FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030931-krug-alert-sale-mia-d30-admirals-club-others.html)

platbrownguy Jan 1, 2021 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by perigord (Post 32929064)
Happy new year from LAX AC! No dice with glass flutes today - still a great way to start 2021.

And no stainless steel wine chiller either? Don't they know who you are?!

ijgordon Jan 1, 2021 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 32927589)
Went to the Veuve house in Reims last year and our guide had nothing good to say about their NV ("one must drink vintage champagne with good friends, toujours!" and the like). I think it's a good product (Mumm? Ick!) but you know what they say about taste... in any event, if you get the chance to try La Grande Dame (either the brut or the rose), it's really nice. Also the 1990 Veuve Rose is amazing (they have a delayed release of it, "cave privee," so you can buy a bottle that was corked in the past few years, etc., and still has its bubbles). Have only had d'Yquem on QR!

I think the GH Mumm Cordon Rouge gets a bad rap for some reason; I find it good value. Will put La Grande Dame on the list...

worldtrav Jan 2, 2021 9:55 am

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32929494)
Honestly I think the preferred method of consumption when no glass is available is to just drink it straight out of the bottle. ;)

Classy!

rhg247 Jan 5, 2021 10:36 pm

Has anyone seen this available in CLT? Or is it only in the Flagship First clubs?

platbrownguy Jan 5, 2021 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by rhg247 (Post 32942369)
Has anyone seen this available in CLT? Or is it only in the Flagship First clubs?

Only in Admirals Clubs located in the same terminal as a former Flagship First Dining location. I have checked at CLT and DEN in the last week just to be sure...

rhg247 Jan 6, 2021 7:52 am

Thank you for doing the research :)

SEA737 Jan 9, 2021 5:43 pm

Has anyone confirmed if this is available in the D terminal AC in DFW? Since it’s on JFK, MIA, and LAX I’d imagine, but a confirmed report would be reassuring.

SEA737 Jan 10, 2021 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by SEA737 (Post 32955028)
Has anyone confirmed if this is available in the D terminal AC in DFW? Since it’s on JFK, MIA, and LAX I’d imagine, but a confirmed report would be reassuring.

Well, visited the AC in DFW D today and they didn’t have any. They did have the FFD reds (Le Pich was one I saw), so I wonder why no Krug at the moment.

platbrownguy Jan 10, 2021 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by SEA737 (Post 32957566)
Well, visited the AC in DFW D today and they didn’t have any. They did have the FFD reds (Le Pich was one I saw), so I wonder why no Krug at the moment.

Interesting. I wonder if they happened not to have any (unlikely), didn't have enough to make it worth the effort (could be), shipped it to JFK/LAX/MIA (very unlikely given the margin), or just didn't get the memo to include it...

Geordie405 Jan 18, 2021 5:06 pm

I’m currently in the very subdued club at LAX and they have it on sale here. I’ve splurged for a bottle and it was served in a stainless steel ice bucket with glass champagne flutes!

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...60494089f.jpeg
Krug on ice!

jcatman Jan 18, 2021 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie405 (Post 32978136)
I’m currently in the very subdued club at LAX and they have it on sale here. I’ve splurged for a bottle and it was served in a stainless steel ice bucket with glass champagne flutes!

Krug on ice!

Beautiful pic there, Geordie405. A welcome upgrade from what the LAX bartender served perigord on New Year's Day in post #103 above.

platbrownguy Jan 19, 2021 10:47 am

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 32978765)
Beautiful pic there, Geordie405. A welcome upgrade from what the LAX bartender served perigord on New Year's Day in post #103 above.

I just popped into DFW's D23 AC, and Krug is indeed on the menu here (whereas it wasn't on the menu at the A club when I went through there a couple weeks ago).

I didn't have time to ask if they actually had any in stock (let alone to drink one)... I only came in to grab a coffee before boarding (from D23, conveniently, though the coffee machine was unfortunately out of order).

perigord Jan 19, 2021 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 32978765)

I am very envious of the proper setup!

platbrownguy Jan 19, 2021 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by perigord (Post 32980238)
I am very envious of the proper setup!

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

No shade to perigord, but I think we need to produce something like this before we can say "the proper" setup!

perigord Jan 20, 2021 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 32980338)
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

No shade to perigord, but I think we need to produce something like this before we can say "the proper" setup!

Amazing how plastic cups can reset expectations. Just be on the on the lookout for clearance caviar being served in metal bowls and with metal spoons; plastics explicitly forbidden to prevent “downgrading” the premium product.