Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
What fare class did you purchase? AS 75K/100K (AA CK, EXP, PPRO) can select Premium Class on any non-Saver Main cabin fare. In the case of AA Elites, seat selection in Premium Class is available after purchase. Equivalent AS Elites can choose during booking.
We booked S and N fare classes for a flight more than 72 hrs in the future, both eligible for AA Plat to get Premium Class after purchase, which is what happened. What was unclear to me was whether the benefit would be extended to a companion, which it was.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by dciolli
Has anyone had issues with AS flights posting the last few weeks since the change to LPs? I flew AS on 3/10 and 3/14 but they didn't post last night as I was expecting (both me and others have seen AS flights post on Tuesday nights as confirmed in previous posts).
​​​​​​
Yes, I had AS flights on 3/1 & 3/2 which still haven't posted.
I tried to do online request for flight credit but it rejects AS ticket numbers and Airlines are not included with their other partner requests for missing points.
dciolli likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
Originally Posted by SFO voyageur
​​​​​​
I tried to do online request for flight credit but it rejects AS ticket numbers and Airlines are not included with their other partner requests for missing points.
I had AS flights on 3/7 and 3/9 that have not posted. I was able to do an online request for credit, but haven't heard anything back yet.
dciolli likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Yes I am in the same boat. AS flight on 2/28 posted the next day. AS flights on 3/2 still hasn't posted. I filled out the missing mileage form today. Interestingly, the first time I tried to submit the form it was rejected because it didn't accept the AS ticket number. I just clicked "Continue" again and it went through to the next screen.
dciolli likes this.

Last edited by njvandy; Mar 16, 2022 at 9:13 pm
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
​​​​​​
Did you try clicking "Continue" a second time after receiving the error? That seemed to allow me to progress to the data entry screen.
njvandy likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by njvandy
Yes I am in the same boat. AS flight on 2/28 posted the next day. AS flights on 3/2 still hasn't posted. I filled out the missing mileage form today. Interestingly, the first time I tried to submit the form it was rejected because it didn't accept the AS ticket number. I just clicked "Continue" again and it went through to the next screen.
We have a flight from 3/1 that never posted. Called in, agent entered the info and was told to wait 10 days and if it didn’t post to call back in.
dciolli likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:51 pm

My AS flights from 3/1 & 3/2 posted this morning.
njvandy and dciolli like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
My AS flights from 3/1 & 3/2 posted this morning.
Same here
adambadam and dciolli like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Mine also posted on Friday morning.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
I posted this a few weeks ago and thought my question was merged to this thread but don't see it so apologies if it is here and i missed it.

If I book an ORD-SNA operated by AA, but on a codeshare through Alaska, will I get the in-app or desktop offers to buy up to First Class? AA is selling the flight I want for $299 and AS has it priced at $199. Thanks

Last edited by chicago747; Mar 25, 2022 at 10:12 am
Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by chicago747
If I book an ORD-SNA operated by AA, but on a codeshare through Alaska, will I get the in-app or desktop offers to buy up to First Class? AA is selling the flight I want for $299 and AS has it priced at $199. Thanks
I did not see any for purchase options today, while doing something similar. And bonus, have another similar question for the experts here...

I'm AA EXP (no AS status) and booked an AS codeshare operated by AA (AS Coach, "M" fare), approx two weeks out from travel. Check in happened on AA app, but when I got to the airport, noticed I wasn't on the upgrade wait list. I did however have the usual group 1 boarding and free MCE access that I would typically expect, so my status is present for some of the amenities...just no upgrades wait list?

I was a bit confused, especially flying AA metal with EXP printed on my ticket. Maybe it actually would have worked better had it been on AS metal...

So I called the EXP line, and they said they couldn't do anything on their end, try the airport AAgents, but neither the front desk nor the gate agent could manually move me onto the upgrade wait list either.

Is this expected codeshare upgrade behavior?

Cheers,
Mike
chicago747 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Is there a way to see my AS reservation on the AA app? I am flying an AS flight (not operated by AA). Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I can't seem to find confirmation RE how many bag waivers AS elites now earn when flying AA...? Apologies if I missed this elsewhere!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by ckendall
Is there a way to see my AS reservation on the AA app? I am flying an AS flight (not operated by AA). Thanks.
No, only itineraries that have at least 1 AA flight will show on the AA app.
You can use a 3rd party app, such as TripIt, to house all of your travel (including car and hotel). See the TravelTools forum for more info.
ckendall likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
So I booked a trip on Alaska as a Plt pro. Allowed me to select premium seats after I put my AA number in, shows my correct baggage allowance and one world emerald however after I checkin I do not show on the upgrade list. Anyone knows what gives? I even called two weeks ago and the agent confirmed I was waitlisted...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.