FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030931-krug-alert-sale-mia-d30-admirals-club-others.html)

platbrownguy Feb 28, 2021 9:38 am

Originally Posted by ryanbriar (Post 33067145)
The DFW C Club had a few bottles in the fridge on Friday night.

Good to know. I stayed at the HR last night and ended up flying out of C12 this morning, so I decided just to walk to the gate rather than shuttling to D, scouting Krug at D23, and skylinking back. (I also had my first battlefield upgrade in a while -- I was #1 of 12 for 1 seat and didn't want a rogue GA who found a way to skip me in my absence. Ended up clearing, when I asked, as Group 1 boarding began.)

My hunch is that it'll take LAX and JFK a little longer to drain their supplies than MIA, because they haven't been as fully open the past 2 months. We'll see how long DFW lasts but I probably won't be back through for at least a month.

jcatman Feb 28, 2021 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 33067380)
Good to know. I stayed at the HR last night and ended up flying out of C12 this morning, so I decided just to walk to the gate rather than shuttling to D, scouting Krug at D23, and skylinking back. (I also had my first battlefield upgrade in a while -- I was #1 of 12 for 1 seat and didn't want a rogue GA who found a way to skip me in my absence. Ended up clearing, when I asked, as Group 1 boarding began.)

My hunch is that it'll take LAX and JFK a little longer to drain their supplies than MIA, because they haven't been as fully open the past 2 months. We'll see how long DFW lasts but I probably won't be back through for at least a month.

There's hope for the rest of us to snag a bottle..........:p

VibeGuy Feb 28, 2021 12:57 pm

Krug To Go?

Anyone had any luck purchasing from LAX for off-premises consumption? It’s such a smoking deal but I didn’t bring the Riedel with me this trip, and this honestly merits the good stems.

platbrownguy Feb 28, 2021 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by VibeGuy (Post 33067804)
Anyone had any luck purchasing from LAX for off-premises consumption? It’s such a smoking deal but I didn’t bring the Riedel with me this trip, and this honestly merits the good stems.

No, and they're not supposed to let it out of the club (and they get in trouble if they do, apparently). For "roadies," I would stick to cocktails that you stealthily repour into to-go coffee cups.

BenjaminNicholas Feb 28, 2021 2:55 pm

The amount of now-insufferable social media posts with people drinking Krug out of plastic cups is concerning.

VibeGuy Feb 28, 2021 3:02 pm

Aargh. I was hoping for still-sealed. It’s *possible* they have a Class 51 license that would forbid sales for off-premises consumption, but it’s almost assuredly a 47 which would allow sealed beer and wine sales. Bummer. Kills me, because I *just got* new Somm Champagne stems and fled the country before I got to use them.

WanderingGent Feb 28, 2021 3:53 pm

I'll be connecting at JFK in 8 days... 6-hour layover. Would be great to pass some of that time with Krug.

platbrownguy Feb 28, 2021 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by VibeGuy (Post 33068068)
Aargh. I was hoping for still-sealed. It’s *possible* they have a Class 51 license that would forbid sales for off-premises consumption, but it’s almost assuredly a 47 which would allow sealed beer and wine sales. Bummer. Kills me, because I *just got* new Somm Champagne stems and fled the country before I got to use them.

I saw a nice set of flutes at the Le Creuset store the other day that looked just like Krug flutes... almost bought them to bring to the AC!

I don't know anything about classes of licenses but it sounds like they have to open the bottle, pop your beers, etc., at LAX. Or at least they all think they do.

The only domestic airport lounge I've seen recently that allows roadies is "the Club at MSY" in New Orleans... no problem getting a Truly to go and walking on board with it (this deserves its own thread, which we may have to start when the Krug fountain dies).

cmd320 Feb 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 33067932)
No, and they're not supposed to let it out of the club (and they get in trouble if they do, apparently). For "roadies," I would stick to cocktails that you stealthily repour into to-go coffee cups.

