FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030931-krug-alert-sale-mia-d30-admirals-club-others.html)

platbrownguy Dec 21, 20 5:30 pm

Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?

$65/half bottle, visible on the bar from across the room and listed on the menu.

I didn't flinch. Bartender popped the cork and brought it on a silver tray to my seat, poured the glasses, and placed it in a cooler.

I asked and the bartender confirmed that they are liquidating the reserves from FFD, which saddens me because with each cork of Krug that I merrily pop (and I intend to pop a good many), the death knell of FFD will sound. At below-discounted-retail prices though, bottoms up.

SNA_Flyer Dec 21, 20 5:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up.... Will need to check LAX out. Definitely a good deal.

nachosdelux Dec 21, 20 5:45 pm

wonder if you can get it to go.....

thanks for the heads up; great price.

platbrownguy Dec 21, 20 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux (Post 32903436)
wonder if you can get it to go.....

thanks for the heads up; great price.

I asked if I could pop the cork myself but he said they had to do it.

Of course if you just wanted to drink it to go, you could put it in a coffee cup, but you'd kill the already-fine bubbles.

The real question is whether I should bring my own Krug flutes next time I come through here...

ISTFlyer Dec 21, 20 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer (Post 32903424)
Thanks for the heads up.... Will need to check LAX out. Definitely a good deal.

Just a reminder that the LAX club is currently closed due to local restrictions.

cmd320 Dec 21, 20 6:40 pm

Sweet! Any idea if you can pay with miles like on Delta?

You can get a full bottle of dom in the SC for 10,000 Skymiles, it would be great to see AA offer something similar, especially while FFD and the FLs are closed.

platbrownguy Dec 21, 20 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32903513)

You can get a full bottle of dom in the SC for 10,000 Skymiles, it would be great to see AA offer something similar, especially while FFD and the FLs are closed.

No can do. Credit card only.

donotblink Dec 21, 20 6:57 pm

I wonder if they’re doing this at jfk too?!?

cmd320 Dec 21, 20 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink (Post 32903543)
I wonder if they’re doing this at jfk too?!?

Are they even allowed to serve in NY right now?

wingzing Dec 21, 20 7:20 pm

And the Kistler chard (to the right of the Krug) made the Wine Spectator top 10 for 2020. At least one of the Kistlers did - I can’t make the vineyard or vintage from the photo.

jcatman Dec 21, 20 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 32903462)
I asked if I could pop the cork myself but he said they had to do it.

Of course if you just wanted to drink it to go, you could put it in a coffee cup, but you'd kill the already-fine bubbles.

The real question is whether I should bring my own Krug flutes next time I come through here...

I think you should hold off buying any additional Krug.......at least until I finish my upcoming trip next week. :p

I'm not aware of any AAdvantage credit cards that earn bonus AA miles when used at an Admiral's Club.

Wonder if buying a drink (1/2 bottle :cool:) at the Admiral's Club will code as a restaurant purchase for 4x Membership Rewards on the American Express Gold Card?

MSPeconomist Dec 21, 20 7:55 pm

The word bittersweet seems to describe this.

BTW, the Groth cab is pretty good too.

hp12c Dec 21, 20 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 32903616)
I'm not aware of any AAdvantage credit cards that earn bonus AA miles when used at an Admiral's Club.

Wonder if buying a drink (1/2 bottle :cool:) at the Admiral's Club will code as a restaurant purchase for 4x Membership Rewards on the American Express Gold Card?

It would trigger fee credits on the Amex Platinum, right?

Antarius Dec 21, 20 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32903513)

Given the general uselessness of skypesos, that's an astonishingly good deal.

ijgordon Dec 21, 20 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c (Post 32903653)
It would trigger fee credits on the Amex Platinum, right?

Technically, no. Lounge entry is eligible for the fee reimbursement but in-lounge purchases are not. Not particularly logical, and a major pet peeve of mine of course. That said, I’ve had luck calling in and having them reimburse. Most recently there was no pushback, but a few years ago I had to fight the agent. 😀