FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030931-krug-alert-sale-mia-d30-admirals-club-others.html)

platbrownguy Dec 30, 20 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 32925592)
Hmm, for some reason I never realized Krug was LVMH. :o Possibly explains why I've never been particularly enamored of it - I don't care for Moet & Chandon at all, and not so crazy about Dom either. :)

Haha, LVMH owns Veuve too. And Ruinart. And Chateau d'Yquem!

I've never thought too hard about the owner... Maker's Mark still tastes the same now as it did before Suntory bought it...

keitherson Dec 30, 20 10:47 pm

They are never going to reopen Flagship Dining if you guys keep spending money on bottles of Krug like this in the AC. :D

taxatty56 Dec 31, 20 10:52 am

It was at the D30 AC bar last night, the beautiful gold foil-wrapped bottle displayed in the middle up front. Too bad we weren't there long enough to imbibe.

rayfes Dec 31, 20 2:52 pm

And I didn't end up being able to stop by the D AC yesterday due to successfully catching an earlier flight even with the return to the gate while ATC was disinfected. But the FA on inbound DFW flt was generous with the Woodford. I don't even bother asking if they have scotch anymore.

ijgordon Dec 31, 20 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 32925616)
Haha, LVMH owns Veuve too. And Ruinart. And Chateau d'Yquem!

Well that explains why I dont think Veuve NV is all that (particularly at the price; Id rather have a <$40 Piper, PJ, or Mumms), although Ive had the VC vintage Rose and it was very good. Have never had Ruinart and unfortunately no dYquem either!.

I've never thought too hard about the owner... Maker's Mark still tastes the same now as it did before Suntory bought it...
Well I thought maybe it was a style thing - assuming the brands are all operated completely independently (which may not be true), I attributed it to their M&A person just having different taste buds than myself. :)

platbrownguy Dec 31, 20 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 32927545)
Well that explains why I dont think Veuve NV is all that (particularly at the price; Id rather have a <$40 Piper, PJ, or Mumms), although Ive had the VC vintage Rose and it was very good. Have never had Ruinart and unfortunately no dYquem either!

Went to the Veuve house in Reims last year and our guide had nothing good to say about their NV ("one must drink vintage champagne with good friends, toujours!" and the like). I think it's a good product (Mumm? Ick!) but you know what they say about taste... in any event, if you get the chance to try La Grande Dame (either the brut or the rose), it's really nice. Also the 1990 Veuve Rose is amazing (they have a delayed release of it, "cave privee," so you can buy a bottle that was corked in the past few years, etc., and still has its bubbles). Have only had d'Yquem on QR!

zip10001 Dec 31, 20 5:17 pm

Nye @mia ac d30

Thanks to OP & all for this thread.

Here drinking Krug at MIA on NYE before flying back to NYC.

PSA: champagne does not go well with guacamole!

jcatman Dec 31, 20 5:18 pm

All this talk about Champagne. What is it, New Year's or something?

cmd320 Dec 31, 20 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 32927682)
All this talk about Champagne. What is it, New Year's or something?

Hah! Id drink it any day of the week.

donotblink Dec 31, 20 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by zip10001 (Post 32927679)
Thanks to OP & all for this thread.

Here drinking Krug at MIA on NYE before flying back to NYC.

PSA: champagne does not go well with gucacamole!

In JFK they have free tera chips at the bar which pared pretty well.

anaggie Dec 31, 20 7:44 pm

My next flight out of DFW is end of month .. hopefully there are some bottles left. I have a six hour layover on my way to GRU ... looking to have at least two bottles 🤪

cmd320 Dec 31, 20 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink (Post 32927935)
In JFK they have free tera chips at the bar which pared pretty well.

Wow, that JetBlue partnership is already paying dividends...

perigord Jan 1, 21 9:53 am

Happy new year from LAX AC! No dice with glass flutes today - still a great way to start 2021.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f0970b8e2.jpeg

worldtrav Jan 1, 21 12:22 pm

It almost brings a tear to my eyes to see Krug in a plastic glass.

cmd320 Jan 1, 21 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by worldtrav (Post 32929448)
It almost brings a tear to my eyes to see Krug in a plastic glass.

Honestly I think the preferred method of consumption when no glass is available is to just drink it straight out of the bottle. ;)