FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030931-krug-alert-sale-mia-d30-admirals-club-others.html)

beachfan Mar 29, 21 11:56 am

Originally Posted by WanderingGent (Post 33084839)
A further update:

MIA D30 AC: SOLD OUT
LAX T4 AC: After the bottle I literally just purchased (and someone else purchased one just minutes before I did), exactly three bottles are left, including the display.

Thanks!

Headed to LAX for my first flight in 13 months Wednesday. does anyone have reports from T5?

Not sure I'll have time to do my usual TBIT lounge- AC T4- AC t5 stroll before flight time if I want to enjoy the Krug, so trying to figure out whether T4 or T5 is the likeliest. Any more recent sightings than WanderignGent's?

platbrownguy Mar 29, 21 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 33135448)
Thanks!

Headed to LAX for my first flight in 13 months Wednesday. does anyone have reports from T5?

Not sure I'll have time to do my usual TBIT lounge- AC T4- AC t5 stroll before flight time if I want to enjoy the Krug, so trying to figure out whether T4 or T5 is the likeliest. Any more recent sightings than WanderignGent's?

I went through LAX last week and unfortunately T4 was dry -- didn't think to check T5 (not that I had the time anyhow) but that's worth a shot.

Pains me that I'll be into LGA tomorrow and out on Wednesday, so close to JFK, which surely has some left. Might make a JFK run this weekend if I don't have anything better to do.

beachfan Mar 29, 21 12:23 pm

Thanks!

WanderingGent Mar 29, 21 3:03 pm

LAX T4 is completely out of Krug. LAX T5 AC remains closed, as it has been throughout the pandemic.

donotblink Apr 2, 21 1:52 am

Does anyone know how early in the morning they serve wine at JFK?

donotblink Apr 3, 21 6:53 am

Confirming that JFK still has Krug, popped a bottle open at 8:45 AM!

PTahCha Apr 4, 21 9:57 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek (Post 33114839)
Well done! They wouldn't let me take an unopened bottle to go the last two times I asked in MIA!

Oh dear! DFW connections have been so amazing the last 4+ months. Don't know how I'll survive them without Krug!

-FlyerBeek

Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer (Post 33119346)
Wow, I didn't know it's even possible to purchase a bottle to take out of the club! Did it take a bit of talking or they just allowed it?

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 33119374)
The managers at LAX and MIA made clear to me that it was definitely against the rules and that at least one employee had gotten in trouble for handing over a bottle unopened. That was back in December. Perhaps things became more relaxed at some point. (There was some noise upthread about whether in fact these clubs have a license that permits selling closed alcohol, and someone here claimed that they did. Maybe that went somewhere. Who knows.)
Sounds like a manageable goal! Now to figure out where, if anywhere, AA actually flies from JFK... seems like maybe you can't get there from here! :confused:

Legally, most ACs have on-prem or club alcohol license, which means that they can only serve alcohol on-site and not for to-go (aka off-prem, like a package or liquor store). Hence why if you spotted a bottle of wine you would like to take home from a restaurant, legally they need to open it for perfunctory purpose of serving it onsite, but it's too much for you to consume, so they seal it off for to-go.

Since the onset of the pandemic, many states have allowed on-prem licensees to sell alcohol to-go, as restaurants were prevent from operating with on-site dining, indoors or outdoors. Therefore, technically AC can sell Krug to-go starting in 2020.

At LAX, AC has a special on-prem/general sale license, which allows the following:

Generally issued to certain organizations who cannot qualify for club licenses. Authorizes the sale of beer, wine and distilled spirits, to members and guests only, for consumption on the premises where sold. Authorizes the sale of beer and wine, to members and guests only, for consumption off the licensed premises. Food service is not required. Minors are allowed on the premises.

(Emphasis added)

Also, there were no written violations for off-prem sales at LAX AC.

For JFK, as the only location with Krug left, it's a bit more tricky since New York State requires off-prem sales from on-prem license to include sale of food as part of off-prem alcohol sales. So in order to do the Krug to-go order legally, you also need to buy some food product from AC. Speaking of which....

Originally Posted by donotblink (Post 33145585)
Does anyone know how early in the morning they serve wine at JFK?

In theory, 8am Mon-Sat, 10am on Sundays.

donotblink Apr 11, 21 4:07 pm

Iím currently at the D24 AC in DFW because the Centurion Lounge is full. I knew Krug was sold out but tried to get the KISTLER LES NOISETIERS CHARDONNAY instead only to find out that it is also sold out :-(

platbrownguy Apr 11, 21 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink (Post 33170170)
Iím currently at the D24 AC in DFW because the Centurion Lounge is full. I knew Krug was sold out but tried to get the KISTLER LES NOISETIERS CHARDONNAY instead only to find out that it is also sold out :-(

You're welcome.

platbrownguy Apr 19, 21 10:44 pm

donotblink cmd320 jcatman perigord beachfan FlyerBeek*

Krug DO this Saturday?

Ok folks, here's the deal. I just spilled 35,000 miles on this Saturday's 6pm AA28, JFK-LAX, in F on the 321T. I'm planning to hunker down at the AC beforehand and consume whatever Krug supplies remain from about 3 to 5 p.m. If anyone wants to join, stop by or shoot me a PM or something (I tagged the frequent Krug fans in this thread, but all--obviously--are welcome). Happy to divvy up some Marshallberg Farms ossetra with proper spoons and all the fixins if that caviar party is finally in order.

I may not have the occasion to hit the transcons for at least a couple months after this weekend, so it will likely be "lit" as the youths say...

* 3544quebec is not invited, due to previously espoused McNugget-related beliefs

donotblink Apr 20, 21 2:38 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 33190549)

Krug DO this Saturday?

Ok folks, here's the deal. I just spilled 35,000 miles on this Saturday's 6pm AA28, JFK-LAX, in F on the 321T. I'm planning to hunker down at the AC beforehand and consume whatever Krug supplies remain from about 3 to 5 p.m. If anyone wants to join, stop by or shoot me a PM or something (I tagged the frequent Krug fans in this thread, but all--obviously--are welcome). Happy to divvy up some Marshallberg Farms ossetra with proper spoons and all the fixins if that caviar party is finally in order.

I may not have the occasion to hit the transcons for at least a couple months after this weekend, so it will likely be "lit" as the youths say...

* 3544quebec is not invited, due to previously espoused McNugget-related beliefs

I actually could be down to knock some back Saturday afternoon!

platbrownguy Apr 20, 21 7:42 am

Originally Posted by donotblink (Post 33190807)
I actually could be down to knock some back Saturday afternoon!

Will PM you!

cmd320 Apr 20, 21 8:39 am

Krug DO this Saturday?

Hah! Sounds excellent but unfortunately I don't think I'm going to be able to get to NY this weekend.

platbrownguy Apr 20, 21 12:40 pm

Substitute Krug for Veuve, and substitute JFK for my backyard, and this is the spread I'll be aiming to recreate on Saturday (plus maybe a few garnishes yoinked from the guac-mobile to make it local):

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a835378c2d.jpg

perigord Apr 20, 21 12:48 pm

Krug DO this Saturday?

So close, yet so far... Greetings from AS lounge @ LAX T6, home of complementary Wycliff. Iíll be passing back through T6 Friday night and while I would love to help clean the real Flagship Cellar, throwing in a weekend jaunt might be tough. More Krug and caviar for platbrownguy donotblink
Votre Santť!