out of SEA.

Warmed chocolate chip cookies presented on descent. No snack basket.
Did someone say BACON???? Yum....talk about the perfect combo...turkey/bacon sandwich with a chocolate chip cookie! There have been enough reports of different meals being served in F than what's posted on the website so I think there are probably 2 or 3 options floating around now besides the standard fruit and cheese plate.
Old Jan 4, 21, 4:42 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, DL Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Did someone say BACON???? Yum....talk about the perfect combo...turkey/bacon sandwich with a chocolate chip cookie! There have been enough reports of different meals being served in F than what's posted on the website so I think there are probably 2 or 3 options floating around now besides the standard fruit and cheese plate.
Now, does the wrap have turkey & bacon or bacon derived from turkey? Either way, Turkey is a long ways away. I anticipate it is catered overnight from Istan(turkey) and that's no Bul... The chocochips cookies are good once cooled but too many chips to be "rolling in the dough!"

James

Search this Thread
Search Engine: