FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030931-krug-alert-sale-mia-d30-admirals-club-others.html)

3544quebec Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am

Originally Posted by donotblink (Post 32905961)
What can we get at the airport that would pair well? Is it worth trying to bring in caviar or something?

There is a Maccas close by isn't there? Last time I was dipping my McNuggets in champagne someone walked by and said that a Frenchman would kill me for that. So it is clearly a combination that is to die for.

platbrownguy Dec 23, 2020 4:49 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec (Post 32906686)
There is a Maccas close by isn't there? Last time I was dipping my McNuggets in champagne someone walked by and said that a Frenchman would kill me for that. So it is clearly a combination that is to die for.

FT really needs a dislike button!! :mad: :mad: :p

MIAFlyer Dec 23, 2020 5:53 am

I will be in MIA at 9:30a on the 28th. Never had Krug, but will on Monday if it is still available! Thanks for the heads up. If you see me there, come say hello!

jcatman Dec 23, 2020 7:07 am

Originally Posted by MIAFlyer (Post 32907039)
I will be in MIA at 9:30a on the 28th. Never had Krug, but will on Monday if it is still available! Thanks for the heads up. If you see me there, come say hello!

Some of us plan to schlepp through the MIA Admirals Club later that week and would appreciate it if you and platbrownguy would exercise some restraint. :p

krazieman Dec 23, 2020 8:39 am

All this talk is fun, but I'm going to bet DFW doesn't have any.

perigord Dec 23, 2020 9:08 am

Originally Posted by anaggie (Post 32905655)
What time does the D club in DFW open? I have a flight at 7am to Cancun next week and maybe can down a bottle before that 🤣

I arrive the day before at 730pm into DFW .. maybe I can run over to D and order a bottle, some guacamole and chips and then go back down to collect my bags and head to the Grand Hyatt. Would this be feasible?

D club opens at 5:15 but sadly, cannot purchase alcohol until 7 AM in TX and even later on Sundays. Evening run is your best chance.

platbrownguy Dec 23, 2020 10:27 am

Originally Posted by krazieman (Post 32907328)
All this talk is fun, but I'm going to bet DFW doesn't have any.

Eh, I mean DFW served Krug at its FFD pre-covid, so I might as well take the other side of that bet. Would be nice to know sooner than Friday... so I can route through MIA instead if need be!

MIAFlyer Dec 23, 2020 11:27 am

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 32906003)

id hope it’s the 168 edition, which should be these since 164th, and better than 169 (due to base years of 2012 and 2008 for the 168 and 164 respectively. If it dient say, there is a code on the back that can be checked at the Krug website.

I will look and try to take a pic if possible. Since I don't know exactly what I'm looking for any "pre-guidance" before Monday would be welcome.

platbrownguy Dec 23, 2020 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by MIAFlyer (Post 32907775)
I will look and try to take a pic if possible. Since I don't know exactly what I'm looking for any "pre-guidance" before Monday would be welcome.

Flip the bottle over and to the left of the bar code will be a prominent 6-digit "Krug ID" number, which you can then punch in here for more info: https://www.krug.com/what-is-krug-id

anaggie Dec 23, 2020 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by perigord (Post 32907407)
D club opens at 5:15 but sadly, cannot purchase alcohol until 7 AM in TX and even later on Sundays. Evening run is your best chance.

If I take a shot at an evening run, what would happen to my bags at baggage claim? Can I leave them there for a while and then come back to claim them? Will they still be there or will I have hunt them down ?

platbrownguy Dec 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by anaggie (Post 32908244)
If I take a shot at an evening run, what would happen to my bags at baggage claim? Can I leave them there for a while and then come back to claim them? Will they still be there or will I have hunt them down ?

They'll probably be marshaled into the side baggage office pretty soon after the last bag drops. I've left bags down there while drinking in the AC before. Other than the increased risk of theft while it circles around the belt, nbd.

jcatman Dec 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Is a 1/2 bottle of Champagne worth the mental anxiety you are going to endure, wondering who might grab your bags off the carousel?

Get your luggage, stroll over to the Grand Hyatt, take the escalator UP, and have cocktails + dinner in that fantastic bar/restaurant. You'll enjoy it.

platbrownguy Dec 23, 2020 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 32908567)
Is a 1/2 bottle of Champagne worth the mental anxiety you are going to endure, wondering who might grab your bags off the carousel?

Get your luggage, stroll over to the Grand Hyatt, take the escalator UP, and have cocktails + dinner in that fantastic bar/restaurant. You'll enjoy it.

Agree that the GH DFW restaurant is fabulous, and the cocktails there are good, but the wine list isn't so great (and the markup on what they do have on offer was pretty astounding when I was there a couple weeks ago).

donotblink Dec 23, 2020 7:01 pm

In my experience, bags at Miami take forever to show up at the carousel, sometimes more than 90 minutes. You can also track bag scans on your phone!

3544quebec Dec 23, 2020 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 32906954)
FT really needs a dislike button!! :mad: :mad: :p

I just get the faintest hint that you are not a devotee of Le McNuggets Champenoise. If that is the case I advise against dining at Restaurant Joël Robuchon where it is a specialty. Best value is a family pack with a magnum of the dipping sauce.