FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030931-krug-alert-sale-mia-d30-admirals-club-others.html)

platbrownguy Dec 28, 20 10:45 am


Originally Posted by MIAFlyer (Post 32918526)
Ordered my first (half) bottle of Krug today!

Bottle ID is the same 418038 as shown above.

Paired really well with the salmon avocado toast this morning.

Thanks again for sharing!

Awesome!

I was supposed to fly FLL-CLT-LAS today but due to IROPS ended up routing MIA-LAX-PHX-SGU (not bad for a $63.25 Amex Plat fare with upgrades cleared on all legs including flagship on the 777 TCON... cheaper than a half-bottle of Krug, lol). I only had 10 min in the AC though so no Krug for me in MIA. But if my MIA-LAX hurries up and leaves, I might have another in LAX.

I did find out that they sold 3 bottles this morning (by noon, when I popped in), so evidently MIAFlyer was not alone! I tried asking how deep the supplies were but couldn't get a straight answer. It does sound like they're selling it for just slightly above cost.

MIAFlyer Dec 28, 20 1:45 pm

I showed this thread to the bartender, told him that the word is getting out!

My next trip is not till February. Odds on any being left by then??

cmd320 Dec 28, 20 1:58 pm


Originally Posted by MIAFlyer (Post 32919385)
My next trip is not till February. Odds on any being left by then??

I wonder what their cost is on these and, being there seems to be demand, if they'll keep it on for purchase in the future.

ISTFlyer Dec 28, 20 2:19 pm

Currently in MIA D30 and could verify that there is Krug at the bar.

platbrownguy Dec 28, 20 2:56 pm


Originally Posted by MIAFlyer (Post 32919385)
I showed this thread to the bartender, told him that the word is getting out!

My next trip is not till February. Odds on any being left by then??

Hahaha, the bartender (Tony, nice guy) said to me, "yeah, sounds like they're advertising it now" -- I guess that was you!

My MIA-LAX ended up deplaning for maintenance, so I spent another hour in the lounge from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. and chatted a bit with a manager. He wouldn't tell me how deep the supplies were, but when I asked if it was a week-or-two kind of situation he said "no, probably two months." So you might be in luck!


Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32919433)
I wonder what their cost is on these and, being there seems to be demand, if they'll keep it on for purchase in the future.

AA is making approximately $9 per half-bottle on the Krug. They are liquidating all the FFD bottles of wine and champagne until they run out and then that's a wrap.


Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32919484)
Currently in MIA D30 and could verify that there is Krug at the bar.

We just missed each other! I didn't want to rush the Krug given the uncertainty of whether and when we would reboard our MIA-LAX, so I did the $11 flight of red wines, which is a great option:


Cthunder86 Dec 28, 20 4:40 pm

Krug is still available. Bartender told me 70 for half

platbrownguy Dec 28, 20 4:50 pm


Originally Posted by Cthunder86 (Post 32919770)
Krug is still available. Bartender told me 70 for half

Presumably that's after tax. (I think I paid ~$71ish at both MIA and LAX.)

ISTFlyer Dec 28, 20 4:59 pm


Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 32919785)
Presumably that's after tax. (I think I paid ~$71ish at both MIA and LAX.)

Itís $65 + tax
From the MIA QR code menu

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...30577cb7a9.png

donotblink Dec 28, 20 7:43 pm


Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32919794)
Itís $65 + tax
From the MIA QR code menu

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...30577cb7a9.png

anyone have any thoughts on whether or not any of the other wines are worth going out of the way for?

platbrownguy Dec 28, 20 7:56 pm


Originally Posted by donotblink (Post 32920032)
anyone have any thoughts on whether or not any of the other wines are worth going out of the way for?

Some folks above chimed in on the Groth cab and a few others. Several really decent selections. I enjoyed all 3 on the red flight, and I thought it was a great deal at $11. But I wouldn't reroute just for that :p

cmd320 Dec 28, 20 8:03 pm


Originally Posted by donotblink (Post 32920032)
anyone have any thoughts on whether or not any of the other wines are worth going out of the way for?

Kistler generally does some nice stuff, though Iíve only had their reds, not sure what the chard is like.

platbrownguy Dec 28, 20 8:13 pm


Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32920068)
Kistler generally does some nice stuff, though Iíve only had their reds, not sure what the chard is like.

Yeah no idea, I'm not really into Cali whites

Here's the red menu btw:


ikwia Dec 29, 20 1:24 am


Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32920068)
Kistler generally does some nice stuff, though Iíve only had their reds, not sure what the chard is like.

I've enjoyed plenty of Kistler chardonnay in FFD and have always enjoyed it. Nice flavors of lemon, vanilla, and caramel. One of my favorite chardonnays to drink by itself. The bottle price is actually quite good relative to the prices I'm seeing online.

The Groth cabernet is also very good. It is one of my go-tos for casual drinking at home and I was happy to see it in FFD.

FlyerBeek Dec 29, 20 9:18 pm

I'm pleased to report my purchase of Krug last week at the MIA AC automatically credited as part of my AMEX Airline Fee reimbursement two days later.

For the Krug aficionados here, the bottle I received was also from the 168Ťme (based around the 2012 harvest) and was drinking beautifully.

-FlyerBeek

ijgordon Dec 29, 20 9:44 pm


Originally Posted by FlyerBeek (Post 32922817)
I'm pleased to report my purchase of Krug last week at the MIA AC automatically credited as part of my AMEX Airline Fee reimbursement two days later.

Interesting - I think I may have commented upthread about issues with this in the past. I suppose either Amex has changed tack, or my problems have been with DL SkyClubs as opposed to AC's (and possibly related to SC's operated by third parties, e.g., Sodexho, where the charge does not post with the airline as merchant).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:47 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.