FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030931-krug-alert-sale-mia-d30-admirals-club-others.html)

Intl359Widget Dec 22, 20 2:48 am


Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 32903462)
I asked if I could pop the cork myself but he said they had to do it.

Of course if you just wanted to drink it to go, you could put it in a coffee cup, but you'd kill the already-fine bubbles.

The real question is whether I should bring my own Krug flutes next time I come through here...

Youíre such a heathen! Fine Champagne tastes the best when served in a glass but I guess the hoi polloi at Delta would be content with a paper cup to go.

fotographer Dec 22, 20 7:23 am

its a good thing we are traveling at this time.. my wife would have a field day

asnovici Dec 22, 20 7:46 am

Will see if DFW D lounge has any of that goodness today but not expecting much.

Fraser Dec 22, 20 9:46 am

Good spot and a great deal!

I rather like DL's feature of paying for premium champagne with Skymiles. Since I fly so infrequently with them it's a great use of orphan miles....and was about the only remotely premium thing about the LGA ground experience!

krazieman Dec 22, 20 1:50 pm

Will try DFW next week, but it's an 8:45am flight to Orlando for Disney with my kids. Not sure if I should finish 2 mini bottles of Krug that early in the morning.

cmd320 Dec 22, 20 2:06 pm


Originally Posted by krazieman (Post 32905550)
Will try DFW next week, but it's an 8:45am flight to Orlando for Disney with my kids. Not sure if I should finish 2 mini bottles of Krug that early in the morning.

Sounds like a very good reason to finish as many bottles as possible...

anaggie Dec 22, 20 2:33 pm

What time does the D club in DFW open? I have a flight at 7am to Cancun next week and maybe can down a bottle before that 🤣

I arrive the day before at 730pm into DFW .. maybe I can run over to D and order a bottle, some guacamole and chips and then go back down to collect my bags and head to the Grand Hyatt. Would this be feasible?

donotblink Dec 22, 20 4:59 pm

What can we get at the airport that would pair well? Is it worth trying to bring in caviar or something?

beachfan Dec 22, 20 5:21 pm

Sushi pairs well at can be gotten at MIA (at least pre COVID).


quality is acceptable (but not enticing).

strawberries, chocolate, perhaps more reliable at the airport.

.
Do they let you take the Krug out unopened? While itís a great price , not if I have to drink it at 8am.

id hope itís the 168 edition, which should be these since 164th, and better than 169 (due to base years of 2012 and 2008 for the 168 and 164 respectively. If it dient say, there is a code on the back that can be checked at the Krug website.

As far as Delta and Dom, it was the 2009 Dom when I was last in a Skyclub, from what I hear, inferior to the 2008

AA100k Dec 22, 20 8:38 pm

Hope it doesn’t run out before I get to DFW next week. Nice way to bring in the New Year, hoping it’s much better for all.

platbrownguy Dec 22, 20 8:42 pm


Originally Posted by donotblink (Post 32905961)
What can we get at the airport that would pair well? Is it worth trying to bring in caviar or something?

Krug, like most fine champagne, pairs well with darn near anything... steak, chocolate, caviar, smores, whatever. You could certainly bring a cooler with solid-form ice packs holding a tin of caviar, some boiled potatoes, a bit of creme fraiche, and some garnishes. Could be fun. But with all that effort, might as well be at home if you're flying solo. If there's interest in getting something together some time 12/27-30, I would totally be down for a MIA D30 Krug-and-caviar "do" to drain the supplies. We could go in on a 250g tin of Marshallberg Farms ossetra. PM me.


Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 32906003)
id hope itís the 168 edition, which should be these since 164th, and better than 169 (due to base years of 2012 and 2008 for the 168 and 164 respectively. If it dient say, there is a code on the back that can be checked at the Krug website.

As far as Delta and Dom, it was the 2009 Dom when I was last in a Skyclub, from what I hear, inferior to the 2008

the half bottles don't say on the front but I've always found the grand cuvee to be pretty consistent unlike Dom and others. I didn't check the code on the back but it's whatever they were pouring in FFD in Feb.

That said, I've done a few champagne parties during covid and no group has yet perceived a meaningful difference between the '08 and '09 Dom. '08 vs '12 Veuve, absolutely (the '08 is much nicer).

platbrownguy Dec 22, 20 8:45 pm


Originally Posted by AA100k (Post 32906364)
Hope it doesnít run out before I get to DFW next week. Nice way to bring in the New Year, hoping itís much better for all.

I don't think anyone's confirmed that DFW D even has it. I'll be there 1-2pm on Christmas, just long enough...

donotblink Dec 22, 20 8:53 pm


Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 32906369)
Krug, like most fine champagne, pairs well with darn near anything... steak, chocolate, caviar, smores, whatever. You could certainly bring a cooler with solid-form ice packs holding a tin of caviar, some boiled potatoes, a bit of creme fraiche, and some garnishes. Could be fun. But with all that effort, might as well be at home if you're flying solo. If there's interest in getting something together some time 12/27-30, I would totally be down for a MIA D30 Krug-and-caviar "do" to drain the supplies. We could go in on a 250g tin of Marshallberg Farms ossetra. PM me.



the half bottles don't say on the front but I've always found the grand cuvee to be pretty consistent unlike Dom and others. I didn't check the code on the back but it's whatever they were pouring in FFD in Feb.

That said, I've done a few champagne parties during covid and no group has yet perceived a meaningful difference between the '08 and '09 Dom. '08 vs '12 Veuve, absolutely (the '08 is much nicer).

I canít do 12/27...Iím currently scheduled to fly into MIA 12/30 and could possibly do 12/29!

cmd320 Dec 22, 20 9:29 pm


Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 32906369)
Krug, like most fine champagne, pairs well with darn near anything... steak, chocolate, caviar, smores, whatever. You could certainly bring a cooler with solid-form ice packs holding a tin of caviar, some boiled potatoes, a bit of creme fraiche, and some garnishes. Could be fun. But with all that effort, might as well be at home if you're flying solo. If there's interest in getting something together some time 12/27-30, I would totally be down for a MIA D30 Krug-and-caviar "do" to drain the supplies. We could go in on a 250g tin of Marshallberg Farms ossetra. PM me.

Now that sounds like a lot of fun. I need to go back to CLT again soon, but Iím
not sure I can get it together that quickly. I had been planning for an early January timeframe. If I can do it between Xmas and NY though, Iíll definitely be on board!

jcatman Dec 22, 20 10:43 pm


Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32906449)
Now that sounds like a lot of fun. I need to go back to CLT again soon, but Iím
not sure I can get it together that quickly. I had been planning for an early January timeframe. If I can do it between Xmas and NY though, Iíll definitely be on board!

January 2021? We will be lucky if there is any left two days after Christmas.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:15 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.