Not sure if they’re still doing it, but in MIA post-COVID I’ve been to a number of restaurants that will give you a to-go cup for your drink. In Florida to-go liquor was made legal as part of the effort to reduce the impact on restaurants and it was never really changed back. The AC policy may prevent this, however useful to know you can still take something to-go from a restaurant.

JALOO5-Flyer Feb 28, 2021 9:48 pm

If the supply levels are the same, I bet JFK AC will be the last one to run out since JFK only has fewer than 20 departures a day. They cannot even fully fill the premium cabin on JFK-LAX, and the ACs are not as busy.

jcatman Mar 7, 2021 9:07 am

March 4, DFW Terminal D Club: Apparently, platbrownguy has single-handedly emptied the coffers at this Admirals Club. Approached the bar and did not see the familiar 1/2 bottle displayed. Ugh. Ordered Krug from the bartender (who was limping; audibly groaning in pain; grimacing with pain; nearly fell to the floor twice during my transaction). He warned me that Krug was only available by the bottle and cost $65.....I said "please". Unfortunately, he opened every refrigerator door twice and.....nada......zip.......nothing. Reluctantly implemented Plan B and spent (wasted) $16 on a glass of Le Pich Cabernet, a wine I enjoyed so much from previous Flagship First Dining experiences that I ordered a case from a wine shop and drank it at home. This particular bottle must have been opened in February :rolleyes:. Immediately schlepped over to the new Centurion Lounge at Terminal D and enjoyed the amazing hot food and the Nino Franco Rustico Prosecco.

March 4, LAX Terminal 4 Club: Approached the bar and ordered Krug from a bartender who knew his stuff. Out came the 1/2 bottle, the glass flutes and the ice bucket. He asked where I was seated and told me he would bring everything out to me. Significant gratuity provided to bartender. Wow......sipping this is fantastic.

March 5, LAX Terminal 4 Club: Approached a disheveled and disinterested-looking chap behind the bar (Emmanuel had not come to work yet, unfortunately) and ordered Krug Champagne. Bartender immediately warned me that it was by the bottle only and cost $65.......I said "please". Bartender produced the unopened bottle and then reached for a plastic glass. I said "don't you have glassware"? He replied "plastic is all we have now". I replied "when I had this yesterday in this same Club, the bartender found glassware in that cabinet right over there". Reluctantly, the flutes appeared and were immediately iced. Bartender said he would bring the setup to my seat. Moments later, the glassware and ice bucket and unopened 1/2 bottle appeared, and he let me open it myself. So hard to sip this Champagne slowly.....it's just so damn good.

The lesson here...

1. Don't pay for the Champagne until you see glassware and ice bucket appear on the bar. No glassware, no $65 sale. Truly.

2. Restrict platbrownguy from any future air travel for two months or until the Krug is completely gone, whichever occurs last. :p

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...83ad0fa748.jpg

platbrownguy Mar 7, 2021 10:18 am

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 33083534)
2. Restrict platbrownguy from any future air travel for two months or until the Krug is completely gone, whichever occurs last. :p

I hope you enjoyed the last two $65 half-bottles of Krug that you'll ever see, which I graciously left just for you! :mad::cool:

If I weren't in a giant hot tub in Puerto Rico, I'd fly to LAX right now just to make sure of it!

WanderingGent Mar 7, 2021 9:55 pm

A further update:

MIA D30 AC: SOLD OUT
LAX T4 AC: After the bottle I literally just purchased (and someone else purchased one just minutes before I did), exactly three bottles are left, including the display.

metallo Mar 7, 2021 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by WanderingGent (Post 33084839)
A further update:

MIA D30 AC: SOLD OUT
LAX T4 AC: After the bottle I literally just purchased (and someone else purchased one just minutes before I did), exactly three bottles are left, including the display.

Well, let's hope that the plus side will be that, once all the bottles are sold, they'll decide there's enough demand to open the FL and FFD. One can only wish, anyway. ;)

BenjaminNicholas Mar 7, 2021 10:42 pm

Good lord... This breathless reporting of Krug supply is something else.

It ain't a 1982 Chateau Margaux :)

It's better-than-average Champagne.